Would having a child make me happier ?

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Apr 2022, 6:39 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Wow, I feel like a party pooper lately. I'm just being totally honest about the realities of parenting, and the commitments involved. I love being a mother and wouldn't trade it for the world, but it's the most demanding job in the world, whether that be for men or women, alone or in partnerships.
I'm kinda a misanthropic pessimist lately so I won't fault you :wink: Your experience & perspective is very relevant here. Having children is NOT a decision to be taken lightly & it's impossible for potential parents to fully grasp what they're in for even if they have experience working with kids or already have kids. I'm sure it can majorly help if parents have a good support system during difficult times or situations.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 6:54 pm

nick007 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Wow, I feel like a party pooper lately. I'm just being totally honest about the realities of parenting, and the commitments involved. I love being a mother and wouldn't trade it for the world, but it's the most demanding job in the world, whether that be for men or women, alone or in partnerships.
I'm kinda a misanthropic pessimist lately so I won't fault you :wink: Your experience & perspective is very relevant here. Having children is NOT a decision to be taken lightly & it's impossible for potential parents to fully grasp what they're in for even if they have experience working with kids or already have kids. I'm sure it can majorly help if parents have a good support system during difficult times or situations.

I forgot to add that my brother adopted a son and raised him as a single father. I've seen single fathers be just as committed to their children as single mothers, so I hope it doesn't sound like I had a gender bias against my ex. There are lots of wonderful single fathers, but the journey is just as hard if they want to do it right.