Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 8:49 am

Pepe wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Rexi wrote:
Pepe said you haven't been around for a while. Seems like since January. How are you doing? Nice to have you back.

I’m good, but I won’t be around for very long. It’s just a temporary stay.

Why did you visit? :scratch:

I was in the mood.

You may return from whence you came.
Or not. ;)

Even Hell, with its drunken orgies, gets a bit monotonous. It’s good to mix things up from time to time.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 1:27 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Even Hell, with its drunken orgies, gets a bit monotonous. It’s good to mix things up from time to time.

Then, you aren't doing it right. :twisted:

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

23 May 2022, 8:44 am

Pepe wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:
Even if a part of their religion would be killing other people?

Well I think religions like that should only be protected if they are not for murder.But my religion of church of Christ allows people to kill other people in a few select situations like self-defense.I think Quiverfull people who want to apply the Mosaic law today should have their kids taken away from them by CPS.

Question answered. 8)

Sadly, in the church of christ, slavery is encouraged in the New Testament, and is what people are to the lord as well, and in the old testament you were allowed to stone the neighbor to death if he did any work on the sabbath. Early Middle Age books and their beliefs. None of them is good, it's just lucky it turned out not a rule being still respected anymore. Religion is religion, all with their levels of entrapment, warped view of the world and each other and indoctrination from fragile ages.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Last edited by Rexi on 23 May 2022, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 8:48 am

Rexi wrote:
Sadly, in the church of christ, slavery is encouraged in the New Testament, and is what people are to the lord as well, and in the old testament you were allowed to stone the neighbor to death if he did any work on the sabbath. Early Middle Age books and their beliefs. None of them is good, it's just lucky it turned out not a rule being still respected anymore. Religion is religion, all with their levels of entrapment, warped view of the world and each other and indoctrination from fragile ages.

You are "preaching to the choir", sister. ;)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 8:52 am

Rexi wrote:
Sadly, in the Church of Christ, slavery is encouraged in the New Testament, and is what people are to the lord as well, and in the old testament you were allowed to stone the neighbor to death if he did any work on the sabbath.  Early Middle Age books and their beliefs.  None of them is good, it's just lucky it turned out not a rule being still respected anymore.  Religion is religion, all with their levels of entrapment, warped view of the world and each other and indoctrination from fragile ages.
Agreed, except for one tiny little nit-pick.

Most of the Old Testament seems to have been written during the late Bronze Age through the Iron Age.  The Middle Ages began about 1000-2000 years later.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 4:48 pm

It's Really TOO BAD Evangelical Christian Leaders, Not Unlike
The Catholic Church in America, Do Not Seem Too Concerned

About the Sanctity of Breathing Children, When it Comes to

Sexual Abuse As Recently An Intense Investigation Shows A
Gravity With The Same Pull of Raping Children And the Such

And Covering It Up

Within the Organization

of 'the Church;' In Some
Cases, MaNeuvering to Keep

Pastoral Pedophiles And Other
Members of the Organization of
The Church From Facing Legal Consequences

For Their Child Rape And Other Sexual Abuse;

Again, So Much
For the Sanctity
of the Most Vulnerable
Among Us, When it Comes
to Breathing Life and Children
Used As Tools For Sexual Gratification...

i Just Heard The Head PR YouTube, Bishop
Dude, Bishop Barron, Blame the Offenses

of the Catholic Church on 'The Devil;'

True, The Devil, the one 'They' Know
Best these Days;

Yes, The Devil
Within Outside

Who Is Simply
A Scape Goat
For the Real Evil
That Lurks in Some
HeARTS that Neatly
Check-Off Psychopathy Lists,

Still in the Top 10 List of that Human Darkness

As Far As Professions Those Folks Go into Like The 'Clerical Field'....

Same Place Ghost Authors Made a Dr. Jekyll and Mister Hyde Jesus

Who Loves the Enemies Then And
Turns the Other Cheek, Loving
With all Mercy and Forgiveness

Yet By the End of Matthew is Out
Turning Once Loyal Sheep into Goats
And Burning them Forever For Not Feeding

And Clothing
the Naked
Homeless
Dude on the Street;

No Thanks, Don't Even Get
Anywhere Close to me; i 'Smell'
'Evil' When i See it; And Obviously

Where There is Torturing Forever
in A Book, You've Entered A True House of Lying Horrors...

"The report is a calamity. My friend Russell Moore, a former president of the SBC’s Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, called it an “apocalypse.” The report says that “for almost two decades, survivors of abuse and other concerned Southern Baptists” contacted its executive committee “to report child molesters and other abusers who were in the pulpit or employed as church staff.”

"And what was the reaction they received? A select group of executive-committee leaders “largely controlled” the committee’s response to abuse reports, and they “were singularly focused on avoiding liability for the SBC to the exclusion of other considerations.” According to Guidepost, this meant that survivors and others who reported abuse “were ignored, disbelieved, or met with the constant refrain that the SBC could take no action due to its policy regarding church autonomy—even if it meant that convicted molesters continued in ministry with no notice or warning to their current church or congregation.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/05/southern-baptist-evangelical-allegations-cover-up/629954/

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick