Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 1:11 pm

^This wave may still be on the rise.
We'll keep watching.

They have better medical resources per capita than we do.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Jun 2022, 1:16 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
^This wave may still be on the rise.
We'll keep watching.

They have better medical resources per capita than we do.
Yes, it all has to be taken into consideration.
It's all about balancing risks, costs and benefits.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 2:34 pm

Now big cities are building provisional buildings dedicated to nucleic acid testing.
And more and more services require a negative nucleic acid test certificate within 48/72 hours. This happened even in a city that hasn't reported any outbreaks for a year.

I don't know how often other countries usually require nucleic acid testing.
But it smells like Keynesianism has moved from the realm of infrastructure to the realm of epidemic prevention and control.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Jun 2022, 1:49 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
But it smells like Keynesianism has moved from the realm of infrastructure to the realm of epidemic prevention and control.
I think there is something in Chinese culture about committing to big projects.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 8:19 am

A Taiwanese wrote an article on our platform to demonstrate why Mainland should not "coexist".

Quote:
The current situation in Taiwan is a good example for the mainland.

When I meet the "coexistence" faction on the mainland, I ask them a few questions:

1. today, you are leading the mainland's epidemic prevention policy. Will you coexist

2. how many people will die after coexistence?

3. the first and second tier cities are relatively developed. Maybe not too many people will die. What about the countryside?

4. let vulnerable groups bear the consequences of coexistence, and let the rich enjoy the dividends of coexistence. Is it just?

Personally, I have been infected with the epidemic disease in Taiwan. I have no symptoms. For me, Xinguan really can't even catch a cold. But I also know that I won't pay the price for COVID. I am young, have a good income, have good knowledge, and even have reliable contacts in the hospital. I can live in the ward at any time, as long as I need it.

It is difficult for me to die because of COVID, but I have also seen how these vulnerable groups in Taiwan died. Before that, there was a mother and daughter of Keelung whose mother was in her sixties and had a high fever. They went to the hospital twice and were called home for "self observation". Finally, Ling Chen, a daughter in her forties, went out to work at five o'clock in the morning. After returning home, her mother died in bed.

It won't be me, but I feel sad for them. I feel very sad for their weakness.

Does the coexistence faction feel that the mainland is less vulnerable than Taiwan? Is the average medical care in the mainland better than that in Taiwan? Let's not lie to ourselves.

Ask yourself again: what is the cost of coexistence?
————————————————————————————
I don't mean that the mainland cannot choose to coexist,
Instead, coexistence faction should think about these issues.

You should pass this test in your own mind and answer without hesitation when others ask you. This is a rational coexistence faction.

Otherwise, you are no different from the children who roll all over the supermarket asking for candy.

Three million people have been diagnosed in Taiwan. But the media in Chinese Mainland are not crazy about this - this should be a good excuse to accuse the DPP.

Recently, both Shanghai and Beijing have hastily liberalized the policy without complete "zero".

One theory is that the central government is considering changing policies. However, the publicity in the past has caused people to have excessive fear of covid. This time, the abnormal propaganda caliber is to dilute the fear and reduce the resistance to policy change.

However, another analyst believe that Taiwan was the last place in the world to end the SARS epidemic in 2003, which also did not get the attention of the mainland media. This may not represent a particular change.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 10:22 am

Under the new policy, the isolation time of inbound personnel and those who have come into contact with infected persons has been shortened from two weeks to one week.

And there is no longer a special mark on the health code of residents in other areas of the city after patients appear in a certain area.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 7:45 pm

Joint prevention and control mechanism of the State Council: China's current party and state leaders have completed domestic covid-19 vaccination July 23, 2022
https://www.chinanews.com.cn/gn/2022/07-23/9810394.shtml

Quote:
Zeng Yixin, deputy director of the National Health Commission of China and head of the vaccine research and development special class of the scientific research team, said at the press conference of the joint prevention and control mechanism of the State Council on the 23rd that China's current party and state leaders have completed covid-19 vaccination, and all of them are domestic vaccines...Zeng Yixin said that this situation fully shows that Chinese leaders attach great importance to the prevention and control of covid-19 and have high trust in covid-19 vaccine produced in China.

All relevant news is forbidden to comment.

Possibility A: COVID policy would be adjusted.
Possibility B: Core officials began to trust domestic vaccines only last month.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 3:50 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
You must know that there is a bio-lab that studies coronavirus, in Wuhan.
Reason would suggest it was the possible origin of the virus.

possible, yes.
An attractive theory.

And there is evidence that the virus was manmade, also.

"Don't shoot the messenger." ;)

I'm sure there's also some research from multiple countries showing that it's not man-made.

Just because it is not man-made, it doesn't mean that it wasn't leaked from the lab, these biolabs study natural viruses all the time.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 3:32 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Just because it is not man-made, it doesn't mean that it wasn't leaked from the lab, these biolabs study natural viruses all the time.

A Timeline Of The COVID-19 Wuhan Lab Origin Theory
Quote:
TOPLINE The theory COVID-19 originated in a laboratory in Wuhan, China — and not naturally in wildlife — has emerged as an explosive claim pitting scientists, who remain skeptical of the claim, against Trump administration officials, who have rallied around the theory as the White House turns to deflecting attention away from criticism it faltered in its handling of the outbreak and casting blame onto China; here’s a timeline laying out the progression of the theory:

January 26
The conservative Washington Times publishes a report with the menacing headline “Coronavirus may have originated in lab linked to China's biowarfare program,” which immediately gets global pickup.

February 16
Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., becomes the first high-profile U.S. politician to raise the possibility that the outbreak “originated”— or, presumably, was created—in the Wuhan lab — while admitting there was no evidence to suggest there was.

February 16
The Washington Post finds experts who quickly dismiss Cotton’s suggestion, like Richard Ebright, a professor of chemical biology at Rutgers University, who says, “The possibility this was a deliberately released bioweapon can be firmly excluded.”

February 16
Cotton clarifies his earlier remarks in a series of tweets—noting different possible scenarios, from a man-made virus theory to a lab accident—though concedes that the virus originating naturally is “still the most likely” theory.

February 18
A group of 27 prominent scientists outside China publishes a statement in The Lancet to “condemn conspiracy theories suggesting that COVID-19 does not have a natural origin“ and point out the research “overwhelmingly” concludes the “coronavirus originated in wildlife.”

March 17
“We do not believe any type of laboratory-based scenario is plausible,” five prominent scientists write in a report published in Nature Medicine.

March 25
The Washington Times adds an update to its original story, noting that “scientists outside of China have had a chance to study the SARS-CoV-2 virus” and have “concluded it does not show signs of having been manufactured or purposefully manipulated in a lab.”

April 16
CNN and Fox News report officials inside the government are investigating the claim the virus was released from the lab accidentally as scientists were studying infectious diseases (the reports indicate the intelligence officials do not believe the virus is man-made or developed as a bioweapon.)

April 18
The director of the Wuhan lab, Yuan Zhiming, denies any link between the virus and the lab in an interview with the state-run China Global Television Network.

April 18
President Trump says during a White House briefing that the U.S. government was looking into the claim the virus spread as a result of a lab accident and that it made “sense,” without citing evidence; during the same briefing, Dr. Anthony Fauci throws cold water on the claim, citing a study that found the virus’s “mutations” are “totally consistent with a jump of a species from an animal to a human.”

April 21
The theory picks up steam among other GOP lawmakers, and Cotton now pens an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal, writing: “While the Chinese government denies the possibility of a lab leak, its actions tell a different story.”

April 30
The New York Times reports that senior Trump administration officials, led by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, pushed U.S. spy agencies to dig up evidence linking the lab to the origin of the outbreak even though most intelligence agencies remain skeptical of finding any evidence to support any link to the lab.

April 30
The Inspector General of the Intelligence Community releases a statement saying the intelligence community “concurs with the scientific consensus that the COVID-19 virus was not manmade or genetically modified” but added officials will continue to “rigorously examine emerging information” to determine whether the “outbreak began through contact with infected animals or if it was the result of an accident at a laboratory in Wuhan.”

April 30
During a White House event, President Trump says, without providing specifics, he has a “high degree of confidence” the virus came from a lab in Wuhan.

May 3
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says on ABC News “This Week” that there is “enormous evidence” to support the theory that COVID-19 came from the lab, though agreed with the inspector general that the virus did not appear “manmade or genetically modified,” and would not say whether he thought it was intentionally released because the “Chinese Communist Party has refused to cooperate with world health experts."

May 4
A Chinese newspaper controlled by the government comes out forcefully against Pompeo’s claims in an editorial, writing that Pompeo had “stunned the world with groundless accusations.”

May 4
In an interview with National Geographic, Fauci says there is no evidence the virus was “artificially or deliberately manipulated,” that all signs indicate that the virus “evolved in nature and then jumped species,” and doubted that could have escaped the Wuhan laboratory.

May 5
During an on-camera press briefing at the Pentagon, Joint Chiefs Chairman General Mark Milley says “we don’t know” whether the outbreak began in a Chinese lab or a wet market, and added “the weight of evidence is that it was natural and not manmade.”

May 6
Pompeo seems to hedge his statements, now saying, "we don't have certainty," the virus leaked from the lab, even though "there is significant evidence that this came from the laboratory.

May 24
Wuhan Institute of Virology director Wang Yanyi tells state broadcaster CGTN that the theory Covid-19 leaked from a lab in Wuhan is “pure fabrication.” Wang adds her lab was studying three live strains of bat coronaviruses, but none matched Covid-19.

Possibility.

However, the last time the Chinese people feared the coronavirus, SARS, it was later investigated that the intermediary animal was the wild animal civet, which was sold for food. The original source were bats.
This time, covid appeared in the wild meat market.
There are some simpler explanations.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 9:10 am

My heart goes out to the people in Shanghai and the rest of China.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 3:01 pm

5/24/2019, Taiwan: in the future, if illegal spreading of epidemic rumors or false information is enough to cause damage to the public or others, the maximum fine will be increased from the current NT $500000 to NT $3 million.
5/28/2022, Taiwanese artist says "many children have left." Su Tseng Chang: false news should be investigated

Quote:
A few days ago, artist Guo Yanjun shared on Facebook that his medical friends described "children are getting worse" and "I see so many children gone", which caused an uproar and was criticized by netizens. In this regard, Premier Su Tseng Chang said in an interview before attending the national cultural conference today that such untrue rumors are similar in content and have obvious operational traces. They are very illegal and inappropriate. They also disrespect the hard work of epidemic prevention and cause social panic. They will be held accountable and investigated. They also called on the people of Taiwan not to spread false news without verification.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 3:10 pm

Note: Taiwan's population: 23 million.

Note:Japan's population: 126 million