Data From Apps for Monthly Cycles May Be Used Against You.

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 12:46 am

I wonder when they'll invent super-high-testosterone apps for men.
Maybe they could be used to prevent assault and unwanted pregnancies.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 12:51 am

blueroses wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
blueroses wrote:
I recall another user on here who grew up in communist China talking about the government keeping data on people's menstrual cycles and myself and several other people having trouble wrapping our heads around that one.

I don't think that's representative.

Hope not. If I recall, she is a bit older than you, possibly your parent's generation. Maybe she meant it was part of a study or something during that time, rather than something widely done. I have no idea.

I asked two women of the previous generation before replying to her. This sounds like an unusual thing, not a Chinese thing.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 6:59 pm

blueroses wrote:
Maybe I'm asking a stupid question, but how could this data really be used to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt? Cycles can be "off" for so many reasons. Stress, hormonal balances, perimenopause, etc.

I reported over five pregnancies on those apps. I have two living children. To your point it's ridiculous for an authority to pursue what happened to the other three based on an app. I guess it could be used in reverse -- to indicate a "woman of interest" was over 6 weeks pg. The perpetuators of this "witch hunt" are criminal.