Page 1 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 5:18 am

Isabella demanded it.

And its good idea.

So here it is.

Your own forum to keep up on, and keep score in the Depp vs Heard defamation lawsuit .

Basically its Depp trying to prove Heard defamed him in a Washington Post op ed, and that that defamation cost him earnings in the movie industry. Its happening in the suburbs of DC not far from where I live actually.

Ive lost track a little bit, but...

At first Depp seemed to be winning (at least in the court of public opinion, if not with the jury) when he was on the stand. Heard's lawyers almost self destructed. But now Heard may have regained some lost ground by exposing some dirt on Depp.

Whats your take?

Feel free to share, and to dish any dirt you learn about. :D

Last edited by naturalplastic on 08 May 2022, 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 5:34 am

On the self-absorbed narcissism scale I'd call it a draw

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 5:36 am

It seemed to me that Isabela didn't want details because perhaps she found them triggering. So that's why I said maybe it should have been asked in the Haven because this forum more hard knocks so to speak.

Anyways to what was asked. I haven't been spending much time watching it. I've mainly just watched some short recaps.

What I've come away with so far is that Heard looks like she's putting on a performance. It's like sometimes she cracks a smile, then checks herself, and then goes back to putting on a sad face.

The thing with Depp is apparently no one else is talking about being abused by him, most notably the women he had been in a years long relationship with him like the mother of his children. One thing I remember him saying is "somehow suddenly after 50 years I became a wife beater" (or words to that effect).

Last edited by Matrix Glitch on 08 May 2022, 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 5:40 am

cyberdad wrote:

:lol:
Pretty much agree.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 5:49 am

naturalplastic wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Pretty much agree.

I'm not so sure Depp displays narcissism.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 2:49 pm

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 3:52 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Pretty much agree.

I'm not so sure Depp displays narcissism.

Maybe I was doing 'reverse wishful thinking' since I like Depp as an actor as much as does the next person so I am biased in his favor...so I am biased against him ...to counteract that.

But if not narcissistic he does come off as a bit paranoid and histrionic in her testimony. Probably resulting from his drinking and drugging.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 12:12 am

It came out and was proven that Heard lied about the whole abuse thing. Even a doctor tested her and interviewed her and she has BPD and Histroinic disorder.

https://news.yahoo.com/amber-heard-diag ... 59555.html

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/a ... -testimony.

The video with the doctor talking about her disorders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR0Wu4fa7C4&t=101s

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 2:21 am

I think one of the biggest factors in this is there's been absolutely no "me too" from any woman who's been in a relationship with Depp. And I can't see any reason why Wynona Ryder or Vanessa Paradis and others would be afraid to say anything about it. The only thing they have said about it is that they never experienced any abuse from Depp.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 7:02 pm

They're both seeing red, but I only see brown.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 1:58 pm

I have very little time to discuss this but based on video and audio evidence:

First of all, it's clear that this woman is jealous of her ex husband because he's a legend due to being multiply talented. She is also someone who thinks the world owes her a living because she has serious issues. Now is her ex husband perfect? No Did he abuse her? No.

Rather, he is also neurodiverse and probably on the spectrum himself as he does stim. However, he struggles with depression and substance abuse but he wants to help himself. Because of that, she is taking evidence of his problems and twisting it and making him look bad.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 11:39 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:

First of all, it's clear that this woman is jealous of her ex husband because he's a legend due to being multiply talented. She is also someone who thinks the world owes her a living because she has serious issues. Now is her ex husband perfect? No Did he abuse her? No.

Rather, he is also neurodiverse and probably on the spectrum himself as he does stim. However, he struggles with depression and substance abuse but he wants to help himself. Because of that, she is taking evidence of his problems and twisting it and making him look bad.

Based on the little news blurbs that cross my path, if this was up to a court of public opinion, Ms Heard would be toast.

The idea of Mr. Depp being on the spectrum doesn't seem the least bit of a stretch.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 10:38 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

She seems very Borderline Personality.

But where do you see autism in Johnny Depp?

Based on the little news blurbs that cross my path, if this was up to a court of public opinion, Ms Heard would be toast.

The idea of Mr. Depp being on the spectrum doesn't seem the least bit of a stretch.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 7:34 am

naturalplastic wrote:
At first Depp seemed to be winning (at least in the court of public opinion, if not with the jury) when he was on the stand. Heard's lawyers almost self destructed. But now Heard may have regained some lost ground by exposing some dirt on Depp.

Did she though? I've been watching this trial live. The problem is that none of the photographs shown by her legal team seam to corroborate her story, and the pictures that she submitted supposedly showing her injuries do not match the injuries that she described. The injuries that she described during the Australia incident would of either required serious medical attention or she would of bled to death, yet there is no doctors records or anything that she got treated but there were pictures of Johnny Depp in hospital getting treated for his severed finger? She claimed that her feet were sliced up bad with broken glass, but was treated for it and the next day walked through 3 airports without problems?

BlossX
Toucan
Toucan

15 May 2022, 7:36 am

Amber Heard Vs Johnny Depp : usual useless stuff that is being shown on TV and internet.

That is how I see it.

To not go Off topic: I think Johnny Depp is winning because Amber Heard has severe mental issues and it can't be proven that she is not lying or saying delirant stuff

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 8:10 am

BlossX wrote:
Amber Heard Vs Johnny Depp : usual useless stuff that is being shown on TV and internet.

That is how I see it.

To not go Off topic: I think Johnny Depp is winning because Amber Heard has severe mental issues and it can't be proven that she is not lying or saying delirant stuff

Except that the entire trial is being streamed live, not just snippets. After watching it live, it seems pretty obvious to me that she is actually not telling the truth, not just that can't prove she's telling the truth, although there might be a kernel of truth to some of her claims. Her not being able to prove that she's telling the truth is not even the standard for Johnny Depp winning a defamation case, he actually has to prove that she's lying which is extremely hard to do generally.