Any forums for grad students on the spectrum?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2022, 4:18 pm

Hi:

I am getting ready to head back to grad school. Meanwhile none of my current friends seem to want an education. They just want to work and be social.

I would like to find some forums for other people on the spectrum who are also in the same boat.

luckystrike.es
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Apr 2022, 7:21 pm

Hi. If you find one, please let me know.

What are you planning to study?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2022, 10:07 am

I am thinking about operating a forum for grad students on the spectrum.

Midshipman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jun 2022, 11:20 am

Hi,

I'd also be interested in such a forum. I've completed postgraduate work and I am taking a further undergraduate degree-out of interest.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2022, 11:24 am

your University may have a club for students on the spectrum - some do. Or alternatively, you might start one.

vergil96

10 Jan 2024, 9:42 am

I want to go to graduate school at some point. Yes, PhD in computer science. I'm really passionate about data science and machine learning and I've learnt a lot already independently.

hashiphilp
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jan 2024, 9:34 pm

Well, if you have decided to go to the grad school, it is a better decision rather that of your friends who want to stay back at home and be social. Raise your standard and you will be surrounded by friends.

I'm PhD in, now working as a professor in an educational institute. I have a new circle of friends and I hope you will have too.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2024, 9:48 pm

The College Life Forum on WP is a good start

vergil96

25 Jan 2024, 4:43 pm

hashiphilp wrote:
Well, if you have decided to go to the grad school, it is a better decision rather that of your friends who want to stay back at home and be social. Raise your standard and you will be surrounded by friends.

I'm PhD in, now working as a professor in an educational institute. I have a new circle of friends and I hope you will have too.

Seconded, socializing is about meeting like-minded people who find the same kinds of things engaging and who have a similar lifestyle. Then - making friends comes in a natural and effortless fashion, you don't even notice when it happens, you were just exchanging interesting information, working together etc.