Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 12:31 pm

As a side effect of being on the spectrum I always struggled as a baby and teenager with getting/staying asleep.

My dad was 5ft10 legit when he was younger and mom 5ft1 or 5ft2. Interestingly I was the same height as mom when I turned 12.

I only grew to 5ft8 but do you think if I slept really well growing up I could have maybe reached 6ft1? I know height is mostly genetic but I do wonder could bad lifestlye habits effect your final adult height by as much as 5 inches?

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 12:42 pm

Here's a reference with relevant information,
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... evelopment
"
People usually grow until they reach 18 years of age. Before then, a range of environmental factors can affect how tall they become.
This article discusses the factors that influence a person’s height, some ways individuals can increase their height during development, and whether or not adults can increase their height.
"

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 12:50 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Here's a reference with relevant information,
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... evelopment
"
People usually grow until they reach 18 years of age. Before then, a range of environmental factors can affect how tall they become.
This article discusses the factors that influence a person’s height, some ways individuals can increase their height during development, and whether or not adults can increase their height.
"

So in theory I could have potentially been a good 5 inches taller? I did go through a phase when i was a child of avoiding cheese.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 12:57 pm

I thought that usually the child's height is in between the parent's, so yours seems correct.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 1:06 pm

Jamesy wrote:
So in theory I could have potentially been a good 5 inches taller?

Anything is possible but only a few things are probable.

What is, is.
What is not, is not.

The past is cooked and served.
The present is still having its ingredients prepared.