Page 7 of 7 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

lindarthebard
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 19

06 Aug 2007, 9:45 am

Okay, again I'm going to say this:

You're acting like a child. Every single post you've put up after the first one has been a very angry one.
Every single one of your opinions sound angry and contrary for the sake of being contrary.
I assume that you don't believe we've landed on the moon, there is no Osama Bin Laden (it's a government ploy to distract the public, because who actually goes to Afganistan, right?), 9/11 was a government conspiracy to control its citizens, we regularly interact with beings from other planets and the government covers it up with some sort of MIB security, blah blah blah.


It seems all of your opinions are contrary for the sake of being contrary, and that you believe them because you think it makes you cool.

I'm not saying this is what you think, I'm simply stating that it's how you project yourself. Take the edge off, please.
In fact, some people have paid you compliments for the few valid points you made without sounding entirely enraged, myself included.
Take the anger nob and turn it down from 11 to about 3, okay?

I would just like to remind everybody of Godwin's Law in the event that our beloved snake decides to take that step as he seems so likely to do.



Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2006
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,770
Location: Dallas, Texas

06 Aug 2007, 10:45 am

Maybe we should just answer the initial question: "How many free thinkers are here?" I'll to go with: 12. Ya, it's a random number. Any other guesses?


_________________
Christianity is different than Judaism only in people's minds -- not in the Bible.


Jimbogf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 553

06 Aug 2007, 7:44 pm

snake321 wrote:
It's not as hard as it sounds, before all this 9/11 crap people actually had a universal common sense morality that understood screwing people over was wrong. Because people weren't so lazy about challenging their impulses, and didn't use human nature as an excuse or a crutch. Did people get out of line sometimes? Yes, but in general people were more able to put their animal in check long enough to make rational decisions and were better able to compromise. Of coarse your not gonna become some perfect superhuman, but hell it's not impossible to ask oneself why they think or feel the way they do about things.
So your an admitted hypocrite, and rather than try to improve you use it as a crutch to lean on in order to keep acting that way. This is why nothing you say will hold any validity debating anymore because you can say "oh so and so shouldn't do this or that" but then you go out an do whatever your accusing whoever of doing.
I am angry to a large degree because I live in a society where 95% of the people are sociopaths and don't even try to improve. It's not beyond our capabilities to challenge some of these things, this liberal/conservative mentality wasn't around before 9/11. Now days America has became a highschool, clique-ish nation where someone identifies with one view from a party, and then blindly follows everything else that party believes without question and gets defensive whenever someone speaks the unbiased truth. Sociopathy isn't normal because 95% of society says it is, this type of mentality is dangerous.


I still believe people go too far with their impulses, anger, arrogance, over emotional, selfish etc. Lack of self control is a problem (including myself). What AG convinced me of is that it is impossible to suppress all our urges, if we somehow did, we would be nothing, emotion-less robots, no life. The more we try to suppress our nature, the more likely our nature will manifest itself in other ways... often without realizing consciously.

So like it or not about how the state of the world is, it is human nature and will continue like this, maybe in the far future humanity will learn, but right now it doesn't seem plausible. I'm actually starting to believe that all the problems we are having with the world, will just come and go and society will continue and improve. Humanity will fix itself, it is in our nature to improve ourselves. People have screamed "it is the end of the world ahh!!" many times in history, but we are still here alive and kickin'.

I think it is important to be honest about myself, I'm a hypocritical arrogant cynic. I'm not happy about it and it just pisses people off and it is hard to control , at least I'm trying (even though Im not very good at it). I'm not using it as a crutch to make an excuse to be like this, if anything if I keep that thought in my mind it will make me more aware of my arrogance surfacing so maybe then I can grasp a little bit of control. I'm just trying to control the negative parts about me, It would be pointless to try to control every urge. If you want to use that against me, oh well.

Another thing, being angry at others and showing it will just cause others to try and defend themselves, either by ignoring you or flaming you. In effect your points will be lost. It is human nature to do so.

Anyways, I know nothing.



snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,250

06 Aug 2007, 8:34 pm

lindarthebard wrote:
Okay, again I'm going to say this:

You're acting like a child. Every single post you've put up after the first one has been a very angry one.
Every single one of your opinions sound angry and contrary for the sake of being contrary.
I assume that you don't believe we've landed on the moon, there is no Osama Bin Laden (it's a government ploy to distract the public, because who actually goes to Afganistan, right?), 9/11 was a government conspiracy to control its citizens, we regularly interact with beings from other planets and the government covers it up with some sort of MIB security, blah blah blah.


It seems all of your opinions are contrary for the sake of being contrary, and that you believe them because you think it makes you cool.

I'm not saying this is what you think, I'm simply stating that it's how you project yourself. Take the edge off, please.
In fact, some people have paid you compliments for the few valid points you made without sounding entirely enraged, myself included.
Take the anger nob and turn it down from 11 to about 3, okay?

I would just like to remind everybody of Godwin's Law in the event that our beloved snake decides to take that step as he seems so likely to do.


I don't believe in EVERY conspiracy, men did land on the moon (no conspiracy there), and it is **possible** that vatican leaders have had contact with aliens, but 9/11 WAS a conspiracy, it did several things for a police state agenda. It 1. Re-established blind faith in a system gone bad, 2. Built Bush up as wartime president, 3. Gave us an reason to highten security (including the Patriot Act and many surveilance tools on our society). Now lets not forget stealing the election, allowing Big Oil representatives to refuse to swear into their oaths on senate hearings which means they could have lied about anything, lets also not forget Bush blocking the investigation into 9/11. He tallies to rednecks with a "this is god's country" mentality, fanatic christian activists who are trying to push America into a theocracy by supporting laws and policies based around their personal beliefs. The writing is on the wall here.
I'm not flaming anyone (except 1 person), I'm just stating my point of view here. Yeah I flamed AG, I don't apologize for that because honestly I can't stand AG. I also have a difficult time with ignorant people who believe that religious bias should rule this nation with an iron fist and hypocritical "morality", although I am not accusing you without knowing you better gwenevyn, as you may not be one of those types. I was alittle suspect at first but I'll give anyone a fair chance to get along, you might be a cool person for all I know..... I just can't deal with ignorance though. I'm not trying to flame anyone (other than AG).

I also wouldn't be surprised if the CIA was hiding BinLaden, it is no secret that the Bush and BinLaden families, as well as the Bush and royal saudi's, all go way back in the oil business and have been longtime allies.
Iraq was just finnishing his daddy's work and an oil grab for money. Possibly a practice ground for our politicians on what they wish to accomplish here, possibly by 2013.



Last edited by snake321 on 06 Aug 2007, 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,250

06 Aug 2007, 8:35 pm

Jimbogf wrote:
snake321 wrote:
It's not as hard as it sounds, before all this 9/11 crap people actually had a universal common sense morality that understood screwing people over was wrong. Because people weren't so lazy about challenging their impulses, and didn't use human nature as an excuse or a crutch. Did people get out of line sometimes? Yes, but in general people were more able to put their animal in check long enough to make rational decisions and were better able to compromise. Of coarse your not gonna become some perfect superhuman, but hell it's not impossible to ask oneself why they think or feel the way they do about things.
So your an admitted hypocrite, and rather than try to improve you use it as a crutch to lean on in order to keep acting that way. This is why nothing you say will hold any validity debating anymore because you can say "oh so and so shouldn't do this or that" but then you go out an do whatever your accusing whoever of doing.
I am angry to a large degree because I live in a society where 95% of the people are sociopaths and don't even try to improve. It's not beyond our capabilities to challenge some of these things, this liberal/conservative mentality wasn't around before 9/11. Now days America has became a highschool, clique-ish nation where someone identifies with one view from a party, and then blindly follows everything else that party believes without question and gets defensive whenever someone speaks the unbiased truth. Sociopathy isn't normal because 95% of society says it is, this type of mentality is dangerous.


I still believe people go too far with their impulses, anger, arrogance, over emotional, selfish etc. Lack of self control is a problem (including myself). What AG convinced me of is that it is impossible to suppress all our urges, if we somehow did, we would be nothing, emotion-less robots, no life. The more we try to suppress our nature, the more likely our nature will manifest itself in other ways... often without realizing consciously.

So like it or not about how the state of the world is, it is human nature and will continue like this, maybe in the far future humanity will learn, but right now it doesn't seem plausible. I'm actually starting to believe that all the problems we are having with the world, will just come and go and society will continue and improve. Humanity will fix itself, it is in our nature to improve ourselves. People have screamed "it is the end of the world ahh!!" many times in history, but we are still here alive and kickin'.

I think it is important to be honest about myself, I'm a hypocritical arrogant cynic. I'm not happy about it and it just pisses people off and it is hard to control , at least I'm trying (even though Im not very good at it). I'm not using it as a crutch to make an excuse to be like this, if anything if I keep that thought in my mind it will make me more aware of my arrogance surfacing so maybe then I can grasp a little bit of control. I'm just trying to control the negative parts about me, It would be pointless to try to control every urge. If you want to use that against me, oh well.

Another thing, being angry at others and showing it will just cause others to try and defend themselves, either by ignoring you or flaming you. In effect your points will be lost. It is human nature to do so.

Anyways, I know nothing.


I misunderstood you, so I apologize.



snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,250

06 Aug 2007, 8:42 pm

I also wouldn't be surprised if the CIA was hiding BinLaden, it is no secret that the Bush and BinLaden families, as well as the Bush and royal saudi's, all go way back in the oil business and have been longtime allies.
Iraq was just finnishing his daddy's work and an oil grab for money. Possibly a practice ground for our politicians on what they wish to accomplish here, possibly by 2013.



snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,250

06 Aug 2007, 8:46 pm

Oh crap it did post it lol, I reposted my last message because I didn't think it got through. Apparently it added it to the other reply post about the conspiracy. I'm not paranoid though, because I don't fear it. I've known about stuff like this since Clinton's days.



Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2005
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,684
Location: Townsville

11 Aug 2007, 9:52 am

Oh come on! 9/11 conspiracy? Hardly likely.


_________________
Break out you Western girls,
Someday soon you're gonna rule the world.
Break out you Western girls,
Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon


richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,103
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

12 Aug 2007, 2:28 am

i would consider myself open minded to just about anything :)


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


jfrmeister
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 10 Aug 2007
Age: 49
Gender: Male
Posts: 447
Location: #2309 WP'er

12 Aug 2007, 2:37 am

Pandora wrote:
Oh come on! 9/11 conspiracy? Hardly likely.


snake321's tin-foil hat must've fallen off. His posts are usually on the edge of inteligibility.



Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Age: 131
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,838
Location: Mount Herculaneum/England

12 Aug 2007, 5:59 am

snake321 wrote:
let me give you my interpretation of a free thinker
1. Does not follow organized religion Some do, religion is a moral choice. What's not free thought is being abusive and intolerant about religion or religious issues from either party.
2. Does not blindly agree with the party line (liberal or conservative), but actually questions everything logically from both sides. In other words, no liberals or conservatives, or any political orientation. You don't follow PEOPLE, you follow LOGIC. People can side with such political parties, and influence them. Logical thought according to ones' views is free thought, though.
3. Does not blindly follow social norms, and questions even the most unanimously held beliefs among our society according to decency and morality. Hmm, such as not killing someone?
4. Does not let blind emotions get in the way of making rational, unbiased decisions. Logic is your referee between emotions and calling things straight down the middle (including straight down the middle for heterosexual white males, which isn't "politically correct", but also for all others of any race, gender, creed, sexual orientation, nationality, political orientation, etc).
Emotions are human, and are not to be ignored in the long run. It's what makes people human beings, to a certain extent. They must not get in the way when things really need to be done, however, and feeling for subhuman criminals is wrong.
I'm looking for REAL free thinkers, people who don't label themselves ideologically as anything. People with the ability to question and analyze anything and everything to the bare essentials (common since). I am curious how many on here fall into this category right now.


I think you need to redefine "free thought", because your idea of it is flawed.


_________________
Lalalalai.... I'll cut you up!


snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,250

12 Aug 2007, 7:46 pm

Well most people would refuse to believe it if UN blue helmets carrying machine guns stepped out of tanks and abducted you from your homes in the middle of the night. You don't see it because you don't WANT to see it, some how you think your so special that the universe is gonna stop for you. It didn't stop for the thousands living in Germany, Russia, China, Cuba, Iraq, or any of those other places though, and it happened the exact same way it's happening now.
If you'd try to remove these overly nationalistic overtones that propaganda has placed in your heads, and admit your not special, maybe you could see the truth.