Ohio bus driver broke autistic students finger

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 7:24 am

Olentangy bus driver allegedly broke students finger

Quote:
An Olentangy Schools bus driver was suspended without pay and faces criminal charges for allegedly breaking a student’s finger.

Joseph Carter, 50, of Lewis Center, was charged with felonious assault and endangering children over allegations that he broke the left index finger of a student with autism when the bus arrived at Olentangy Orange High School on Tuesday, according to court documents with the Delaware County Court of Common Pleas.

Deputies with the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office met with school administrators to review video footage of the incident, which reportedly shows Carter walking over to the victim, “grabbing his left hand with force causing the injury,” court records state.

Todd Workman, an attorney representing Carter, said in a statement that his client is not guilty, and he intends to “fight vigorously to clear his good name.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 10:39 pm

That monster of a bus driver should be locked up in jail with his two index fingers in a Chinese finger cuff.