Page 8 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 3:08 am

when trumpy was in, things just kept getting worse. under biden, things are getting worse still but not quite with the same alacrity.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 3:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Talk of Biden's so called dementia is so overblown. I can remember from years ago when people had questioned his competency, and how he had foot-in-mouth-disease (which is nothing compared to Trump's), and yet Biden constantly used that underestimation against his opponents. For the record, Biden had always verbally stumbled, and strayed from the point from time to time. But behind all that has always been years and years of experience in government that few of his critics can match.

I am sure you believe all that, my misguided friend. :mrgreen:
So, who will be replacing Biden in the next presidential race? :scratch:

Unlike Trump, I don't see Biden resisting stepping aside if his senses go.
The right has been showing videos without proper context of Biden's alleged senility.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2022 ... dens-word/

The footage is very convincing. 8)

Quote:
Opponents of President Joe Biden have repeatedly circulated videos that cut his comments short or take his words out of context to leave a misleading impression.

This never happened with Trump. *cough*. :mrgreen:

Despite how this was demonstrated to have been manipulated by the right wing media?
As for Trump - - there was no need to manipulate the idiocy he spouted, as he did it all himself.

Trump (yucky poo) was often taken out of context.
Trump (that narcissist) would make a joke and people painted it as him being serious.
Trump (that horrible orange man) would always be misrepresented as being wrong no matter what he said.
God, I hate that Trump guy.

Just covering myself here. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 3:14 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
They were obviously real. But that doesn't mean that all of Biden's gaffes aren't a matter of manipulation.

Are you even willing to consider that the butter is slipping off his noodle?

I will answer that.
No, he is not. 8)

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 May 2022, 3:15 am

auntblabby wrote:
when trumpy was in, things just kept getting worse. under biden, things are getting worse still but not quite with the same alacrity.
Neither Trump nor Biden is responsible for covid or Ukraine war. They are responsible for US response to the crises when they were in charge.

We're living in "intresting times" and this fact is independent on who is in charge in White House. The ones in charge can do better or worse job to steer us through it.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 3:17 am

auntblabby wrote:

The economy was doing very, well until covid.
Then he (that dirty filthy orange misbegotten S.O.B) royally messed up big time. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 3:20 am

magz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Neither Trump nor Biden is responsible for covid or Ukraine war. They are responsible for US response to the crises when they were in charge.

We're living in "intresting times" and this fact is independent on who is in charge in White House. The ones in charge can do better or worse job to steer us through it.

The Chinese curse. 8O

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 3:26 am

magz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

and trumpy was like that drunken ship captain of the exxon valdez [joseph hazleton] who ran the thing aground, he was running our ship of state into the ground. at least biden, senescent or no, has good people around him, as opposed to the loathsome and inept sociopathic yes-men that trumpy surrounded himself with.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 May 2022, 3:39 am

By the decisions Biden is making, I think he represents a good balance between technocracy and policy - the policy chooses the direction, the technocracy steers the path.
I wish we had more politicians like that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 4:04 am

Pepe wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
For an ordinary guy he was intelligent enough. But as POTUS? No.

The same applies to Biden, imo.

Biden has several decades of political experience under his belt. I think that alone is a great qualification.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 4:09 am

Skunk -

A President has the responsibility to speak plainly, without hyperbole and exaggeration. And as a matter of fact, the claim that he was only resorting to humor is a defense by his henchmen who wanted to cover his backside. Trump has no sense of humor, save for when he wanted to demean or humiliate someone else.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 4:47 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Biden has several decades of political experience under his belt. I think that alone is a great qualification.

The keyword here is decades. Most if not all of the politicians who have been at it for decades should have retired awhile ago.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 4:59 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Skunk -

A President has the responsibility to speak plainly, without hyperbole and exaggeration. And as a matter of fact, the claim that he was only resorting to humor is a defense by his henchmen who wanted to cover his backside. Trump has no sense of humor, save for when he wanted to demean or humiliate someone else.

Then I must be one of his "henchmen".
(Where is my paycheque? 8O )
I was talking from personal experience.

As you would know, my specialty is in humour, something some autistics aren't good at.
Ironic, huh? ;)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 5:00 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

My understanding is, that Biden has decades of being a *mediocre* politician.
But he does mediocrity very well. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 5:04 am

magz wrote:
By the decisions Biden is making, I think he represents a good balance between technocracy and policy - the policy chooses the direction, the technocracy steers the path.
I wish we had more politicians like that.

Tell that to the Afghanistans. 8O

Also, Biden was initially "twiddling his thumbs", while Ukraine burned.
He also gave pootin the go-ahead when he told pootin Ammuuuria wouldn't intervene if it was only a limited invasion.

Good god woman, what happened to your memory? 8O

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 May 2022, 5:16 am

I didn't like the decision to withdraw troops from Afghanistan the way he did it... but seeing how the situation developed since then, I've started to believe he knew he would soon need these troops elsewhere. Getting rid of a potential inflammatory spot is also beneficial now.
If I was able to come to a conclusion that Russians were up to something - based only on new spammer accounts on WP - I'm sure someone who had the whole CIA reports knew much more, even back then.
That would mean very professional, wise move.
Sad for Afghans but you can't keep someone happy with force.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 5:28 am

magz wrote:
I didn't like the decision to withdraw troops from Afghanistan the way he did it... but seeing how the situation developed since then, I've started to believe he knew he would soon need these troops elsewhere. Getting rid of a potential inflammatory spot is also beneficial now.
If I was able to come to a conclusion that Russians were up to something - based only on new spammer accounts on WP - I'm sure someone who had the whole CIA reports knew much more, even back then.
That would mean very professional, wise move.
Sad for Afghans but you can't keep someone happy with force.

Speculation.
Mine is better, imo. ;)

The CCP was the threat, not Russia at the time of the Afghani rout.
Trump was the one who started pulling out Ammuuurian troops from various areas in the middle east before Biden was the president.

All Afghanistan needed was 2,000 Ammuurian troops on the ground to maintain peace, so I have heard. It was a small part of the Ammuuuria military force.

Both Trump and Biden made a poor choice due to public opinion in Ammuuuria.
Innocent people skrewed by politics once again.
What else is new? ;)