Bug? Threads marked "Unread" (green) after I read them.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2022, 9:18 am

Is it a bug that some threads that I have already read are still marked green ("Unread posts")? It doesn't happen to all of the threads but some. It's inconvenient. Could someone fix it for me?

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2022, 1:28 pm

"Mark topics read" has never permanently worked for me either.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 8:09 pm

^Thanks for the response. At least now I know it's not just me.

But it seems that no one from this website's team is going to help me. I guess I can't expect quality from a website that is free, doesn't have a proper technical support team, and is kind of neglected. Still I'm surprised that a famous website like this is so sloppily run.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 May 2022, 5:41 am

Moderators and administrators have no access to the site's codebase, only Alex.

WP is not and never has been under active, ongoing development and pretty much uses an out-the-box installation of phpBB. The last and much needed upgrade of that to a newer version occurred in late 2014.
You're welcome to contact Alex, of course, but a small icon coloring anomaly is unlikely to be considered an issue requiring urgent attention.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 9:19 am

^Thanks for the response.

Your response confirms what I said in my previous post. It's not going to be fixed. It's really inconvenient and annoying. As some people say, Alex seems no longer interested in this website. I guess I cannot complain about how buggy a free website is. If you don't like it, you just stay away from it.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

05 May 2022, 10:19 am

:shrug: Sorry I don't have better news.