Page 7 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 4:47 am

I am not ashamed to be brown, thanks. And I don't believe white is superior.

Edit: misread temp1234's post - realise now it was aimed at the OP. Still, terrible advice.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 9:25 am

Michael Jackson looked much better when he was natural, with dark skin and a wide nose.

The way he looked after all his surgeries……was ghostly and grotesque.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 9:40 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Michael Jackson looked much better when he was natural, with dark skin and a wide nose.

The way he looked after all his surgeries……was ghostly and grotesque.

I can recall hearing or reading that MJ wanted to look like Diana Ross who is light complexioned but not actually white. The skin color thing had more to do with vitiligo which seems to have been confirmed at his autopsy.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 9:43 am

True. But he wanted a narrow nose, at the very least. He also wanted to look like Elizabeth Taylor.

He should have just left everything alone.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 10:04 am

MJ had cancer and needed to lighten his skin. He also had very bad body dysphoria.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 11:04 am

How does lightening the skin lessen the impact of cancer?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 11:07 am

I have nothing against MJ. I just feel he shouldn’t have tampered with his body so much.

I have nothing against trans people or anything. I hope I’m not giving off that impression.

MJ looked good naturally.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 2:34 am

MJ claimed to have Vitiligo which caused his skin to get patchy white.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 2:36 am

temp1234 wrote:
Michael Jackson was obviously ashamed of his ancestry and some people hated him for that.

A lot east Asians get rhinoplasty to look "caucasian" but that has nothing to do with being ashamed of their ancestry.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 6:14 am

It was more like he had a certain “ideal,” rather than shame, per se.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:12 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
The NHS was already overwhelmed for decades because of the funding cuts the government keeps imposing. I'm sick of immigrants being the scapegoats in this country.

Thank you!! Also the UK is already lacking in doctors, many who are immigrants so without us you would be in trouble.

I understand white guilt. I'm mixed race, three quarters black, a quarter white, my mum and her siblings all being half black, half white. In reality, because we come from a country that was deeply interfered with by the English, I'm probably whiter than I state. I'm black but due to my ethnicity, have features that are more pleasing to western beauty standards than the wider nose I'd have if I was fully black. I find it upsetting when I think of what one part of my ethnicity inflicted on another and noticing small privilege's (eg. cultural capital) I have makes me uncomfortable.

I'm going to try and empathise with this in mind. I'm sure that it is difficult to feel like you are being made fun of or loked down on for being white with things like the spicy food jokes. I don't know if this would make you feel better, but it's punching up. In certain patches of the west it may feel like POC are actually the privileged ones but we are still upset and hurt and so people react by lashing out. Of course there are some who I disagree with, a loud minority who genuinely have hatred for white people and think they are lesser but a lot of people who make those comments are hurting. Many are like me who prayed they could be white as kids and deal with a lot of comments. I don't think you should feel bad for being white and I'm sorry you feel that way. Lots of the media we consume is liberal so it may seem like everyone is against you but they aren't.

Also, not a fan of some of the posts talking about woke people and SJWs. Many of us are very reasonable and look t things intersectionality. Tbh I think the racial struggle is there to stop class consciousness.

I wonder what others are also thinking about this after the recent Buffalo shooting. I hope this didn't make anyone angry, I tried to be calm on this although I was originally annoyed, and am trying to be empathetic

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:19 pm

lvpin wrote:
Also, not a fan of some of the posts talking about woke people and SJWs. Many of us are very reasonable and look t things intersectionality. Tbh I think the racial struggle is there to stop class consciousness.

I wonder what others are also thinking about this after the recent Buffalo shooting. I hope this didn't make anyone angry, I tried to be calm on this although I was originally annoyed, and am trying to be empathetic

Thank you! this is precisely what CRT is about. People sharing their lived experience who are in the best position to talk about social justice and inequality rather than leaving it to white people who try and invalidate your experiences as if they think they know best.

I myself have been given a lot of privileges in life but I'm capable of trying to see the world through other people's eyes. I would prefer to hand these discussions to others who have had to face these obstacles on WP.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 7:28 pm

lvpin wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:
The NHS was already overwhelmed for decades because of the funding cuts the government keeps imposing. I'm sick of immigrants being the scapegoats in this country.

Thank you!! Also the UK is already lacking in doctors, many who are immigrants so without us you would be in trouble.

I understand white guilt. I'm mixed race, three quarters black, a quarter white, my mum and her siblings all being half black, half white. In reality, because we come from a country that was deeply interfered with by the English, I'm probably whiter than I state. I'm black but due to my ethnicity, have features that are more pleasing to western beauty standards than the wider nose I'd have if I was fully black. I find it upsetting when I think of what one part of my ethnicity inflicted on another and noticing small privilege's (eg. cultural capital) I have makes me uncomfortable.

I'm going to try and empathise with this in mind. I'm sure that it is difficult to feel like you are being made fun of or loked down on for being white with things like the spicy food jokes. I don't know if this would make you feel better, but it's punching up. In certain patches of the west it may feel like POC are actually the privileged ones but we are still upset and hurt and so people react by lashing out. Of course there are some who I disagree with, a loud minority who genuinely have hatred for white people and think they are lesser but a lot of people who make those comments are hurting. Many are like me who prayed they could be white as kids and deal with a lot of comments. I don't think you should feel bad for being white and I'm sorry you feel that way. Lots of the media we consume is liberal so it may seem like everyone is against you but they aren't.

Thank you for your post, Ivpin :)

I'm sorry both you and the OP have experienced white guilt. Nobody should be made to feel bad for whatever race they are.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 7:32 pm

The guy who shot those people is a racist murderer.....he's a reminder that people just ought to get out in the world and not rely upon the Internet in forming their opinions. He got this "white replacement" crap from the Internet.

I was a racist until I actually started hanging out with black people. That's the key: people getting together, doing normal things together.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 7:42 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The guy who shot those people is a racist murderer.....he's a reminder that people just ought to get out in the world and not rely upon the Internet in forming their opinions. He got this "white replacement" crap from the Internet.

I was a racist until I actually started hanging out with black people. That's the key: people getting together, doing normal things together.

Absolutely agree with this.

Edit: deleted some of my post as it may not have been appropriate.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 8:05 pm

I doubt very much it was inappropriate.

You’re not the type.