3 Asian women shot at Dallas hair salon

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 4:38 pm

Police search for suspect accused of shooting 3 Asian women in Texas hair salon

Quote:
Police are searching for a suspect accused of opening fire in a Texas hair salon on Tuesday and shooting three women. According to CBS Dallas, authorities said the three victims are all Korean, but noted there is no indication that the incident was a hate crime.

"It's disturbing that for whatever reason — whether it's an argument or just a disagreement or whatever — for someone to just run up in there and start shooting," Dallas Police Sergeant Warren Mitchell said, according to CBS Dallas.

At around 2:20 p.m. on Wednesday, the Dallas Police Department responded to reports of a shooting at Hair World Salon located in northwest Dallas after witnesses said an unknown man dressed in all black walked into the salon and began shooting. He later fled the scene in an unknown model maroon-colored minivan, authorities said.

Three women were shot and transported to local hospitals. Police said Wednesday night that the victims sustained non-life-threatening injuries.

Officials are still searching for the suspect, who is described as a 5'7" to 5'10" Black man with a thin build and curly medium-length hair as well as a connecting beard.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 5:01 pm

Well at least they didn't die, but I bet it was pretty traumatizing...I hope they find the shooter. And yes a bit curious what the motive may have been.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 5:21 pm

Oh boy! apparently the shooter (a 21 year old female named Joanna Vara) attempted to murder the 3 salon workers over how much they charged for a mani-pedi 8O
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/wo ... t-n1269871
Vara and her 20-year-old sister each got a manicure and pedicure at Katy Nails in Houston on May 29, but started arguing with the owner because they were "unhappy with the price of the services," said a statement from the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

The shooter was caught because she left her phone in the salon

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 5:24 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Oh boy! apparently the shooter (a 21 year old female named Joanna Vara) attempted to murder the 3 salon workers over how much they charged for a mani-pedi 8O
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/wo ... t-n1269871
Vara and her 20-year-old sister each got a manicure and pedicure at Katy Nails in Houston on May 29, but started arguing with the owner because they were "unhappy with the price of the services," said a statement from the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

The shooter was caught because she left her phone in the salon

This was a different case. The shooting in question was in Dallas.

I just hope the Dallas shooting isn't Atlanta 2.0

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 6:51 pm

Oh wow! it must be dangerous to open a nail salon in Texas

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 6:53 pm

The suspect is described as a Black male approximately 5’7” to 5’10”, thin build with curly medium length hair and a connecting beard.