Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2022, 2:58 am

Brictoria wrote:
munstead wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Awful day for free speech in the US. Can scarcely believe we have reached the stage where English libel law is less strict than that in the land of the free. Victims of abuse need to be able to say that they are victims of abuse without fear that they will be forced to pay millions to their abusers.

Let’s hope this gets overturned on appeal. It seems likely that the jury have been influenced by the misogynistic vitriol thrown at Hurd online. If the judgement stands then Americans will have effectively lost their free speech rights.

The vast majority consensus based on the evidence is that Heard was blatantly lying. The majority consensus is also that Heard's lying did harm to victims of abuse. Freedom of speech doesn't include being free to commit perjury without consequences.

Indeed. 8)

Ironic the poster is a moderator on here :lol: :lol: :lol:

You mean that a person who has the power to silence\curb another's speech is complaining about\protesting against restrictions on people having free speech :o

Say it isn't so...
Word of the day: Hypocrisy
Concept of the day: Double standards

Exactly :)

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

02 Jun 2022, 5:16 am

r00tb33r wrote:
I've said it before, to give even an illusion of neutrality mods need to log out and post opinions as a regular user account instead of flexing on us as mods.
When posting as a moderator I sometimes make use of the mod tags, which are provided by the forum software and accessible to moderators only, but (incredibly) as I've been accused of deliberately using that to somehow create a situation where a response is made more complicated because a responder is unable to give the same prominence without additional work, I tend to use it for thread-altering actions or thread changes.
Personally I think it's a bit "shouty" so for more run-of-the-mill moderator commentary I place this before the relevant text: [Moderator] which is considerably less shouty.
Moderators are also members and free to comment on threads like anyone else.

r00tb33r wrote:
I ask, is your opinion the official position of wrongplanet.net? (And everything that entails including being the authorized spokesperson by the site's owner.)
That's answered by the site's ToS, available at the foot of every page.

However:
 ! Cornflake wrote:
I'm not going to allow attacks and snide comments on moderators to continue here. As stated, we are members too and protected by the same site rules.

The trial has ended and the judgement is made.
Start a new thread to discuss that.