Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 8:13 pm

I got scared that I might have Antisocial Personality Disorder, because I still have some symptom of Conduct Disorder Unspecified, and with some of those traits, I developed some skills that I thought are NT social skills, but is actually bad characteristics. I am am 21 years old and still kept some traits of Conduct Disorder Unspecified.

I sometimes wonder if I have Antisocial Personality Disorder, but have empathy and remorse, and don't go around commiting some crimes that I did throughout my childhood, and the only difference is that I never got criminal records.

My symptoms throughout my childhood:

* Annoyed and chased animals for sick pleasure, but I started to feel so guilty for doing that, as I stopped doing that
* Sometimes broke some school rules, and get into fights
* A little bit impulsive when angry
* Always thought that I am right, and getting into arguments, most of my peers thought I was wired, because of that

I know that my symptoms of Conduct Disorder Unspecified did not present all the time, but it was pathological and that went on throughout my childhood.

Some symptoms of Antisocial Personality Disorder that I have:

* Charm (I use charm when I lie)
* Brainwashing (I don't do that, but I have that skill)
* Lying (I sometimes lie a lot, and people don't know that I lied, but I am more likely to be honest than most)
* Manipulation (I do that rarely though)

Those skills that I have is limited, because I have history of severe communication delay.

I feel guilty that I have those traits, but I wonder if it is possible for me to be a psychopath with empathy and remorse, and choosing to not commit crimes, but I still feel like I harm others by having those traits. I feel ashamed, I am sorry!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 10:38 pm

If you have empathy and remorse, you don't qualify as being ASPD, imo.
I am not a qualified professional, btw.

I suggest you research "Narcissism".

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 10:50 pm

That makes sense. Thank you!

Pteranomom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2022, 1:59 am

"Sometimes broke some school rules, and get into fights
* A little bit impulsive when angry"

Man, this is true of everyone! Everyone's broken school rules at some point, and pretty much everyone gets dumb and impulsive when they're angry.

If you feel empathy and remorse and generally refrain from doing bad things, you're fine.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 3:19 am

FranzOren wrote:
That makes sense. Thank you!

I thought I was a psychopath, at one time, because of my autistic lack of empathy.
I was being silly.
And now I have cognitive empathy through life experience.

I believe it is not that uncommon for those on the spectrum to wonder if they have ASPD, btw.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 6:31 am

The thing is I had those behaviors for pathology long time, not all the time though.

ChrisInAustralia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 May 2022, 7:48 pm

FranzOren wrote:
I got scared that I might have Antisocial Personality Disorder, because I still have some symptom of Conduct Disorder Unspecified, and with some of those traits, I developed some skills that I thought are NT social skills, but is actually bad characteristics. I am am 21 years old and still kept some traits of Conduct Disorder Unspecified.

I sometimes wonder if I have Antisocial Personality Disorder, but have empathy and remorse, and don't go around commiting some crimes that I did throughout my childhood, and the only difference is that I never got criminal records.

My symptoms throughout my childhood:

* Annoyed and chased animals for sick pleasure, but I started to feel so guilty for doing that, as I stopped doing that
* Sometimes broke some school rules, and get into fights
* A little bit impulsive when angry
* Always thought that I am right, and getting into arguments, most of my peers thought I was wired, because of that

I know that my symptoms of Conduct Disorder Unspecified did not present all the time, but it was pathological and that went on throughout my childhood.

Some symptoms of Antisocial Personality Disorder that I have:

* Charm (I use charm when I lie)
* Brainwashing (I don't do that, but I have that skill)
* Lying (I sometimes lie a lot, and people don't know that I lied, but I am more likely to be honest than most)
* Manipulation (I do that rarely though)

Those skills that I have is limited, because I have history of severe communication delay.

I feel guilty that I have those traits, but I wonder if it is possible for me to be a psychopath with empathy and remorse, and choosing to not commit crimes, but I still feel like I harm others by having those traits. I feel ashamed, I am sorry!

There's so many 'conditions' now and I think they are mostly not real. that is, there's no PATHOLOGY here, they are ways to classify clusters of human traits without knowing where they came from. If you have empathy and remorse you don't have any condition that lists not having them, that's a core criteria. Instead of worrying about labels, I try to work out what parts of my personality I don't like and work on them in isolation. I was diagnosed schizophrenic in the 80s b.c no one knew what autism was and the label never worried me. I focused on who I was and how I felt about it

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 8:03 pm

Some of those traits I developed from symptoms of Conduct Disorder Unspecified that I had is not that healthy though, but I agree. I will try my best to keep my best behavior and do the right thing.

ChrisInAustralia

11 May 2022, 8:06 pm

FranzOren wrote:
Some of those traits I developed from symptoms of Conduct Disorder Unspecified that I had is not that healthy though, but I agree. I will try my best to keep my behavior and do the right thing.

That's all the rest of us are doing :)

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 8:08 pm

Thank you!

So Disruptive, Impulse Control and Conduct Disorders are BS? But it can be precursor to Antisocial Personality Disorder.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 8:22 pm

FranzOren wrote:
Some of those traits I developed from symptoms of Conduct Disorder Unspecified that I had is not that healthy though, but I agree. I will try my best to keep my best behavior and do the right thing.

*Other* people can make that difficult.
Many of our problems are the result of mistreatment by *other* people. 8)

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 8:26 pm

That makes sense.

ChrisInAustralia

11 May 2022, 8:30 pm

FranzOren wrote:
Thank you!

So Disruptive, Impulse Control and Conduct Disorders are BS? But it can be precursor to Antisocial Personality Disorder.

I am not saying they are utter BS. I am saying they are tools used to classify people and not overly helpful. If you have a 'disorder' it's just a clump of characteristics. Trying to not have Conduct Disorder is not really doable. Seeing you have a trait you want to improve on, is a viable goal.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 8:31 pm

That does make sense. Thank you!

ChrisInAustralia

11 May 2022, 8:42 pm

FranzOren wrote:
That does make sense. Thank you!

Glad to help :)