Don't Put All of Your Faith in Your Peers

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

DesertWoman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 May 2022, 10:13 pm

Unfortunately we don't live in a fair and just society. Don't be too trusting. Don't come and go too much on social media. If you get the cold shoulder from someone you MUST leave them alone.
I did not do those things and I have been humiliated and manipulated.
You can be the most virtuous, well-meaning person and you'll still get messed with in this life. It happened to me.
Animals are good. Therapists and doctors you like are good. Family members can only handle so much.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 2:11 am

You're referring to what happened to you as a teacher?
Yeah can't trust many people, unfortunately

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 2:43 am

I think most of us aren't totally oblivious. We feel that SOMETHING is off with another person. But we don't know how to interpret it or go about handling it. I also think we may disregard our gut instincts. This is because so many hate us based upon a "gut instinct," that we don't want to behave the same. But, yes, when you get that feeling, oftentimes you're picking up on a person's ill will toward you, even if it's unfounded and not intellectually justified. I believe most Aspies actually try to give others the benefit of the doubt, since we ourselves so rarely get it. But when our senses are tingling, we're usually right.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 7:19 am

DesertWoman wrote:
Unfortunately we don't live in a fair and just society. Don't be too trusting. Don't come and go too much on social media. If you get the cold shoulder from someone you MUST leave them alone.
I did not do those things and I have been humiliated and manipulated.
You can be the most virtuous, well-meaning person and you'll still get messed with in this life. It happened to me.
Animals are good. Therapists and doctors you like are good. Family members can only handle so much.

I know what you mean because I ran into someone who I had not seen in three years on Sunday. I thought we were cool, however, I did something he didn’t like so he snubbed me by pretending he didn’t know me.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 6:05 pm

i already dont
i hate peers

all i want in my life is my husband and my son,maybe my mum in small doses

i dont care for friends i hate people and all their drama and emotions and all that

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 6:14 pm

I've been around people all my life.

I've been abused by people.

I've been misunderstood.

The Whole Nine Yards.

I don't put my "trust" in everybody-----but I do believe most people either are decent people, want to be decent people, or find it expedient to give off the impression that they are decent.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 1:10 pm

Except from my family and therapist i don't trust anyone. Even if you do your best to be kind and please everyone it never works out.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 4:58 pm

And I don’t trust therapists.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 1:14 pm

blazingstar wrote:
And I don’t trust therapists.

I am sorry you had a bad experience with them. Having a therapist helped me a lot with my mental illnesses.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2022, 6:36 pm

I think it's best to have a neutral attitude toward most people.

Don't trust them, but don't assume bad intentions either.

Be friendly and considerate, but take precautions to protect yourself, e.g. don't share personal information unnecessarily.

Love many, trust few.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2022, 10:12 pm

"Animals are good. Therapists and doctors you like are good. Family members can only handle so much."

humans are animals. (prototype, overgeneralization)

nobody is completely good or bad.

sometimes, what is "good" or "bad" is subjective. you can't measure quality or morality.

yes, "family members can only handle so much". however, everyone could only handle so much.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2022, 10:55 pm

Caz72 wrote:
i already dont
i hate peers

all i want in my life is my husband and my son,maybe my mum in small doses

i dont care for friends i hate people and all their drama and emotions and all that

I can relate to the mom thing, like as an adult not living with her she is tolerable in small doses. But even then at times she does remind me of why I hated her for a while and even considered just cutting her from my life.