Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 9:53 pm

Has anyone used Wellbutrin (bupropion) for ADHD, and did it work for helping your symptoms? Also, did you use it with any other ADHD medications?

My doctor suggested adding 100mg of it to the 60mg of Strattera that I already take, but I don't know enough about Wellbutrin to make a decision on whether I should take it or not.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 May 2022, 6:51 am

I would rather advise natural derivatives .. such as Camomile Tea , Valerian Root & CBD

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 7:42 am

cbd wrote:
I would rather advise natural derivatives .. such as Camomile Tea , Valerian Root & CBD

Yeah... that isn't going to help me at all. I was hoping for replies only from people who've taken Wellbutrin for ADHD, or know people who have.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 9:47 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
cbd wrote:

Yeah... that isn't going to help me at all. I was hoping for replies only from people who've taken Wellbutrin for ADHD, or know people who have.

Wouldn't you rather warm thoughts and interpretive dance for your ADHD? :roll:

I was prescribed Wellbutrin when I was younger but it was alongside another medication so it's a bit hard to tell what medicine caused what effects. It takes awhile for Wellbutrin's effects to be noticed, compared to say stimulants where the effect is noticeable on day one. I gave up on it after awhile but I think most of the negative effects were from the other medication.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 2:54 pm

Wellbutrin gave me energy but did nothing for my ADHD-pi, only really Adderall XR helped give me the focus I needed and cut through the mental fog in my head but the side effects were horrible. I haven't taken anything for my ADHD in years.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 8:52 pm

Wellbutrin did not help my ADHD when I was on it. Typical ADHD meds do help me, though. I was on Vyvanse and found it very helpful.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 11:34 pm

Dr prescribed Wellbutrin. The disclaimer said "seizure". Some articles claim that autistics (on average), have a lower seizure threshold than neurotypicals so I didn't take Wellbutrin

My day job is Lot Attendant. Plenty what I suspect as:. Stoned, drunk, reckless, unlicensed, uninsured drivers. Two weeks ago another lot attendant got in a hit and run as a pedestrian. It's dangerous enough without a seizure

Instead I have taken Prozac, Zoloft, Ativan, effexor, propranolol and et cetera

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 8:09 pm

I was diagnosed with ADHD for years before I was diagnosed with ASD. I was Rx'd Wellbutrin to assist with smoking cessation and it sent me into hypomania. I was not able to stay on it long enough to see if it would help me quit smoking. I felt wild on it.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.