What is wrong with Political Correctness in some cases?

Page 13 of 13 [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 2:25 am

Joe90 wrote:
In my opinion I believe that people who focus too much on not being racist actually become like racists themselves. .

Do you have an example?

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 5:05 am

cyberdad wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
Out of curiosity, I'd like to know how many people on this forum ACTUALLY HAVE REACHED OUT to the black community to help them?

Oh boy you don't get it do you. The first problem is treating black people like they need "special help". Watch black comedians or listen to black activists. The number one thing they hate is white folk who think they can come into a ghetto as "saviours" teach the kids like Michelle Pfifer and return back to their "white bubbles". As if they don't have teachers who can't do the same thing :roll:

Black people don't have "special needs". They just want the same opportunities for their kids.

Who's being a savior? I'm just a teacher doing his job.

And you are part of the problem if that's the way you feel. Why can't I just want the best outcomes for everyone I teach? The idea that it's somehow wrong to at least expose kids to diverse experiences and opportunities whether they take me up on it or not is a negative and bigoted one. And that's exactly what I mean when I point out progressive hypocrisy and racism. You don't believe black people deserve to be well-informed of the opportunities they have!

You were challenging members on this forum to go out and help black people. I was pointing out that is condescending to say "Black people need out help". They need opportunity. How is that controversial?

You’re avoiding the question. You’re saying it’s condescending to reach out to black communities to inform them of real opportunities they actually have versus the hopeless attitudes they already have. You are using your own white privilege (assuming you’re white, correct me if I’m wrong) to avoid reaching out to black communities because a black comedian said not to. Am I understanding you here? You’re saying that because a comedian said so, and that comedian happens to be black, that it’s wrong to help black people because it’s “condescending.” I think making excuses makes you (rhetorical “you,” not a personal attack) a bigot. All I’m asking is whether anyone besides me on this forum have ever been active in elevating the status of impoverished blacks at all. Am I correct in assuming that you have done absolutely nothing to make positive change happen for black people? Are you not racist for being too afraid of getting your hands dirty?

I’m not challenging white people to do anything. But we do talk a lot on here about racism. I’m just wondering who all besides me puts their money where their mouth is.