Boyfriend and I broke up

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 1:18 pm

Hi:
As I talked about in another post, my boyfriend and I broke up and it was a mutual agreement for the following reasons

1. We both want different things in the relationship
2. Neither of us really have time for that level of a relationship

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 10:13 pm

Are you upset about it?

Brainiac42
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 11:36 pm

Sorry about the break up Summer. I know that even if it is necessary it often still hurts mentally.

Last edited by magz on 06 May 2022, 6:43 am, edited 3 times in total.: reference to a deleted post removed

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 6:34 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Are you upset about it?

I am heart broken but it was a one-sides relationship. He never bothered to invite me to have dinner with his friends or his family. He also never wanted to go out anywhere. Rather, he always wanted to hang out and watch movies. Finally, he seemed to want to be with me once a week

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 May 2022, 9:31 am

Well, it hurts, but the way you describe it, it was doomed to end.
Even poor relationship hurts when it falls apart.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 9:38 am

Was once a week too much or too little?

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 1:44 pm

I offered to go back to being friends but he just wanted to use me to do some things. I told him no and that I didn’t want either party to get hurt.

I just looked, he blocked me on FB so…

He didn’t really care about me to begin with

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 3:32 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
I offered to go back to being friends but he just wanted to use me to do some things. I told him no and that I didn’t want either party to get hurt.

Was he even really your boyfriend? idk I have had relationships where I thought the guy was my boyfriend but kind of ended up finding out I was just a hook up to them. I mean idk maybe they considered something more long term initially and changed their mind but either way I got the short end of the stick.

I guess I am trying to say I can sorta understand how you feel, its like being tossed out like a dirty pair of socks. it does kind of hurt but at the same time you are glad you don't have to waste energy on them anymore.

And idk how soon you had sex with him, but what worked wonders for me was insisting I needed to get to know them a little better before we do it. In my case I just did that once and the guy I said it to is still my boyfriend now...but had that not worked out I suspect I could have more easily weeded out guys who just wanted a hook up. I just regret not starting out doing that. But not sure if that is relevant to your situation.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 3:35 pm

Wow what a jerk. Best to strengthen up and get self confidence. Don’t let him get you down, you can do better.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 4:55 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

Was he even really your boyfriend? idk I have had relationships where I thought the guy was my boyfriend but kind of ended up finding out I was just a hook up to them. I mean idk maybe they considered something more long term initially and changed their mind but either way I got the short end of the stick.

I guess I am trying to say I can sorta understand how you feel, its like being tossed out like a dirty pair of socks. it does kind of hurt but at the same time you are glad you don't have to waste energy on them anymore.

And idk how soon you had sex with him, but what worked wonders for me was insisting I needed to get to know them a little better before we do it. In my case I just did that once and the guy I said it to is still my boyfriend now...but had that not worked out I suspect I could have more easily weeded out guys who just wanted a hook up. I just regret not starting out doing that. But not sure if that is relevant to your situation.

Update: I saw that he unblocked me again

No, never had sex but we just made out. However, he want to fool around with me but I said no.