Black girls have a soft spot for me!

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 9:14 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
“Negro” was the “proper” term for a black person in the US up until about 1967. It usually applied to women, too.

Same with colored people. My grandparents used to call black people colored people.

I think it's only acceptable if its under the umbrella "People of colour" or PoC

JesussyFruit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 May 2022, 10:40 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Ironically (or maybe not so ironically :wink:), Anne Hathaway was Shakespeare’s wife.

“Negro” was the “proper” term for a black person in the US up until about 1967. It usually applied to women, too.

“Negro” is still proper in the Caribbean. It’s used for both men and women.

as an actually black woman do not EVER call us either of those words. (especial in the US)

munstead
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 12:00 am

As kraftie has posted, people are individuals and so some will some won't.

On the flip side, I (a man) happen to find many African and African-descended women extremely attractive.

JesussyFruit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 May 2022, 12:59 am

as a black woman...this whole thread needs to be deleted.

to the people being racist, hell is hot. Enjoy!
to the ignorant people who don't know any better, your 'curiosity' is just as bad.

black woman are not a monolith, as i suspect none of you are for your selected race.
if a black woman seems "aggressive" or doesn't play into "social politeness" enough for you, ask yourself why you want us too, then try again. every country in the world has a slur for black people, in countries we've never even been to. As women, we have been degraded, sexualized, and told we're unattractive from a young age. as black people we constantly have to prove our intelligence and worth. and its never enough. everyone in the world has their own idea of what a black woman is and isn't and they insist it upon us. so when non-black people (who don't have a single clue about what blackness really is ) approach us and say something rude with a couple of micro-aggressions thrown in they can find us "aggressive" but you'll find when you treat us with decency we are the kindest, because we often meet with the worst in people.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 1:29 am

JesussyFruit wrote:

to the ignorant people who don't know any better, your 'curiosity' is just as bad.

black woman are not a monolith, as i suspect none of you are for your selected race.
if a black woman seems "aggressive" or doesn't play into "social politeness" enough for you, ask yourself why you want us too, then try again. every country in the world has a slur for black people, in countries we've never even been to. As women, we have been degraded, sexualized, and told we're unattractive from a young age. as black people we constantly have to prove our intelligence and worth. and its never enough. everyone in the world has their own idea of what a black woman is and isn't and they insist it upon us. so when non-black people (who don't have a single clue about what blackness really is ) approach us and say something rude with a couple of micro-aggressions thrown in they can find us "aggressive" but you'll find when you treat us with decency we are the kindest, because we often meet with the worst in people.

I was at my local bar 6-7 years ago and this one guy said to me "go online you don't stand a chance".

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 2:04 am

Jamesy wrote:
JesussyFruit wrote:

I was at my local bar 6-7 years ago and this one guy said to me "go online you don't stand a chance".

Dude! you and ezbzbfcg2 should please read JesussyFruit's post. I agree with her that this thread is inviting inflammatory and hurtful views.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 4:26 am

cyberdad wrote:
Dude! you and ezbzbfcg2 should please read JesussyFruit's post. I agree with her that this thread is inviting inflammatory and hurtful views.

Now, hold on. I like to treat people as individuals, regardless of who/what they are. Ideally, I'd like to be treated the same. While I'm not pointing any fingers, it's possible to glean something from JesussyFruit's post.

She feels victimized. Perhaps rightfully so in some cases. But she, or some folks like her, may apply this victimization to people she perceives as her enemies. It's not simply whites who can be racist. It's not simply males who can be sexist. And since NTs can usually pick-up that something is "off" about an Aspie, it's possible some may "take revenge" against their archetypical aggressor who lacks any social clout. They know they can "get away" with it.

What I'm getting at is that some NT Negresses may indeed go after a well-meaning white male Aspie because they fit the description of her "bad guy," doesn't have any social standing (so she knows no one will stick up for him socially), and she has been taught to hate him. Socially, as an NT, she can pick up on his social vulnerabilities.

JesussyFruit's post show her indoctrination. An Australian with a sister who worked in Atlanta is clueless. My social naivety as an Aspies made me oblivious of the sad realities of this world when I was younger.

Yes, an individual Negress can be just as guilty of racism and sexism as an individual white male. Human beings really are all the same when we get down to the nitty-gritty.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

06 May 2022, 4:32 am

! Cornflake wrote:
Thread locked.

Jamesy, this is far too generalised and as JesussyFruit eloquently points out, it's demeaning both to women generally and black women specifically.

Neither category is some sort of exotic species to be judged or graded.

It's also encouraging some dubious and divisive commentary from others.