Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2022, 12:21 am

I have only 3 wisdom teeth and all of them are impacted. I am a relatively small person with an, unfortunately, equally proportioned jaw. My two lower ones have stopped at barely protruding through the gums, and the top one is sort of just chilling deep in my jaw (though probably still damaging the tooth next to it). I need them all removed, but I honestly refuse to do it without general anesthesia. No ones going to go cutting and drilling into my jaw to remove teeth while I'm conscious about it. 8O

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2022, 8:04 am

I was awake for mine because I have trust issues.I don’t want to be unconscious in a room with a stranger.
My son had all his removed with the gas, you have to get someone to drive you home because you are still loopy when you wake up.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Jun 2022, 2:05 pm

I remember my wisdom teeth pulled under local anaesthesia a few years ago. There was a noise like a busy furniture factory inside my head, with hammering and drilling but I felt nothing. I'd rather have been someplace else, but had to have it done as mine were also at strange geometric angles so would have been unwanted guests later in life.

It happened the same day my second niece was born!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 8:24 am

I'm realizing, more and more, than I'm lucky I never had wisdom teeth.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 8:29 am

I met my exbf because of my wisdom teeth being removed. I had just gone back to work and my face was all swollen and bruised yellow and green. My eyes were almost shut. My ex approached me thinking that I was beaten up and assumed it was domestic abuse. He asked if he could help. We're still friends 25 years later.

AedanKidd
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jul 2022, 5:07 am

Probably you shouldn't worry so much, because wisdom teeth are always much more problems than good, so it's probably even good that you have them just now.

jared11235
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2022, 6:03 pm

They pulled two of my wisdom teeth when I was young but never got around to pulling the others. A few months back my dentist said that they won't both pulling the last two at this point unless they start causing trouble. So I guess if you have your wisdom teeth and they don't hurt then don't worry about it.