Donald Trump reveals how he would have dealt with Russia

Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 2:31 am

Trump is saying whatever he thinks gives him good PR. And lots of attention, which he's always mighty successful in achieving.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Apr 2022, 2:34 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
magz wrote:
If I was the POTUS, I would kill Putin with my super secret orbital laser.

Wow. Do you know how easy it is to say it? :mrgreen:
Wouldn't you have be like Putin to have one of those in the first place?
No, but I would have to be like Putin to keep saying absurd lies with serious face.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 3:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
It's easy for Trump to say what he'd do after the fact. But going by what John Bolton claims - and while I don't like or agree with Bolton, I respect him for his honesty - Trump had been planning to pull out of NATO in his second term, leaving the alliance without American might or leadership. The fact that Trump had made a total reversal of the GOP's policies in regard to Russia, and that Trump had been in contact with the Putin during his campaign against Clinton and saw Putin as his benefactor, I don't buy that he would have taken a hard stance against Russia.

All unrealised speculation. 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 3:26 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
It's easy for Trump to say what he'd do after the fact. But going by what John Bolton claims - and while I don't like or agree with Bolton, I respect him for his honesty - Trump had been planning to pull out of NATO in his second term, leaving the alliance without American might or leadership. The fact that Trump had made a total reversal of the GOP's policies in regard to Russia, and that Trump had been in contact with the Putin during his campaign against Clinton and saw Putin as his benefactor, I don't buy that he would have taken a hard stance against Russia.

Not at all. While many see Bolton as a bloodthirsty warmonger - and he probably is - he's still at least very honest, and so I believe him.
The GOP party platform had been Anti-Russian till Trump demanded it be changed when he ran against Clinton. That is verifiable. https://www.npr.org/2017/12/04/56831079 ... ne-support
Trump in fact had opened the White House up to Russian intelligence. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/19/us/p ... cfaul.html
Trump sees Putin as his benefactor, as proof from his actions. https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... -rcna17565

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 3:44 am

magz wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
magz wrote:
If I was the POTUS, I would kill Putin with my super secret orbital laser.

Wow. Do you know how easy it is to say it? :mrgreen:
Wouldn't you have be like Putin to have one of those in the first place?
No, but I would have to be like Putin to keep saying absurd lies with serious face.

Got it. missed that the first time around needless to say.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 4:23 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Trump is saying whatever he thinks gives him good PR. And lots of attention, which he's always mighty successful in achieving.

Yep, Trump is desperate to make this war all about him.

Just like Elon Musk tried with his stupid challenge to Putin.

Now Elon is buying Twitter, supposedly on "freedom of speech" grounds. In practice this seems to mean freedom of speech provided your thoughts align with those of Elon Musk, particularly if you're a Tesla employee. So the orange foghorn will soon be back spreading fabricated, self-obsessed BS about anything and everything, including Putin and Ukraine. Oh and how amazing egotistical, tax-avoiding, spoilt rich kids like Elon Musk are.

It's almost like there's a pattern to the type of people Trump admires - I can't quite put my finger on it though.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 6:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Not at all. While many see Bolton as a bloodthirsty warmonger - and he probably is - he's still at least very honest, and so I believe him.
The GOP party platform had been Anti-Russian till Trump demanded it be changed when he ran against Clinton. That is verifiable. https://www.npr.org/2017/12/04/56831079 ... ne-support
Trump in fact had opened the White House up to Russian intelligence. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/19/us/p ... cfaul.html
Trump sees Putin as his benefactor, as proof from his actions. https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... -rcna17565

You respect Bolton when he says something you agree with. :wink:

As I said.
Unrealised speculation.
Let us agree to disagree. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 6:47 am

Redd_Kross wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Yep, Trump is desperate to make this war all about him.

Just like Elon Musk tried with his stupid challenge to Putin.

Now Elon is buying Twitter, supposedly on "freedom of speech" grounds. In practice this seems to mean freedom of speech provided your thoughts align with those of Elon Musk, particularly if you're a Tesla employee. So the orange foghorn will soon be back spreading fabricated, self-obsessed BS about anything and everything, including Putin and Ukraine. Oh and how amazing egotistical, tax-avoiding, spoilt rich kids like Elon Musk are.

It's almost like there's a pattern to the type of people Trump admires - I can't quite put my finger on it though.

Speculation.
Time will tell if your *belief* is correct.

Even if it does eventuate, it can't be worse than it is/was, right? ;)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 6:50 am

I'm currently watching Pierce Morgan's interview with Trump.
Very interesting. :thumright:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Apr 2022, 7:24 am

I have very mixed feelings on Elon - I hated his reaction to covid, I like his space rockets, he often behaves like a spoiled child and stupid celebrity but his starlinks donated to Ukraine make an important job for the right cause. Genuinely mixed feelings.
On the planned aquisition of t***ter, I don't like it. He's probably yet to learn all the problems that need adresssing in social media so they don't turn toxic. It's not something one can solve with better engineering.

One should understand their regions of competence and incompetence...

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 7:29 am

The reason why Tw!tter is censored is because of the word "tw!t," which is a nasty word for a woman, especially in the UK.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 7:31 am

I don't like it when one person has a monopoly over something like Tw!tter. There is potential for considerable abuse of free speech.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

26 Apr 2022, 7:42 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The reason why Tw!tter is censored is because of the word "tw!t," which is a nasty word for a woman, especially in the UK.
That was a voluntary censor - no form of the word is auto-censored here.
Aside from the vulgar meaning referring to a woman's genitals, in the UK it more generally means "a stupid or obnoxious person".

The dual aspect of this word reminds me of "fanny", which in the UK has exactly the same vulgar meaning - but in the USA it's simply someone's rear end.

An aside: it was also used by one David Cameron, ex-UK PM, on a radio broadcast:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... io-twitter

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 7:58 am

I know, both in the US and the UK, that "twat" is a vulgar term for a lady's private parts.

Donald Trump really has no idea about the concept that "hindsight is always 20/20."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 8:41 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You respect Bolton when he says something you agree with. :wink:

As I said.
Unrealised speculation.
Let us agree to disagree. 8)

I don't like Bolton's ugly American foreign policy during the Bush years, but I've always respected him for his straight forward honesty. And honesty is a trait Trump's never had.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 8:49 am

Cornflake wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Aside from the vulgar meaning referring to a woman's genitals, in the UK it more generally means "a stupid or obnoxious person". . .
Actually, replacing the vowel with an 'a' yields the vulgar American form.  Otherwise, a 'twit' (n) is merely a foolish or ignorant person, and to 'twitter' (v) is to utter a rapid succession of chirping noises.