Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ChrisInAustralia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 May 2022, 5:42 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
ChrisInAustralia wrote:
I guess the one dating experience I have that seems worth sharing is that my wife pressured me into an open relationship for 6 months. I HATED it and I gladly closed things again at the start of the year. The point is I went into it assuming that as an Aspie I was weird and no woman would want me. I felt lost at the time but afterwards when I tell single friends of my experience (spoke to about 18 women, mostly positive interactions, met about 8, got on well with all of them, got into basically a relationship with one, which is why the others stayed just friends), they tell me I did pretty well.

So for me it was hugely positive to realise i do have something to offer in this world and that I don't have to assume that if my wife leaves me I will die alone. I wonder how many other autists feel like they aren't viable when the truth is, as a guy, going out there and showing women the most basic kindness and respect is enough to put you ahead of the game.....

I mean, that just seems to me the way people should live their entire lives? How would you look for an intimate partner and not be nice to them?

That is all. No mind games or treat them mean BS.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 10:51 am

ChrisInAustralia wrote:
I guess the one dating experience I have that seems worth sharing is that my wife pressured me into an open relationship for 6 months. I HATED it and I gladly closed things again at the start of the year. The point is I went into it assuming that as an Aspie I was weird and no woman would want me. I felt lost at the time but afterwards when I tell single friends of my experience (spoke to about 18 women, mostly positive interactions, met about 8, got on well with all of them, got into basically a relationship with one, which is why the others stayed just friends), they tell me I did pretty well.

So for me it was hugely positive to realise i do have something to offer in this world and that I don't have to assume that if my wife leaves me I will die alone. I wonder how many other autists feel like they aren't viable when the truth is, as a guy, going out there and showing women the most basic kindness and respect is enough to put you ahead of the game.....

Are you sure this isn't just a humblebrag that you have a wife?

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 12:23 pm

ChrisInAustralia wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:
ChrisInAustralia wrote:

I mean, that just seems to me the way people should live their entire lives? How would you look for an intimate partner and not be nice to them?

That is all. No mind games or treat them mean BS.

It is rather mind boggling.

I keep reading your name as ChristinaAguilera!