SCOTUS Judges streets Doxxed, Google takes pages down

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 9:57 pm

Map Doxxing Supreme Court Justices Taken Down for Violating Google’s ‘Terms of Service’

Quote:
A map posted by the organization Ruth Sent Us that included the streets of multiple Supreme Court Justices ahead of a planned “walk by” protest has been taken down by Google due to violating their “terms of service and/or policies.”

The map, which has kicked up plenty of controversy, included the approximate locations of the homes of Supreme Court Justices Clarence Thomas, Amy Coney Barrett, Neil Gorsuch, Samuel Alito, Brett Kavanaugh, and John Roberts and came in response to the leaked draft opinion published by Politico this week suggesting Roe v. Wade could soon be overturned.

The map appears to have been locked by Google at approximately 5 p.m. EST on Friday. No exact addresses had been given on the initial map, but two did appear when users clicked on a directions icon that pops up after hovering over a specific judge’s name. It is unknown if the exact addresses were correct, but street numbers did appear to be given.

The group, Ruth Sent Us, had defended the apparent doxxing this week, saying they did not post exact addresses they were sure only to pin the streets they live on for the planned protest of the “extremist justices.”

When “informed” by Pluribus editor Jeryl Bier on Friday that exact addresses did in fact pop up, Ruth Sent Us provided no response, as of this writing.

I informed
@RuthSentUs
over an hour ago via DM that their map generates precise house number addresses for two Supreme Court Justices. The DM I sent is below with the names and address redacted for obvious reasons. I have not heard back and the map has not been changed.

Supreme Court justices get increased security after Roe v. Wade leak: "The risk is real"
Quote:
The Supreme Court is under lockdown with eight-foot fencing around the building, all entry points blocked to vehicles and more officers on patrol. It's a scene reminiscent of what Washington, D.C., looked like after the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

CBS News has learned the nine Supreme Court justices have been given extra security since general threats of violence against the justices have increased after a draft majority opinion suggesting the high court would overturn Roe v. Wade was leaked and published by Politico. The justices' home locations have been shared online and they're receiving more targeted personal phone threats.

Justice Samuel Alito, author of the draft majority opinion, canceled a scheduled appearance Thursday in Nashville, and the other justices are also cutting back on public events.

While protests have been mostly peaceful so far, there is growing concern about potential violence leading up to the official ruling. Crowds at the Supreme Court are expected to grow in the days and weeks ahead.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 06 May 2022, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 10:08 pm

Due to today's dismissal of Trump's case against Twitter, a precedent has been set such that the users of those Google accounts will have little to no success in suing Google for violating their "Freedom of Speech".

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 1:20 am

The American Taliban should never feel safe.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 8:46 am

funeralxempire wrote:

Sometimes people getting what they deserve and what is best for the country conflict. Right now we are in a cycle where people are one upping each other in norm breaking. Of course some norms are meant to be broken. Breaking the one that members of the judiciary and their families should feel secure starts us on the road to places like Central America where judges are regularly assassinated by drug cartels.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 9:31 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Sometimes people getting what they deserve and what is best for the country conflict. Right now we are in a cycle where people are one upping each other in norm breaking. Of course some norms are meant to be broken. Breaking the one that members of the judiciary and their families should feel secure starts us on the road to places like Central America where judges are regularly assassinated by drug cartels.

I'm not suggesting that direct action of that sort would be justifiable. That said, I'm not sure they should be able to steal a fundamental right from roughly half of the country without people getting angry enough for that to be a potential concern.

People are pissed because those monsters took an important right away and lied to get to the position they exploited to do so. If they're not disbarred and removed the institution they're a part of can no longer be respected and that's an ever worse scenario than what you propose.

The only way to actually maintain rule of law is to uphold it and disbar the ones who committed perjury when they went in front of Congress.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 11:53 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I'm not suggesting that direct action of that sort would be justifiable. That said, I'm not sure they should be able to steal a fundamental right from roughly half of the country without people getting angry enough for that to be a potential concern.

People are pissed because those monsters took an important right away and lied to get to the position they exploited to do so. If they're not disbarred and removed the institution they're a part of can no longer be respected and that's an ever worse scenario than what you propose.

The only way to actually maintain rule of law is to uphold it and disbar the ones who committed perjury when they went in front of Congress.

The thing is they did not have to lie the Republicans would have voted them in any way, with more discomfort, maybe.
Every politician that voted for them(and against them) did the exact same thing that they did to get their jobs.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 9:56 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

The thing is they did not have to lie the Republicans would have voted them in any way, with more discomfort, maybe.
Every politician that voted for them(and against them) did the exact same thing that they did to get their jobs.

They're not worthy of respect because of their perjury, they're not fit to serve and have destroyed the court's legitimacy in a way bullets never could. It's too late to avoid the outcome you're concerned about because it's already happened.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 12:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

They're not worthy of respect because of their perjury, they're not fit to serve and have destroyed the court's legitimacy in a way bullets never could. It's too late to avoid the outcome you're concerned about because it's already happened.

Politicians never were much respected for this, reason and SCOTUS is heading that way. While protest is expected, involving family members or neighbors who just by circumstance live next door, or people who have the misfortune of dining in the same restaurant at the same time as targets of protest hurts whatever cause one is protesting for.

Back in the 70s an actual Nazi war criminal lived in my neighborhood. The Jewish Defense League staged protests, stabbed an innocent person who worked in the house, the house was firebombed. People actually started feeling sorry for the “poor old” Nazi. Luckily I was away at school at the time but it was hell for my siblings.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 12:31 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Politicians never were much respected for this, reason and SCOTUS is heading that way. While protest is expected, involving family members or neighbors who just by circumstance live next door, or people who have the misfortune of dining in the same restaurant at the same time as targets of protest hurts whatever cause one is protesting for.

Back in the 70s an actual Nazi war criminal lived in my neighborhood. The Jewish Defense League staged protests, stabbed an innocent person who worked in the house, the house was firebombed. People actually started feeling sorry for the “poor old” Nazi. Luckily I was away at school at the time but it was hell for my siblings.

You still seem to be more focused on the reaction to the actions that caused the loss of legitimacy, rather than the loss of legitimacy itself.

You're talking like the option to preserve rule of law still exists despite the fact that this action indicates it already doesn't exist. If someone were to shoot Kavanaugh it would do less damage than he's already done. Him and his accomplices are the ones who likely irreparably damaged America and complaining about the reaction to their damage misses the point. Violence won't fix the problem but it can't actually make it worse. All use of force can do is hurry up the inevitable.

ISIS has already invaded, it's well past the point of only discussing how to engage in milquetoast protest against their actions when they're actively destroying civilization.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 2:07 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

You still seem to be more focused on the reaction to the actions that caused the loss of legitimacy, rather than the loss of legitimacy itself.

You're talking like the option to preserve rule of law still exists despite the fact that this action indicates it already doesn't exist. If someone were to shoot Kavanaugh it would do less damage than he's already done. Him and his accomplices are the ones who likely irreparably damaged America and complaining about the reaction to their damage misses the point. Violence won't fix the problem but it can't actually make it worse. All use of force can do is hurry up the inevitable.

ISIS has already invaded, it's well past the point of only discussing how to engage in milquetoast protest against their actions when they're actively destroying civilization.

Comparing SCOTUS judges to ISIS is hyperbole. Until they authorize public beheadings and massive destruction or would if they could the ISIS comparisons are getting into grooming accusation territory. Ruth Bader Ginsberg had qualms about the constitutionality of Roe V Wade.

There is a rule by law solution, the proposed bill in Congress to legalize the right to an abortion. While it is not logical the pro abortion choice cause should be affected by what people who are pro abortion choice think about other issues, or how they are perceived as people it does. These factors are more important then merit.

IMHO what is going on here is that the pro abortion choice people became complacent. Roe v. Wade was rule of law for almost half a century. Sure the anti choice people had their anniversary rallies, some assassinated doctors and bombed abortion clinics. All of it seemed pathetic and so routine as to be ignored. Thing is the anti choice side never became complacent. When that meant really religious people voting for the big time sinner they had no qualms about doing so, the ends justified the means. The rest of the country on both sides had moved on. Trump’s persona was the number one issue for the rest of the country.

The tendency when one realizes one has been complacent is to both panic and to try and make up all at once for the lost time one is partially responsible for. In other words overcorrection, Yours truly has been guilty of that more then I care to admit. Usually that results in bad choices.

I realize this is much easier said then done, draw down too much and get wiped out. What exactly is the limit to drawing down?. Is there any drawing down that will not result in unilaterally handing the other side victory?. What I do know if nobody gets off this cycle of escalation this will be an unbearable place to live, If you live at all.