Ah ship, here we go again (going back to school)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

_cora_
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2022, 8:32 am

After being denied an IEP for my good social skills, and being determined "not technically autistic" by my school, they have finally agreed to give me a 504 plan. I'm being pressured by my dad to go back this year, which I don't want to, but I'm still doing because I feel like I have to. I have to go in for 2 classes, and do the rest online. That's because I couldn't survive doing the full school day when I started in the fall, and what got me into this mess.
I'm stressed out about many things. I've got an event I have to plan next week, then after that, school that Monday. I have over 10 big questions, but I can't really get them answered. I'm confused, and feel like I'm throwing myself into this without thinking, which is what I did wrong last year.
I also don't know what to say when the kids ask where I've been. Do I tell the truth? That I've been slacking off and haven't learned in months? Do I say I was doing school online? Another option is to say that I've been on a dramatic quest of self improvement, which isn't wrong either. I've done some weird s**t while I've been retreating and may even say I've become a better person.
Also, sorry about my last post, I'm finally better after a week. It seems stupid now, but I was dying then, lol.
Idk how anyone could really help, I guess I just need reassurance that I made the right choice and that the beginning of the year won't repeat.

_cora_
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 May 2022, 8:59 am

I'm going back next Monday, and I got my questions answered, thank god. Now I'm just nervous for no real reason other than I feel nervous and this is a giant change. I'm just pretending this isn't going to happen.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2022, 10:22 am

You're pretty good, actually.

I don't really have the ability to plan "events," even at 61 years of age.

Good luck in school!

And remember: whether you have an IEP, or a 504, you still must get an academic diploma in order to have a chance in life.

marianadavies
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jun 2022, 6:37 am

Yes, you're right. It's a massive change in life, and it's okay to have such a feeling. My sister was going through the same thing, but with the support of people around you, you'll make it!

Last edited by marianadavies on 29 Jun 2022, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.