Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 5:52 pm

I hope it works and does not backfire for that person.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 7:08 pm

Poor guy

BlossX
Toucan
Toucan

15 May 2022, 7:45 am

So unfair. I hope someone understood the situation for what it really was

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 8:26 am

OMG.

That kind of thing happened so many times when I was still trying to work as an employee.

I'm glad he put up the sign. I hope others do too. Wouldn't it be great if our kind of communication was acknowledged by the rest of the world?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 1:34 pm

I didn't do this sort of thing but at my current job when I had social political hell pouring down on me, along with projects I had to gain knowledge on how to do - on the fly - and fake it like I'd been doing it for years, I had to hold up a little umbrella in what felt like the bottom of King Kong's toilet bowl.

My nonverbal social message was effectively the following:

1) I'm here to get my own paycheck and go home.

2) Despite being competent I'm not here to scalp your paycheck, eat your lunch, or drink your milkshake.

3) I might not share all of the same interests you do, verbatim, or watch all of the same shows. That doesn't mean that I'm either a) a serial killer, b) a cannibal, or c) a pedophile. I won't be coming in on bath salts and eating anyone's face either (again - sorry to let em down). I'm just different-different and until you can effectively find a way to back-stab me out the door (they couldn't in this case) you'll just have to learn to live with it.

Things are going okay enough now, even if drifting a bit aimlessly with respect to the future. I'd still really like to strike it big on my investments and get to a point where my involvement in the work world is purely voluntary and not with someone else's finger on my financial pulse - I need integrity to live and when life is moving from extortion racket to extortion racket little or no integrity is possible other than independent wealth, homelessness, or home steading in Siberia or the Northwest Territory somewhere.

Overall I'd still say I'm a terrible communicator if what's meant by communication is 90% conformity and 10% principles (I can get that first 10% principles stuff pretty easily and maybe some of the overhang).

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin