Page 2 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 9:51 am

taking speed calms you down, or even makes you fall asleep.

/Mats

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 9:54 am

I wonder if my word-finding difficulties are the result of the beginnings of dementia…or undiagnosed ADHD.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 10:01 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wonder if my word-finding difficulties are the result of the beginnings of dementia…or undiagnosed ADHD.

Thanks to the computer and "CTRL+F".

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 10:09 am

(Back to the topic.)

You May Have ADHD If . . .

. . . you memorize every shortcut and hotkey for every app and search engine ever created for the Internet, so that your searches never last long enough for you to lose interest or be distracted.  This makes your "Google-Fu" is so finely tuned that if you cannot find something on the Internet, then it simply does not exist on the Internet.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 10:24 am

... Your house is pretty clean and organized today, but it's only because you lost something essential and you had to drop your plans and spend the whole day cleaning and reorganizing until it surfaced. The essential item was also in the very first place you already looked for it, but for some reason, you couldn't see it the last 10 times you checked there.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 10:26 am

you have difficulty sticking to the topic......classic!! !! !! ! :D

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 11:19 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
All I'm saying is that my wife, an NT and not someone with ADHD, is very very conscious about safety rules in her nursing facility----to the point where it becomes an obsession.

I know but with me I feel I have to consciously think before I do anything and I still often end up being confronted by the safety inspector. :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 12:28 pm

I guess what I was trying to do....is to explain to you that what you think may be "abnormal" might actually be "normal"----but that "normal" people deny these "abnormal" things about themselves.

I might be ADHD....if I, through my clumsiness, delete something like an important term paper---thus, making me have to spend to whole night re-writing said term paper.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 12:27 pm

...you were looking for something then forgot what you were looking for.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 1:35 pm

You constantly need to be nagged to do things or you won't do it at all.

You often misplaced things

You need stim toys to fidget with and it helps you relax

You need routines to get things done and to be organized

You have hyperfocus for videogames and YouTube and anything that interests you.

You are often afraid of failure you tend to not do it at all in fear of messing up.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 1:45 pm

...you are glad you're on a weekly rota at work, with the same Monday-Friday hours, while some of the others are on a monthly rota with days swapped around, and you know that if your hours were on a monthly rota you'll be constantly in a confused muddle, and your dyscalculia will probably result in you putting the wrong shifts down on the wrong days on the calendar.

...you wish there wasn't 7 days in the week because 7 is the oddest odd number and doesn't seem to fit into anything and makes working out dates ahead extremely difficult. 10 days in a week would be easier to work everything out!

... you're glad you were born in a year ending in a 0 because it's easy to work out how old you were in each year, for example in 2002 I was 12, in 2013 I was 23 - takes no working out at all. I'm glad I wasn't born in a year ending in a 7!

...you struggle with reading and understanding big numbers on paper, like 13,487.09. You can do it but you have to think first, and you can't always be bothered to do that so you literally read it out as "thirteen-comma-four-eight-seven-point-zero-nine".

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2022, 12:21 am

You walk around the house for no reason when you're brushing your teeth.
You end up somewhere else with your toothbrush.
You rinse it in a different sink and put it somewhere so it won't get lost.
It gets lost.
Every. Single. Time.
Therefore, you own about ten toothbrushes.

You try to remember something you were thinking about, ten seconds before.
You scroll back in your memory through about 100 things.
You look at your computer and see about 20 topics have been added in your History.
This all happened in that ten second span.
You still can't remember the thing you were trying to remember.

You need to adjust your ADHD meds by talking to your doctor.
You don't even know if you need more, or less.
You have reminders on your phone, on your planner, and on your to-do lists.
You've forgotten to ring your doctor for two weeks because you keep forgetting.
Yet, it's all you think about.

Your partner calls you "Tigger".
It's not because you are orange, and you don't have any stripes.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2022, 9:39 am

I only see a cigar as a cigar, and prefer to not delve deeper.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2022, 6:06 pm

... today a co-worker asked you why some papers were left by the filing cabinet and you ask "are they W's?" with the small inkling that you walked away from an in-progress task and forgot to return, and the co-worker answers "yes".

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 10:55 am

...you have the creative urge to decorate your pet rat's cage with colourful toys to make it look all pretty, but then you get mad when they chew your lovely artwork that you impulsively spent so much money on. :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 12:32 pm

You keep an alphabetical list of potential Leap Frog answers on your phone, because your mind won’t stop thinking about good word combinations.

You think of Leap Frog answers in your dreams.

When you’re reading a book you stop every paragraph or two, to copy good Leap Frog examples from the book onto your list.

You know that some of the pairings on your phone list have been there since 2019 and you can’t believe the letter combination has never come up.

You scroll back fifty or sixty pages seeing if anyone had that combination and you missed it.

You use mathematics and a calculator to strategize how to get to those letter combinations, and you know the low odds of getting them.

When you’re talking to friends verbally or online you say “OMG that’s a great Leap Frog phrase! I’m going to write that down!”

You’ve thought of Leap Frog answers during sex.