Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2022, 11:16 am

I need to careful about how I say this. To be clear, I do not have any real plans to harm any other person. This is not about indulging any revenge fantasies I have, but rather discussing their existence. I hope this topic does not violate any WP rules. Also, I want to make clear that none of my revenge fantasies pertain to anyone on WP.

I don't want to go into detail about the revenge fantasies. But there are a few individuals who have hurt me in the past. Bullies who kicked me while I was down at some of the most traumatic points in my life. I mean, is it normal to fantasize about holding power over such individuals and hurting them back? Is this something I should be concerned about? Thing is, if I somehow did possess the opportunity and the means to exact my revenge, and if I was guaranteed to not face any legal or social consequences for doing so; I feel that I cannot be certain I wouldn't actually do it. I'm aware that such a scenario would be impossible in real life, but the thought still concerns me. I'm not sure what to make of it. I just started seeing a therapists again, if that helps.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2022, 12:11 pm

I think it's normal. Just let them arrive when they do..and let them pass. They'll go away soon hopefully.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2022, 3:06 pm

It is not illegal to think the wrong thoughts

Please do not tell any mandated reporters about your revenge fantasies

Sometimes mandated reporters totally misunderstand things and overreact

Some counselors acted like the correct answer to "how are you doing?" Is "perfect", and. all other answers are wrong. And the punishment for a wrong answer is 5150

Having written that, counselors might be able to "help" you.

You have to say, which counselor

Counselors could "help", "hurt", both or neither

By the way "thin line between love and hate"

Love and hate are not opposites

Minuteman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Apr 2022, 8:32 pm

My lying a-hole ex-boss deserves to have bodily harm done to him -- no, I won't do it, but the SOB deserves it.

At best/worst, I'll visit his grave after he dies ... and I'll be sure to have a full bladder when I do.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2022, 8:36 pm

Ah, yes...
I used to indulge some of those.

A very few I acted upon, all the least extreme and most realistic ones, and got away with it but that's because I was just an angry little girl instead of one who expected to know any better.

Quite a catharsis to make it real. But in the grand scheme of everything, it's short term. And the rest is not possible for me or downright inane to act upon.

Of course I had experienced injustice.
Of course I had experienced indignation.
Of course I had experienced being shamed on.
Of course I have enough pride to do so without a backlash of guilt and justify the hurt.

A part of me whispers and wishes -- that people should feel the same as I do, so they won't do it again when they know.

Quite implied that said people do not have enough empathy to hurt me or others.
This also implied -- why not give them something to emphasize with and about?

Am I, deep down, behind the twisted depictions of vengeance, the ideas about paying back and retaliation, behind the ideas of getting personal justices, asking for or teaching them about sympathy?
It's a strange conundrum.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2022, 4:02 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

Unfortunately, yes. This is important. Probably not a good idea to discuss your revenge fantasies with your therapist. You could be involuntarily committed as a result.

This happened to someone I know. His parents had to intervene to get him out.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2022, 4:16 am

dorkseid wrote:
I don't want to go into detail about the revenge fantasies. But there are a few individuals who have hurt me in the past. Bullies who kicked me while I was down at some of the most traumatic points in my life. I mean, is it normal to fantasize about holding power over such individuals and hurting them back? Is this something I should be concerned about? Thing is, if I somehow did possess the opportunity and the means to exact my revenge, and if I was guaranteed to not face any legal or social consequences for doing so; I feel that I cannot be certain I wouldn't actually do it. I'm aware that such a scenario would be impossible in real life, but the thought still concerns me. I'm not sure what to make of it.

If you're not making any serious plans to carry out these thoughts in real life, then I'd say these fantasies are a problem only if they are obsessive to the point of consuming a lot of time and/or emotional energy that could otherwise be spent on more productive things.

Perhaps you might find it cathartic to burn, cut up, or otherwise destroy images of these people? I would suggest doing so only if it will help you let go of your hatreds and move on. (Of course, if you choose to burn images, be careful of fire safety.)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2022, 4:21 am

dorkseid wrote:
I need to careful about how I say this. To be clear, I do not have any real plans to harm any other person. This is not about indulging any revenge fantasies I have, but rather discussing their existence. I hope this topic does not violate any WP rules. Also, I want to make clear that none of my revenge fantasies pertain to anyone on WP.

I don't want to go into detail about the revenge fantasies. But there are a few individuals who have hurt me in the past. Bullies who kicked me while I was down at some of the most traumatic points in my life. I mean, is it normal to fantasize about holding power over such individuals and hurting them back? Is this something I should be concerned about? Thing is, if I somehow did possess the opportunity and the means to exact my revenge, and if I was guaranteed to not face any legal or social consequences for doing so; I feel that I cannot be certain I wouldn't actually do it. I'm aware that such a scenario would be impossible in real life, but the thought still concerns me. I'm not sure what to make of it. I just started seeing a therapists again, if that helps.

I've been there, big time. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2022, 4:25 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

Unfortunately, yes. This is important. Probably not a good idea to discuss your revenge fantasies with your therapist. You could be involuntarily committed as a result.

This happened to someone I know. His parents had to intervene to get him out.

I have a particular *fantasy*, and I do emphasise that it is only a fantasy, of crapping on the grave of one of my bullies, obviously after he is dead. :mrgreen:

Hopefully, he will fall off the perch before me, so I can celebrate.
He is a lot older than I am, after all. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2022, 6:18 pm

I know a nasty old witch that needs to step off a curb in front of a big truck. But I won’t push her nor be driving the truck. Still have those thoughts for atrocious people from time to time. Probably fairly normal/common and not too harmful unless they become obsessive and interfere with your own health and well being.

Jayo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2022, 6:46 pm

I can definitely think of a few "people" from my past, whom I wouldn't shed a tear over if they died in some horrible way.
I don't bother googling them, since I've moved on since way back then, vastly improved my life and social functioning, and it sounds cliche but the best revenge, for me, is living well.

But yeah...several years ago, I fantasized in my head about these malignant narcissist / psycho personality types having a heavy object fall off a building and crush them, sort of like the end of the first episode of the third season of Fargo
:D

Imedatingayandere
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2022, 8:54 pm

dorkseid wrote:

"I mean, is it normal to fantasize about holding power over such individuals and hurting them back? "

Yes....

very

Imedatingayandere
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2022, 8:59 pm

Imedatingayandere wrote:
dorkseid wrote:

"I mean, is it normal to fantasize about holding power over such individuals and hurting them back? "

Yes....

very

One of my teachers who abused me I slammed a tablet over his head , they claimed he got a concision (of course it was nonsense and he didn't have it.. didn't even show up for the actual day of the court date) I was given multiple months of probation..

it's normal to feel this way towards certain people just don't act the way I did