Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp: Score Keeping and Color

Page 2 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 3:12 pm

I'm not watching it but catching the second-order stuff with interest.

It seems like this should be in the bag as a suggestion that women can pull fraudulent rent-seeking behavior, even out of something as sacrosanct as 'Me Too', and not only wring money out of it but effectively tell women who have been raped that they're worthless for not being them.

What I think is going to be an even bigger bombshell and cause a lot more cognitive dissonance is Marilyn Manson's lawsuit against Evan Rachael Wood and I'd assume her partner Illma Gore. In this case - what's that? Johnny Depp had exactly one accuser with many other long-term relationships under his belt? Sudden wife-beater after fifty years? We can solve that - we'll impersonate a federal agent, contact former girlfriends of Manson and say that he's under investigation for sexual assault, we'll tell these women that they're in danger, and then we'll pull them in to coach them on their story so they all say the same thing. All of this hangs around the fact that he's....well... The Antichrist Superstar.

There are some Youtube channels who are almost set up around the pro-Manson side and while I do think they dredge up some good things like past ex's and assistance who have glowing things to say about his character (I get the sense that a lot of his narcissism in public interviews was mostly tactical) those channels are a bit starry-eyed as well so I don't know for sure if they're giving a fully accurate assessment as to whether he's 100% in the clear, 95% in the clear, etc.. Obviously the guy did a lot of shadow-work, it's been his music and art career, but he's also only human so it's hard to imagine that he's squeaky clean in every detail - but bloody obvious that what he's getting dragged through, especially if the claims in the defamation suit are accurate, are criminal acts against him, his reputation, and his livelihood.

I think after this 'Me Too' is going to have to do something institutional that weeds out the cottage fraud industry (which I'd hope they do) and get really clinical - a bit like ALCU or FIRE, otherwise it's done.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 3:58 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
She seems very Borderline Personality.

But where do you see autism in Johnny Depp?

Perhaps I'm making the mistake of equating eccentricity with signs of autism.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 4:17 pm

Most of his "eccentricity" is deliberate, and cultivated for his "if Marlon Brando were a rock star" image.

And even if some of it is real - its not particularly aspie/autistic in nature.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 4:31 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Most of his "eccentricity" is deliberate, and cultivated for his "if Marlon Brando were a rock star" image.

He's always struck me more as "if Mike Patton of Faith No More and Mr. Bungle were an actor" (back in Benny and June days they were almost dead-ringer look-alikes and in the Dillinger movie he's looking a lot like late 90's 'Album of the Year' Mike), so slightly turning that one around.

Johnny Depp as I remember had a club, it's a place that Al Jourgenson (Ministry) talks about in a lot of his interviews, I'm not sure how he got close with Alice Cooper but I remember Alice Cooper commenting on the Manson case with analogy to Depp - he worded it very carefully that they both struck him the same way, that he'd never in his time relating to either of them seen the character traits that would tip him off that they had this 'other side' to them, but at the same time he also admitted that he was ignorant of what went on in their bedrooms.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 6:29 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
He's always struck me more as "if Mike Patton of Faith No More and Mr. Bungle were an actor" (back in Benny and June days they were almost dead-ringer look-alikes and in the Dillinger movie he's looking a lot like late 90's 'Album of the Year' Mike), so slightly turning that one around.

Good example of that resemblance jumping out:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 7:01 pm

I wasnt talking about physical resemblence. I am talking about his influences, and role models. Both on screen, and his persona when he is "being himself" offscreen. A heavy weight actor of an earlier generation, and combining that with a rock star like Keith Richards (also of an earlier generation). He was a musician prior to kinda falling into acting. So its natural for him to take on a bit of rockstar image.

you're talking about contemporaries who had careers parallel to his own. Whom he may well have mutual similarities with as well.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 8:25 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I wasnt talking about physical resemblence. I am talking about his influences, and role models.

I mean style as well as similar appearance. My guess is that happens with a lot of people of similar looks, ie. they find similar paths to build their personalities / public persona.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 10:30 pm

So an ex assistant is saying that Amber took her story and twisted it for her own use:

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wi ... s-71796771

"Heard stole my sex assault story," says her ex assistant:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/j ... court-told

She used make up to make fake bruises:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... p-22427874

Amber caught with her lie about bruising make up to cover her bruises:

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/05/ambe ... r-lie-kc1/

"Heard was the abuser" says Depp's ex PA:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53393254

And another story I found but none of the other websites covered but I thought this was interesting. Read at your own risk:

https://www.yourtango.com/entertainment ... dly-abused

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 10:36 pm

Depp's biggest influences, who he channels the most, are Hunter S Thompson, Keith Richards and Marlon Brando. All three very quirky individuals. One thing aspies do is mimic others as a masking technique. I do it all the time.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 2:03 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Depp's biggest influences, who he channels the most, are Hunter S Thompson, Keith Richards and Marlon Brando. All three very quirky individuals. One thing aspies do is mimic others as a masking technique. I do it all the time.

Thats correct about his influences. He even talks like Keith Richards- both in tone of voice- and in the Rolling Stone's British accent. Even though Depp is from friggin Kentucky. :lol:

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 4:41 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Thats correct about his influences. He even talks like Keith Richards- both in tone of voice- and in the Rolling Stone's British accent. Even though Depp is from friggin Kentucky. :lol:

Captain Jack was totally derived from Keith Richards. That's why they had Richards play his father in the sequel.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 10:25 pm

First and foremost I find it sad that any marriage deteriorates to a place such as this.

Second, I don't understand why she placed the ad in the first place. What was she hoping to gain? The answer to an abusive situation is to leave it. Hopefully the abusing party can get pushed into therapy. Her tactic doesn't make sense to me. I want to believe her, but her behavior has not been consistent with the behavior of abused women I know in real life.

Third, in my mind I do find it possible to give women the benefit of the doubt without negatively judging the men. And, honestly, the small snippets I saw of Depp on the stand had him coming off to me more as a victim. But people are complicated, and people can be "good" in some situations and "bad" in others.

Fourth, even good people can be pushed into corners and act in ways they otherwise wouldn't. It seems the marriage was incredibly toxic, and I doubt either of them remained their best selves within it.

So I will never judge either of them, and am relieved I don't have to.

It all makes me sad. Very sad.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 11:52 pm

This thing interests me because court trials of any kind are often interesting. Which is why "The People's Court" and all its clones like "Judge Judy" have always been so popular.

The biggest legal bombshell now is that Heard talked about Depp abusing Kate Moss. A rule of the trial was that no past relationships were to be taken into consideration. But since Heard brought up Moss, now Moss (who's in support of Depp) can be called as a witness. And that probably opens the door to other women who were in a relationship with Depp being able to testify now. It's interesting how one little thing, just a few seconds of testimony, can totally swing the outcome of a lengthy trial.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 1:46 am

Her testimony certainly proved she could lose her sh*t (in more ways than one).

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 6:35 pm

I think the most important takeaway of the case is that she's positively not an innocent victim.

Should she be liable for the mischaracterization she wrote? I don't see another way.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 10:07 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
This thing interests me because court trials of any kind are often interesting. Which is why "The People's Court" and all its clones like "Judge Judy" have always been so popular.

The biggest legal bombshell now is that Heard talked about Depp abusing Kate Moss. A rule of the trial was that no past relationships were to be taken into consideration. But since Heard brought up Moss, now Moss (who's in support of Depp) can be called as a witness. And that probably opens the door to other women who were in a relationship with Depp being able to testify now. It's interesting how one little thing, just a few seconds of testimony, can totally swing the outcome of a lengthy trial.

Well it actually happened. Kate Moss testified.

I think the trial is supposed to wrap up this Friday.