Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 9:52 am

Sweet Pea hugs

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 12:32 pm

You might want to talk to a therapist. They might have ways for you to deal with the issues you face. At least they would be someone to talk to so that you do not wall it up inside too long.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 4:37 pm

Nic na Mara wrote:
Of course it's a lonely journey. And maybe all life (until death). I spend my life without family and friends, only dogs.

Sometimes it's unbearable to watch and hear other people discussing their griefs, worries and problems with each other.
I always ask myself: "Why I don't get this chance, too?" (I've tried often enough, but a stranger just doesn't get that way treated.)

But since I'm a member of Wrong Planet it's getting more better. I write about my thoughts and feelings. Sometimes for myself in a journal and sometimes I share it here. And I get replies, advice and helpful words of understanding. That's much more then I had in my past.

He means it's lonely going through this particular ordeal because he can't find a fulfilling outlet to get support and vent his feelings. His threads on this topic keep getting deleted due to forum rules. Your post has nothing to do with what he was saying, and the last paragraph isn't very considerate.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 1:05 pm

Quote:
Was gagged by a mod again

I know that feeling. :cry:

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 4:48 pm

QuantumChemist wrote:
You might want to talk to a therapist.

I don't appreciate the implication that the immediate problems I have put my mental health in question.
QuantumChemist wrote:
so that you do not wall it up inside too long.

Yeah, a year and a half ago I called every one of them in my area, probably at least a dozen. Either they did not return my calls, or I was put on waiting lists and never heard from again. You would think that offices that deal with mental health concerns would follow up with me to make sure I'm doing okay, nope, no care at all. A year and a half later I have received no help at all (for anxiety). Situations needing prompt assistance generally seem to work themselves out in the worst and most damaging manner during such a long wait.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 4:51 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Sweet Pea hugs

Thank you.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 6:08 pm

Counseling is a good idea, in some situations. Your situation might be one example

Counseling is a bad idea in some situation

Not all counselors are good for all clients

Counselors are humans with felony conviction, psychiatric diagnoses and subconscious biases. Just like everyone else.

(The counseling clinic closed March 2020 because Covid. I used to go there about once a week, for 12 years. Since then I have not had counseling. Zero. In October 2020, my worthless corpse got a dumpster fire "job" that I have been working at since. 22 months without getting made redundant. I am 39 years old. The longest time I lasted in a job before the current one, was 5 months when I was 18. That is a major success. On the negative side, I gained about 15 pounds since March 2020, but I still look the same. I feel weaker and slower physically but that has a lot to do with the aging process. )

Not all counselors are worth the prices they charge

Not all impacts are immediate obvious physical or visible

But "actions speak louder than words"

"Communication" euphemism for "noise pollution"

The more "communication" the more "miscommunication"

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 7:05 pm

Earthbound_Alien wrote:

Check your PMs. Thanks for reaching out.