Am I impatient to achieve something ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 12:44 pm

I do remember once buying a bass guitar to learn with and had lessons at school to play and at one point dreamt of being in a band. But I tried to learn some songs, one song I remember was Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams but I found it hard to catch up with the notes and after a while I stopped playing all together. Now I've been trying to write a book about any of my various topics I like reading about but it is frustrating for me because I still haven't actually written anything on paper accept on a document file online and all I do is think of ideas and put them on the document and maybe after a while of some research I might change ideas and think of something else. It frustrates me when I see artists, authors and bands who are probably my age or younger doing what they are doing and appear to be at the height and it leaves me thinking why I am not like them ? I don't know whether the reason for that is, is because I don't choose something I am most passionate about and focus on it and make a career out of that subject and that the reason those people are where they are is because they've chosen those careers because it is what they are more passionate about and make a living out of it. A part of me feels I want to see my book out in stores sooner rather later even though as I just mentioned I haven't written any contents or chapters yet.

theidealist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Jul 2022, 3:26 am

I don't know for certain if it's autism/attention deficit thing but I struggle with the same thing. I lack the patience it takes to finish things and progress.

I produce music and when I finish a project, I'm content that I've done a whole lot better than the last time, but when I upload it to soundcloud I listen to other tracks and realize I'm not that good after all. I used to read many books in my past - now I can't go through 5 pages... That itself is depressing. My peers are winning contests, bringing medals and trophies home and here I am - constantly stuck in one place.

I try to rationalize this and remember that majority of my other former classmates are drug addicts without a purpose.

Ikr this feelings can stop you from advancing. But the key to being spent at what you do is not comparing to others, really. After all, you're not them and you write your own story of life. Humans tend to stick to negative thoughts as it helped us avoid danger back when civilization didn't exist. Of course, there are a lot of successful people your age, but there are even way more of them that are failing.

Stick to your routine and do little by little everyday. Compare yourself only to your previous version and advance everyday. You don't have to be the expert on a subject or hobby you enjoy diving into.

Idk if you're still going to write that book since I saw this post today - however, please do it! At least try and don't give up.

EQ - 22.3
INTJ 1w9