Your Favorite "Star Trek" Episode? Which one resonates?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 2:27 pm

DeepHour wrote:
There was one episode of the original series in which a woman working at a research station is killed by a 'salt monster', which takes on her appearance and starts murdering people in its quest for salt (which it needs to survive). It's not a particularly great or thought-provoking plot, but for some reason it has always 'resonated' with me, particularly the dramatic ending, which I found mildly disconcerting.
"The Man Trap"

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 2:28 pm

I believe this was either the first episode after the pilot episode----or the pilot episode itself.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 2:29 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Probably the one where there was a civilization with people who had black and white faces. If the black was in one side, the person was a member of the "oppressor" group; if the black was on the other side to the first person, that person was a member of the "oppressed" group. This is from the "original series."
"Let That Be Your Last Battlefield"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 2:31 pm

The list of Star Trek original series' episodes can be found  HERE 

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 3:15 pm

DeepHour wrote:
There was one episode of the original series in which a woman working at a research station is killed by a 'salt monster', which takes on her appearance and starts murdering people in its quest for salt (which it needs to survive). It's not a particularly great or thought-provoking plot, but for some reason it has always 'resonated' with me, particularly the dramatic ending, which I found mildly disconcerting.

Kirk gets the universal translator out:

Kirk to salt monster : you could've just gone to the shops.
Salt monster:oh.....soz....I've just killed 15 people btw

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 4:20 pm

Fenn wrote:
I liked the episode where Kirk and Spock went back in time and Spock had to “construct a mnemonic memory circuit using stone knifes and bear skins”.

This episode was:

The City on the Edge of Forever