Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2022, 4:43 pm

I think it brought on my schizophrenia. If I would have avoided it I’d still be safe at home with my mom, the biggest loser ever mind you but now I’m a worse loser dying in bed my mental illness is so bad. I over react to everything and go psychotic at the drop of a hat. I won’t live long but at least I made it this far. Wish I could have done better and found my way in life somehow without drug use. Psychedelics seem to help most people but in others they bring out psychosis. I’m not doing them anymore. They don’t seem to be helping me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2022, 5:22 pm

I'm trying to understand why you don't believe you will live long.

It's not that I don't believe you---but I'm thinking you should really go to a good doctor. Get on a waiting list for a good doctor, if need be.

I wish there was a way someone could really help you get out of the sadness that you are in now.

I can sense how frustrating things are for you now.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2022, 5:30 pm

I just read this article

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20354443

If you can find support and treatment there is nothing about schizophrenia that is deadly - except suicide - but if you are in a hospital bed there is good reason to believe you will get better - or at least make progress in a positive direction.

The article does mention some drugs as triggering schizophrenia - so you may be right about that. I applaud you for wanting to quit drugs. The article also says the cause is not completely understood. I guess there is no way to know for sure.

I am glad you decided to post here!

ThisTimelessMoment
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2022, 10:32 pm

Psychedelics can trigger schizophrenia in susceptible people. If there is schizophrenia in your family or you suffer from it then taking them is generally not a good idea.

If you are having a difficult experience or are still suffering the after effects of one, and need help with it, feel free to pm me. I have experience in dealing with such things and helping others in difficulty.

misha00
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 May 2022, 3:23 pm

Everyone says schizophrenia, when mostly it's psychosis.

Yes drug use can alter your brain chemistry permanently.

In fact, even alcohol does this (as does breathing, admittedly)

You might look into supplements for cognition. There are even some supplements used for psychosis.

I'm currently looking into Ayurvedic (Indian Traditional medicine).

It comes in various forms depending on practitioner, so it's a hard thing to evaluate.

Mindfulness helps some, as does yoga and meditation.

Not saying that's your thing, just throwing it out there...

BlossX
Toucan
Toucan

15 May 2022, 5:58 am

drugs are always bad, for the people you meet to buy them, the company which use them and the money you spend on them.

not to mention the toll it has on your mental health of course.

I understand when you mourn a loss or you have a very very sad period in your life you might fall for it, I don't want to judge someone else.

but if you are schizophrenic, it is not sure you will not live long.

John Nash (Nobel for economics) lived 86 years old with schizophrenia and he managed to win a nobel for his researches. Be hopeful and get well soon