Page 19 of 21 [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 May 2022, 9:18 am

I believe he's in Geneva, where he worked as a diplomat.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 10:22 am

I sense, under the present circumstances, that it would be difficult for him to return to Russia.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 11:52 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are countries that are "less perfect" than others, though.

Ammuria is not *that* bad. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 11:54 pm

magz wrote:
And some are accellerating towards even less perfection.

Kudos. :thumright:

Radioactive tea, anyone? :skull:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 11:54 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I sense, under the present circumstances, that it would be difficult for him to return to Russia.

Why would he even try? 8O

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 11:57 pm

Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Depends on your race.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 12:02 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Depends on your race.

The three-legged one? <joke> :mrgreen:

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 12:07 am

Pepe wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Depends on your race.

My race.
Requires higher test scores than whites to get into college. Discrimination that is not taken seriously. And it's been vilified in the media all the time.
The best of us have gone through countless tears to achieve a status similar to that of the white middle class in America.

Who do you think I'm talking about?

You pretend to care that "CCP policies put pressure on Chinese-Australians" to advance your agenda.
But you don't seem to care about real Chinese-Australian thinking, after I posted the relevant survey. Because that doesn't fit your narrative?

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Last edited by SkinnedWolf on 24 May 2022, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 12:17 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Depends on your race.

My race.
Requires higher test scores than whites to get into college. Discrimination that is not taken seriously. And it's been vilified in the media all the time.
The best of us have gone through countless tears to achieve a status similar to that of the white middle class in America.

Who do you think I'm talking about?

I am trying to distract your anger away from me with a joke.
You are being very mean to me. <hug>

My understanding is that the education system in Asia, as a whole, is superior to the west.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 12:22 am

Pepe wrote:

You are speculating that I have anger. But I am just sad.
And you're not wise to joke about my sad content.

No. We have an extremely brutal selection system to "screen" out the hardest and brightest. The cost of education in this process is largely borne by the state. In other words, taxes for all of us.
Then, they went to America and became "smart Asians" and, in general, the middle class. Or even not.

We cannot provide enough tech jobs in our own country. The vast majority of highly educated youngs drown in the most unskilled repetitive work. And that's exactly what my life will be.
Because our technology is blocked. We are only qualified to be the "world factory". Who does it?

You can dance on others wounds indefinitely, while expecting they to still have the most sincere patience and kindness toward you.

Remember, when you forced me to view Falun Gong propaganda, you did not give me the same attitude to the information I pulled from the Chinese embassy archives. You can consider for yourself what this means, there are at least two problems here.
If you refuse to take my information seriously and simply nullify my words with various labels, I will not give it any more.

I have been accused of being a patriarchalist in the TERF community. I have been accused of being a white knight in the male chauvinist community.
I've long been accused of being a traitor by the pro-establishment, and now I'm repeatedly accused of being a "patriot", "believe in the propaganda" or "working for the CCP" on the "external network".
I'm not surprised at all. Humans are interesting. I just feel tired.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 1:14 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Pepe wrote:

You are speculating that I have anger. But I am just sad.
And you're not wise to joke about my sad content.

No. We have an extremely brutal selection system to "screen" out the hardest and brightest. The cost of education in this process is largely borne by the state. In other words, taxes for all of us.
Then, they went to America and became "smart Asians" and, in general, the middle class. Or even not.

We cannot provide enough tech jobs in our own country. The vast majority of highly educated youngs drown in the most unskilled repetitive work. And that's exactly what my life will be.
Because our technology is blocked. We are only qualified to be the "world factory". Who does it?

You can dance on others wounds indefinitely, while expecting they to still have the most sincere patience and kindness toward you.

Remember, when you forced me to view Falun Gong propaganda, you did not give me the same attitude to the information I pulled from the Chinese embassy archives. You can consider for yourself what this means, there are at least two problems here.
If you refuse to take my information seriously and simply nullify my words with various labels, I will not give it any more.

I have been accused of being a patriarchalist in the TERF community. I have been accused of being a white knight in the male chauvinist community.
I've long been accused of being a traitor by the pro-establishment, and now I'm repeatedly accused of being a "patriot", "believe in the propaganda" or "working for the CCP" on the "external network".
I'm not surprised at all. Humans are interesting. I just feel tired.

The problem is, I simply don't understand where you are coming from.
No fault on either side.
Call it a cultural misunderstanding.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 May 2022, 3:05 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Indeed. Who does it?
Who has a power to do this to a huge country?

I'm speaking from a far smaller country, size of Montana, population of Canada. I was 4 when it became a democracy, which meant the whole government and economy had to be redesigned and rebuilt, in a rather painful but largely welcome process.
All my life experience was that of change. In a way, it's a great advantage of East Europeans from my generation: we are adapted to living with constant changes. That's the only reality we know. And these changes are, overall, often not bad.

Now, being still poorer than West Europe, we're an European factory of furniture, buses, cosmetics, medicine and anything that for any reason is prefered not to be outsourced to Asia. And we're a big agricultural contributor. And we're an IT power, with both local companies and global giants. The market is very flexible, which was visible in the way it suddenly switched to online shopping during covid.
There's plenty of issues and problems but in general, no one feels like their future is predestined. Actually, the feeling is, everyone's future is unknown, so let's try to avoid risks and spot opportunities.

Why such a difference? Culture? Internal politics? External politics? A mix?

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 3:44 am

magz wrote:
Why such a difference? Culture? Internal politics? External politics? A mix?

The cultural inclination is that the Chinese, especially those who excel in education, prefer a step-by-step program. For example, passing a tough exam for some kind of success. It's not healthy, but it's what our culture and our education system fosters.
And, because it usually takes a fair amount of hard work and talent to get the good qualifications one has, usually well-educated Chinese students don't want to change careers unless they have to.
This has led to horrific internal competition in some industries, if the industry itself is constrained.And in the context of low management level and unsound labor laws, this competition has turned into a competition of working hours/workload.

Regarding political factors, different factions have different interpretations or different rankings.
According to the current triadic taxonomy of the political debate field, I belong to the "True Left"/"Left". This is one of two anti-establishment factions. It is also the smallest.
The other faction is called "Shen" and has quite a mix of genres including reverse-nationalism (in extreme cases, mixed neo-nazi, This means they are interested in slaughtering Chinese of other factions.), anarchism, neoliberalism. But the main body seems to be all groups that are anti-establishment but do not support the economic left. Their main research direction is how to immigrate. A few will study how to obtain foreign support.
Pro-establishment factions collectively referred to as "Rabbit/Pink".

The focus of the "left" is that it is domestic exploitation and international exploitation at the same time.
That is, developed countries reap global benefits through international brands to support their own living standards and scientific research, while intentionally or unintentionally suppressing developing countries to build their own brands. And a brand with barriers usually needs the support of technology. It's actually a bit like intergenerational exploitation that happens on an international level. Developing countries with "economic miracles" are actually the result of squeezing cheap labor. This pattern is evident throughout East Asia. With independent technology, the situation of workers will be improved.
The low labor hours in developed countries are essentially due to having more international brands per capita in order to harvest benefits from other countries and then pass on labor hours to developing countries. China's 1.3 billion people to join this model will be a subversion of the world's finance.
But technology is not the focus of the "Left" now, I did not study it in detail.

I didn't delve into the "Rabbit" claim. My impression of their claims and my research on national planning is that:
In the context of the trade friction between China and the United States, due to the technological blockade by external forces, domestic technological breakthroughs and industrial upgrading have been significantly blocked, which is a direct result of the cut-off of foreign key core technologies.
China is trying to solve these key technologies on its own to complete "industrial upgrading". But these R&Ds require a lot of investment and may require a long wait. Before that, China could only complete low-value-added parts that consume a lot of labor, and high-value-added parts that required technology could only rely on imports.
This faction believes that the United States will not allow Asian/Europe countries to exceed a certain ceiling, a pattern that has happened in Japan in the past. Plaza Accord. So Japan has a "lost thirty years".

When China's Huawei/5G and DJI were sanctioned/rejected, the claims of the two factions overlapped, even though the "Left" and "Rabbit" were adversaries. There are no more high-tech brands with potential in China.

Last edited by SkinnedWolf on 24 May 2022, 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 May 2022, 4:01 am

I don't know if barriers to chip production really require anyone's action.

High-tech chips are, AFAIK, produced only in four places: Taiwan, USA, Japan and Korea (correct me if I'm wrong).
It's a pretty exclusive club. Even Germany, with their enormous economy, already established semicunductor industry and generally being no strangers to high-tech, is only planning to build a factory in their country.
These factories are enormous investments, little can afford the risk of funding them when things can go wrong for any reason.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 4:05 am

magz wrote:
High-tech chips are, AFAIK, produced only in four places: Taiwan, USA, Japan and Korea.

This is accurate. And those four parts, in some senses, are all USA.
That is, this can be used to suppress any country that needs to be suppressed.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 May 2022, 4:18 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
magz wrote:
High-tech chips are, AFAIK, produced only in four places: Taiwan, USA, Japan and Korea.
This is accurate. And those four parts, in some senses, are all USA.
That is, this can be used to suppress any country that needs to be suppressed.
Global world is not just USA. Of course USA is the biggest military and economy there but it's not a top-down hierarchy.
Chip factories are so expensive that very little can afford them and they are made in places investors find controllable by them, with low risk of e.g. local governments behaving unpredictably and cutting the investors out.

Other industries are easier to develop. Poland has no high tech chips factories but e.g. a lot of local chemical and cosmetic industry.