Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 9:45 am

As part of my daily routine I go for long walks. I like walking through my local town and on my route I pass by a few schools with absolutely no evil intentions of course.

Can some people jump to all kinds of conclusions assumptions if they see a grown man walking around like a zombie during the day. Pedophile comes to mind :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 9:49 am

Of course people jump to conclusions!

A grown man walking like a zombie near a school every day would naturally raise suspicions.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 9:54 am

Fnord wrote:
Of course people jump to conclusions!

A grown man walking like a zombie near a school every day would naturally raise suspicions.

s**t didn't realise that. I lack so much common sense.

Also when I say walking near a school I mean walking past it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 10:15 am

As long as you don't go into the schoolyard, or constantly circle the school, you're probably all right. Perhaps it just so happens that a school is in your path; you can't help that.

I'm thinking: maybe you should pick up a hobby or get a job. I was sort of into "wandering" when I was a teenager---but I realized pretty quickly that I would be bored of this lifestyle.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 10:19 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
As long as you don't go into the schoolyard, or constantly circle the school, you're probably all right. Perhaps it just so happens that a school is in your path; you can't help that.

i'm thinking: maybe you should pick up a hobby or get a job. I was sort of into "wandering" when I was a teenager---but I realized pretty quickly that I would be bored of this lifestyle.

I remember a few years I sat down and had something to eat next to a child playground in a park and the adults gave me suspicious looks. From what I remember I think the playground was empty.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 10:36 am

People are very conscious of pedophiles because pedophiles have a tendency to kidnap, abuse, and kill children. Of course, not all pedophiles do this----but too many of them do this.

This is why there are always signs in parks these days stating, explicitly, that no adults are allowed in the park unaccompanied by a child.

I enjoy watching children play----and am fascinated by how they interact. I'm fascinated because I didn't interact with others until I was around 5 years old.

I am sure there are many persons who enjoy watching children play because they like seeing people have fun----and not have any sexual or evil intentions.

Still, though, I wouldn't hang out near a place where children are playing if you are a stranger adult. There's too many children being kidnapped, abused, and murdered, and for this reason, people are sometimes overzealous when it comes to assumptions about those who watch children play.

Just "err" on the side of caution in this case.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 10:41 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
This is why there are always signs in parks these days stating, explicitly, that no adults are allowed in the park unaccompanied by a child.

I hope this is a joke. Adults can't walk through parks? Where are they supposed to walk?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 10:45 am

They can walk through parks, certainly. I meant, more, private playgrounds which are obviously for children, and have swings and slides and such. I should have been more specific.

They can't remain in them with children around if they are not accompanied by a child.

I should have said that public parks don't have this----but certain private parks do.

In my complex, I cannot hang out in a little park reserved for children unaccompanied by a child. A sign explicitly says this.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 10:51 am

Only if you skulk about near a school. Walking by a school every day shouldn't be a crime. I mean, how do they know you're not on your way to work or something? It's a free country after all. It's discrimination to just accuse men of being a paedophile just for walking past schools every day that happen to be on your walking route. What's this world coming to? Not every man is Jimmy Saville.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 11:03 am

I’m not one of those overzealous people, by the way.

I understand very well that people frequently just like to watch children play, and have no bad intentions at all.

It makes people happy to see other people happy.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 11:07 am

Joe90 wrote:
Only if you skulk about near a school. Walking by a school every day shouldn't be a crime. I mean, how do they know you're not on your way to work or something? It's a free country after all. It's discrimination to just accuse men of being a paedophile just for walking past schools every day that happen to be on your walking route. What's this world coming to? Not every man is Jimmy Saville.
When mere suspicion is enough justification for cops to shoot unarmed people in the back, the sight of a 'weird' man walking past a school every day is enough to put that man's life in danger.  Common sense says that you cannot change other people's attitudes -- you can only change your own behavior.  Jamesy would be better off to avoid the school entirely, whether or not classes are in session.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 11:15 am

What if walking past a school is unavoidable? The schools where I live are near public sidewalks in normal streets, loads of guys walk past them every day.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 11:20 am

Fnord wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
When mere suspicion is enough justification for cops to shoot unarmed people in the back, the sight of a 'weird' man walking past a school every day is enough to put that man's life in danger.  Common sense says that you cannot change other people's attitudes -- you can only change your own behavior.  Jamesy would be better off to avoid the school entirely, whether or not classes are in session.

I am not weird either by the way. You know nothing about me.

Last edited by Jamesy on 26 Apr 2022, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 11:21 am

I used to have to pass a high school every day to get to my subway stop.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 11:23 am

You just like bars too much :)

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 11:24 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
You just like bars too much :)

At the moment I want to cut down on going to bars but my parents still insist I go to them.