Is it possible to "make friends" on this forum?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

geriatricmillenial85
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 May 2022, 2:45 pm

I'm open to learning about different people, cultures and the Autistic community on here. Obviously I'd want to share common interests and have some things in common besides having Asperger's. I'd love to learn more about someone on here, and if they're interested in learning about me. I do understand that female Aspies are different from male Aspies but still, I'm eager to learn. In real life I have a few very close friends and plenty of "work friends", plus customers I talk to, (I work at a store) so I do enjoy socialization with a lot of different people. So I guess it wouldn't hurt to meet new people on here and learn about someone else, besides the people I interact with IRL.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 7:20 pm

I don’t find female Aspies or autistic folks to be THAT much different than males.

I might be uninteresting to you—I’m from the exotic locale of Queens, NY.

I enjoy watching YouTube videos of daily life in places like Haiti and Ghana.

I’m a geriatric Baby Boomer :P

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 7:25 pm

It is possible to make friends here. Not counting my wife, I really only have one friend in the world, and it's someone I met through this site. We've never met IRL and probably never would due to distance, but I do count her as a friend.

geriatricmillenial85
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 May 2022, 8:57 pm

That's good to know. :D

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 9:43 pm

Quote:
Is it possible to "make friends" on this forum?

If you have progressive/left-wing political views, it will be easier to make friends on this website. 8)

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 10:46 pm

geriatricmillenial85 wrote:
I'm open to learning about different people, cultures and the Autistic community on here. Obviously I'd want to share common interests and have some things in common besides having Asperger's.

I would suggest that you edit your profile to add a signature line that mentions your other interests. Also, of course, if Wrong Planet happens to have any sub-forums in which it would be on-topic to talk about your interests, by all means do so.

I'd love to learn more about someone on here, and if they're interested in learning about me. I do understand that female Aspies are different from male Aspies but still, I'm eager to learn.

Autistic people are extremely varied, in general. Although some tendencies are more common in one sex/gender than the other, we don't fit neatly into boxes of "male autism" vs. "female autism." When you've met one autistic person, you've met one autistic person.

In real life I have a few very close friends and plenty of "work friends", plus customers I talk to, (I work at a store) so I do enjoy socialization with a lot of different people. So I guess it wouldn't hurt to meet new people on here and learn about someone else, besides the people I interact with IRL.

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2022, 5:40 am

I'm open to learning about different people, cultures and the Autistic community on here. Obviously I'd want to share common interests and have some things in common besides having Asperger's. I'd love to learn more about someone on here, and if they're interested in learning about me. I do understand that female Aspies are different from male Aspies but still, I'm eager to learn. In real life I have a few very close friends and plenty of "work friends", plus customers I talk to, (I work at a store) so I do enjoy socialization with a lot of different people. So I guess it wouldn't hurt to meet new people on here and learn about someone else, besides the people I interact with IRL.

There are great people here, but more than a few who like sharing d*** pics and who bring a lot of their personal baggage onto the site. It may help to proceed with optimism and caution.

Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2022, 6:05 am

I feel like most people here are actually pretty apolitical—-except on the News, PPR, and maybe the autism advocacy subforums.

And there are plenty of non-leftists here.

PenPen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 May 2022, 8:29 am

I wish there was a Friend-seeking forum on here. I'm looking for autistic friends too, but it is difficult figuring out how to get from point A to point B over this site.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 9:24 am

^If you participate in threads, you're more likely to make friends here.