Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 7:51 pm

I'm feeling sort of lonely at the moment.

I'm just curious: Am I a "thread killer"?

I sometimes get responses to what I post; but many times, I don't.

Note: it is probable that I'm just cogitating over nothing!

Sometimes, I just feel sorry for myself.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 8:08 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm feeling sort of lonely at the moment.

I'm just curious: Am I a "thread killer"?

I sometimes get responses to what I post; but many times, I don't.

Note: it is probable that I'm just cogitating over nothing!

Sometimes, I just feel sorry for myself.

I have no desire to add a post to your thread.
D'oh! I just did! :wall: :mrgreen:

I'm surprised you are even concerned about it, meaning I haven't seen any sign of you being a thread killer.

BTW. Déjà vu. 8O

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 8:14 pm

It's all cool 8)

Why Deja vu?

I was serious when I started the thread. I wasn’t kidding.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 10:42 pm

Probably referring to another recent thread about thread-killers.

We, you and I, talked about this a long time ago. Now if I could just remember what we said. :D :D :D

I’m sorry you’re feeling lonely. But it’s unlikely that WP has turned against you. There is a different tone here than a few years ago when all the drama was occurring. And before the drama.

Or maybe I just hang out in different places now.

Each time my heart is broken it opens wider and holds more.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 10:51 pm

Thanks, Blazing.

I know WP hasn’t turned against me.

But I seem frequently to be the last person who posts in threads.

And I had a gnawing lonely feeling earlier tonight—but it’s gotten better.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 11:36 pm

I don't think so. I think you're just noticing more when you're the last poster in a thread that trails off.. and it likely happens more often than it used to simply because there's less traffic and fewer posts here today than there were a few years ago. Seems to me that a lot of Americans left a couple years back when moderators moderated their.. undesirable political commentary that broke forum, and basic decency, rules.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 12:01 am

Guilty as charged! :evil:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 12:21 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's all cool 8)

Why Deja vu?

I was serious when I started the thread. I wasn’t kidding.

Someone else made a "Thread Killer" post, recently. :skull:

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 12:23 am

goldfish21 wrote:
I don't think so. I think you're just noticing more when you're the last poster in a thread that trails off.. and it likely happens more often than it used to simply because there's less traffic and fewer posts here today than there were a few years ago. Seems to me that a lot of Americans left a couple years back when moderators moderated their.. undesirable political commentary that broke forum, and basic decency, rules.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And one more thing,

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 7:28 am

I always thought you ended my threads by giving such good practical advice that me or no one bothered to comment. Seriously. I’m not being sarcastic. I think it’s a positive reason you kill those threads. You make too much sense. Lol

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 7:30 am

That's sweet, Sarah.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

I think you try hard, and deserve a better life.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 8:07 am

Thanks. Lol I would have let it end there because it would be the perfect ending, but let’s see if I can end the thread. :lol: :heart:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 8:31 am

While you are not necessarily a thread killer, I have noticed that many of your posts seem to have only a peripheral or tangential connection with the subject of a thread, which then derails or diverts onto another topic.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 10:07 am

goldfish21 wrote:

I agree. I don't think it's anything about you in particular

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 2:31 pm

Absolutely not, Sir Kraftie Kortie!

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 3:45 pm

I would say most threads start with a statement or question...then the next posts are in response to that. Rarely does someone respond to another person who didnt start the thread.