Does your sense of test vary from day to day etc?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 2:59 am

Does your sense of taste vary from day to day, week to week etc. Sometimes more intense. Sometimes less intense.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 3:12 am

My taste for certain beers waxes and wanes. I don't know if it's my pallet or if the receipt for the beers in question has changed. Maybe I drink too much.

As a child, I loved broccoli and cauliflower. As an adult, I still like broccoli, but can't stand the taste of cauliflower. Supposedly, it's supposed to be reversed. The developing pallets of children may not like one/both of these vegetables, whereas their adult pallets can tolerate them. My childhood pallet liked both, my adult pallet can tolerate one, can't eat the other.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 9:50 am

Not your "preferences in food and drink", but your actual sense of taste?

If your sense of taste was stable all of your life, and then recently it changes back and forth in some way then (just a thought) maybe you have gotten the Covid bug. Any other symptoms you have I suppose could be mild or nonexistant -if you have gotten all of the shots. But I suppose it might still effect you in some odd way like that.

We have a whole other thread going about the topic of covid effecting your sense of taste.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 11:13 am

Yes, mostly because in certain parts of my year I have a lot more physical activity than during other parts of the year. More exercise makes me a lot hungrier, and -at least for me- hunger is the best spice.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 1:57 pm

^^
Thanks for your reply. Yes-actual sense of taste. This predates COVID. I wasn't aware of the other thread.

^ Thank you for your reply.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 6:28 am

A bit. Mostly based on my hunger and nutritional state. I've had a lot more changes to my tastes since I've gotten pregnant, because of hormones. However, even so, my basic likes and dislikes are generally consistent.