Man Tells Abortion Rights Activists 'Your Body Is Mine'.

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 10:48 am

funeralxempire wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I know what happens in real life----but part of it is caused by the hysteria the internet provokes.
I'm not sure the internet is too relevant, they existed well before the internet.  The guy who shot up École Polytech was one of those types.  I think we're about to get a rude awakening just like we've faced with white nationalists in recent years.  All of the people who were convinced that the problem was of a smaller scale will have to acknowledge the problem is actually much larger in scale.
The problem is endemic.  While that video is just one instance, the private conversations of men around me reveal similar sentiments that make Incel websites look tame.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 10:49 am

I feel like it's a vicious cycle, really.

There is a real threat, yes......but these sorts of people thrive on the attention.

I believe they should be watched-----but surreptitiously. Rather than people only reacting with outrage----because "reacting with outrage" is food for their thought.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 10:50 am

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I know what happens in real life----but part of it is caused by the hysteria the internet provokes.
I'm not sure the internet is too relevant, they existed well before the internet.  The guy who shot up École Polytech was one of those types.  I think we're about to get a rude awakening just like we've faced with white nationalists in recent years.  All of the people who were convinced that the problem was of a smaller scale will have to acknowledge the problem is actually much larger in scale.
The problem is endemic.  While that video is just one instance, the private conversations of men around me reveal similar sentiments that make Incel websites look tame.

I've worked in factories before, I'm more familiar with the way needledicks talk about women than I'd like to be.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 10:51 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I've worked in factories before, I'm more familiar with the way needledicks talk about women than I'd like to be.
Hey!  I leaned a new word today!  Thanks!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 10:54 am

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

It was used in the movie The Waterboy.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 May 2022, 11:09 am

I don't know what laws in NY are but here, I think they could be arrested for punishable threats - they basically declare willing to commit rape.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 11:10 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
I have watched only one Adam Sandler movie -- Night at the Museum.

But, yeah . . . for certain types of men, women are chattel, to be used, abused, and tossed aside, according to the man's own will.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 11:11 am

magz wrote:
I don't know what laws in NY are but here, I think they could be arrested for punishable threats - they basically declare willing to commit rape.
And if, as the article implies, the man is a public employee, he could soon be looking for employment elsewhere.

Unless his boss is of the same mindset, then all bets are off.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 11:30 am

Tim_Tex wrote:

I probably picked it up from Propagandhi songs.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 11:35 am

Fnord wrote:
magz wrote:
. . . I must admit -- there are guys like that in the US.  F-ing crazy but true.
That is what I have been trying to tell people!  Thank you for confirming their existence.  I think their false "proprietary" attitude toward women is one of the factors that drives both the "Pro-Life" and "Incel" movements.

It's not just men.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 May 2022, 11:38 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
It's not just men.

?
I know of hardcore anti-abortion women but what kind of a woman would support something like this?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 11:49 am

magz wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
It's not just men.

?
I know of hardcore anti-abortion women but what kind of a woman would support something like this?

I'm not referring just to the video or this one protest. I didn't watch the video. I'm referring to the fact many women tell other people what to do with their bodies. Sometimes they are pro-lifers who shame and guilt mothers and / or fathers about considering or having abortions. Sometimes they are pro-choice women who shame and ridicule anyone who supports pro-life. They belittle their opinions by saying they've made the wrong decision pertaining to all women's bodies. Then you get women who assert strong opinions about other people (any gender) having plastic surgery or even gender reassignment surgery. In those cases they are also implying "your body is mine", and that humans shouldn't have free agency.

Edited because I keep mixing up my words.

Last edited by IsabellaLinton on 09 May 2022, 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 May 2022, 11:52 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm referring to the fact many women tell other people what to do with their bodies.
Oh, thanks! Now it makes perfect sense.
And yes, it's true :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 12:00 pm

Unfortunately, this person can’t be arrested for what he said in NY State.

He is not a member of the Fire Department. If he was, he’d be subject to termination. They’re investigating him now.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 7:45 pm

Fnord wrote:
and you're having my baby.

I don't get this bit?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 9:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
. . . these people are trying to provoke a reaction, and delight in the attention.
My point is that these people actually exist, and not just in places like Iran and India, but right here in America, too!

Yes. It isn't always to get a reaction. Sometimes it is, but there are men who truly believe all this. And a few women, too (not many, pretty rare, but not non-existent).