Moods / reactions / feelings when diagnosed?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 4:30 pm

Well, the tangible benefits may be few, but I hope you can at least wander cyber-space.

Anomaly_76
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Apr 2022, 5:40 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Well, the tangible benefits may be few, but I hope you can at least wander cyber-space.

I've found that only lasts until someone decides to take issue with something you've said and make a federal case of it until you're banned from the medium in question. Hopefully this place is different.

I think finding a significant other (with / without similar issues) that actually understands and sees me as an equal and not a conquest would help a lot. There's nothing wrong with being alone if you can't find someone worthwhile, but life seems a bit more bearable when you have someone to share it with. And maybe in time, this post-diagnosis storm in my mind will calm and the clouds will part to reveal such a person.

Just how the hell am I supposed to know WHICH age to act, anyway? :lol:

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 6:32 pm

Not much in reality. I've got more bothersome stuff and it was an incidental discovery, picked up during evaluation for said stuff. I never really spoke of other things with me, because you know, guarded, but Autism isn't too much of a bother with me overall and I was doing alright when I "just" had it. It explains some of those oddities about me. Asocial, the ability to intensely focus on one thing at the expense of being overwhelmed by many things, the sensory sensitivities, the problems with spoken and written language, and so on, but as above, I was getting by. High functioning after a brief period of moderate when very young.

Maybe if I wanted to socialize like normal people, go to nightclubs or something, I might be bothered, but I don't so...yeah.