10 killed in Buffalo in act of white supremacist terrorism

Page 1 of 11 [ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 6:59 pm

10 dead, suspect arrested in mass shooting at supermarket

Quote:
A gunman wearing military gear and livestreaming with a helmet camera opened fire with a rifle at a Buffalo, New York, supermarket in what authorities described as “racially motived violent extremism,” killing 10 people and wounding three others Saturday before he surrendered, authorities said.

Police officials said the gunman, who also wore body armor in addition to military-style clothing, pulled up in the afternoon and opened fire amid shoppers at a Tops Friendly Market, the shooting streamed via a camera affixed to the man’s helmet.

“He exited his vehicle. He was very heavily armed. He had tactical gear. He had a tactical helmet on. He had a camera that he was livestreaming what he was doing,” city Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said at a news conference afterward.

Gramaglia said the gunman initially shot four people outside the store, three fatally. Inside the store, a security guard who was a retired Buffalo police officer fired multiple shots at the gunman and struck him, but the bullet hit the gunman’s bulletproof vest and had no effect, Gramaglia added. The commissioner said the gunman then killed the security guard.

Video also captured the suspect as he walked into the supermarket where he shot several other victims inside, according to authorities.

Police said 11 of the victims were Black and two are white. The supermarket is in a predominantly Black neighborhood a few miles (kilometers) north of downtown Buffalo.

Gramaglia said Buffalo police entered the store and confronted the gunman in the vestibule.

“At that point the suspect put the gun to his own neck. Buffalo police personnel -- two patrol officers -- talked the suspect into dropping the gun. He dropped the gun, took off some of his tactical gear, surrendered at that point. And he was led outside, put in a police car,” he said.

The suspected gunman was later identified as Payton Gendron, 18, of Conklin, a New York state community about 200 miles (320 kilometers) southeast of Buffalo, two law enforcement officials told The Associated Press.

At the news briefing, Erie County Sheriff John Garcia pointedly called the shooting a hate crime.

“This was pure evil. It was straight up racially motivated hate crime from somebody outside of our community, outside of the City of Good neighbors ... coming into our community and trying to inflict that evil upon us,” Garcia said.

Braedyn Kephart and Shane Hill, both 20, pulled into the parking lot just as the shooter was exiting. They described him as a white male in his late teens or early twenties sporting full camo, a black helmet and what appeared to be a rifle.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 14 May 2022, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 7:10 pm

Expect the loony right to start spouting conspiracy theories about it being a false flag operation. And as there's a racial element to this crime, expect said right wing loons to get defensive about their "replacement theory" horse manure.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 8:27 pm

The same people who told me I need to be scared of Islamic terrorism are actually by far the most severe terrorist threat.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 9:04 pm

How do Americans not live in total fear of even being outside from all these mass shootings?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 9:06 pm

We have to manage, somehow…..

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 9:49 pm

Another Dylan Roof? sounds like he planned this, livestreamed his killing mothers and children on twitch.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 10:25 pm

Buffalo shooter Payton Gendron posted white supremacist manifesto

Quote:
The teenager accused of killing 10 people in the Buffalo supermarket massacre posted a rambling white supremacist manifesto only that spewed a racist philosophy and outlined his plans step by step.

Payton Gendron, who officials said traveled “several hours” claimed in a 180-page diatribe that he was “radicalized” on the internet while he was bored during the early days of the pandemic, not by any people he has met personally.

Through his “research,” the self-described white supremacist and anti-Semite came to see low white birth rates around the world as a “crisis” that “will ultimately result in the complete racial and cultural replacement of the European people.”

Of course how is one expected to kill another without a weapon? I will be using firearms
as my primary weapon for this attack. Why? Because they work. There are very few weapons
that are easier to use, accessible, and effective at killing than firearms. The weapons I will be
using for this attack are a Bushmaster XM-15, Mossberg 500, and a Savage Axis XP.

If there's one thing I want you to get from these writings, it's that White birth rates must
change. Everyday the White population becomes fewer in number. To maintain a population the
people must achieve a birth rate that reaches replacement fertility levels, in the western world
that is about 2.06 births per woman.

He mentioned other racially motivated killings and said he “mostly agreed” with Brenton Harrison Tarrant, who livestreamed his own attack that killed 51 people attending a New Zealand mosque in March 2019.

He said he started planning the attack in January and chose the Tops Supermarket in Buffalo because “it has the highest black population percentage” by Zip code and it wasn’t far away from his Southern Tier home. A section of the manifesto details his step-by-step plans for the day, including the corned beef hash he would eat for breakfast, how he would drive to Buffalo and scout out the supermarket, the way he would wear his body armor and carry his gun and how he would post a livestream online.

He allegedly carried out the attack at 3 p.m. instead of the planned 4 p.m. The madman also stopped his attack before a planned rampage through the neighborhood.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 14 May 2022, 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 10:27 pm

Total gun ban now!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 10:45 pm

Not sure why internet right wing platforms are allowed to flourish under the guise of free speech but islamic ones are removed.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 8:03 am

https://heavy.com/news/payton-gendron/

Quote:
A disturbing video emerged that may show the suspect driving up to the Tops store.

A more graphic video emerged showing bodies on the ground. Heavy is not embedding that video because it is so graphic. The graphic video showed the suspect being taken into custody by law enforcement officers.

Facebook and other social media pages for Payton Gendron could not immediately be found by Heavy or were deleted either before or after the shooting.

Gendron, born June 20, 2003, is also seen in photos on his father’s Facebook page. He has two younger brothers and was born and raised in Conklin, New York, in Broome according to his parents’ social media pages. He attended school in the Susquehanna Valley Central School District. He was also a former student at the State University of New York (SUNY) Broome Community College, but details about when exactly he studied there were not immediately available, college officials said.

According to the Buffalo News, Gendron was previously investigated by police in June 2021. Broome County officials said students at a local high school reported he had threatened violence while talking to other students.

“A school official reported that this very troubled young man had made statements indicating that he wanted to do a shooting, either at a graduation ceremony, or sometime after,” an unnamed government official told the Buffalo News. New York State Police investigated and Gendron was referred for a mental health evaluation and counseling, the newspaper reports.

The manifesto fixates on mass immigration.

“Mass immigration and the higher fertility rates of the immigrants themselves are causing this increase in population. We are experiencing an invasion on a level never seen before in history,” it says. “Millions of people pouring across our borders, legally. Invited by the state and corporate entities to replace the White people who have failed to reproduce, failed to create the cheap labor, failed to create new consumers and tax base that the corporations and states need to have to thrive.”

It continues, “This crisis of mass immigration and sub-replacement fertility is an assault on the European people that, if not combated, will ultimately result in the complete racial and cultural replacement of the European people.”

The manifesto, which refers to “white genocide,” contains a name and says that the author is “18 years old as of writing this. I am the sole perpetrator of the recent attempted mass shooting. I lived in Southern Tier, New York all my life with both my parents and 2 brothers. I believe I am ethnically white since my parent’s nationalities are from north-western Europe and Italy. I graduated highschool with a regents diploma with advanced designation and am currently enrolled in SUNY Broome with a major in Engineering Science.”

It continues, “I would love to continue this but there are bigger problems I’m more concerned with. I am not a warfighter, nor have I been enrolled in any military or tactical training, so excuse any mistakes I make during my attack. I was never diagnosed with a mental disability or disorder, and I believe to be perfectly sane.”

He claimed to be an “INTJ” personality type and included photos of a fake active shooter that often circulate online after mass shootings. The manifesto contains many pages of anti-Jewish memes and graphics.

manifesto states:

Why did you decide to carry out the attack?

To show to the replacers that as long as the White man lives, our land will never be theirs and they will never be safe from us.

To directly reduce immigration rates to European lands by intimidating and physically removing the replacers themselves.

To intimidate the replacers already living on our lands to emigrate back to their home countries.

To agitate the political enemies of my people into action, to cause them to overextend their own hand and experience the eventual and inevitable backlash as a result.

To incite violence, retaliation and further divide between the European people and the replacers currently occupying European soil…

To add momentum to the pendulum swings of history, further destabilizing and polarizing Western society in order to eventually destroy the current nihilistic, hedonistic, individualistic insanity that has taken control of Western thought.

The manifesto answers the question, “Why did you choose firearms?” by saying, “Because they work, there are very few weapons that are easier to use and more effective at killing than firearms, especially the Bushmaster XM-15 I will be using. The effect it would have on social discourse, the extra media coverage they would provide, and the changes to gun
laws that will be pushed will all help my case.”

In another chilling passage, he writes, “Why did you choose (REDACTED) for the place of attack?” and explains,

(REDACTED) has the highest black population percentage (zip code *****) and isn’t that far away. Plus NY has heavy gun laws so it would ease me if I knew that any legally armed civilian was limited to 10 round magazines or cucked firearms. I replaced the name of the city to redacted because I’d prefer that the FBI and local police don’t know until the attack has started. After the attack can somebody switch it over plz?

The portions of the stream viewed by Heavy show the gunman driving up to the store. He can then be seen shooting the first people he sees outside of the store as he walks inside. The video shows Gendron’s gun has “14” written on it in white. According to his manifesto, that his a reference to a white supremacist slogan.

The shooter can then be seen walking into the store and shooting two people who appeared to be trying to get to cover. The suspect can then be seen stopping in an aisle to reload his rifle and then shooting a wounded woman in the head. After shooting another person near cash registers, the suspect points his gun at a white man. The suspect apologizes, saying “sorry,” and walking away from him without shooting him

The suspect also possibly plotted out his attack on a private Discord server that he then shared with acquaintances just hours before the shooting, according to Twitter user “@JoMiMi_h,” who shared a screenshot of the Discord just after the shooting and before Gendron was named as the suspect.

A former classmate told Daily Mail Gendron once wore a hazmat suit to school for a week. He created a “Hitler-esque” government for a school assignment, the site reported, adding that his parents are both civil engineers.

The Twitter user wrote, “One of my friends on Discord knew the guy a bit; they hadn’t contacted eachother for months until he got an invite to a server. He accepted and found this.” The screenshots show a to-do list with posts dating from March 5, 2022, to May 12, 2022, and include tasks like cleaning his AR-15 rifle, finishing his manifesto, writing a goodbye list, testing his Twitch stream and, in his final post, gluing his helmet-mounted camera to his helmet.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 8:06 am

Found some YouTube comments calling him a hero, saying his manifesto says he's "Leftwing Authoritarian, and something about the media being silent about a black shooter in a subway.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 9:51 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
Found some YouTube comments calling him a hero, saying his manifesto says he's "Leftwing Authoritarian, and something about the media being silent about a black shooter in a subway.

While I agree that traditional media often downplays(not completely ignores) facts inconvenient to a liberal/progressive agenda a “whatabout” comparison to the Brooklyn Subway mass shooting is completely off base. The Subway shooters goal was to kill as many people as possible he did not care who they were. The Buffalo shooter spent the time and effort to write 180 pages about why he wanted to kill as many black people as possible.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 11:33 am

A White teen traveled to a predominantly Black area of Buffalo and killed 10 people in a supermarket, authorities say

Quote:
New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said the AR-15 used in the shooting was purchased legally in a gun store in New York state but was illegally modified with a high-capacity magazine.

"What has made this so lethal, and so devastating for this community, was the high-capacity magazine that would have had to have been purchased elsewhere, that's not legal in the state of New York," she said.

Hochul also told George Stephanopoulos on ABC's "This Week" on Sunday that the suspect was "on the radar" of law enforcement.
"Just as a high school student with respect to something he wrote in high school and was under surveillance at the time with medical authorities," she said. "But I'm going to be investigating that very question, George. I want to know what people knew, and when they knew it, and calling upon our law enforcement as well as our social media platforms."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 4:21 pm

Authorities said Gendron recently purchased the weapons he used in the shooting. The semiautomatic gun that Gendron used had a racial epithet spelled out in white paint on the barrel, and also the number 14, a government official said.

The number reportedly refers to a 14-word statement attributed to a white supremacist terror organisation.

In addition to the semiautomatic weapon, Gendron also had a hunting rifle and a shotgun, which were recently purchased legally, according to police.

Classmates said that he often acted strangely at times and espoused extremist views on politics. One former student claimed that Gendron wore a hazmat suit to school for a week to protect himself from Covid last year, the Daily Mail reports.

“It was the most extra thing that I ever saw him do,” the source, who asked not to be named, said.

The gunman, who was wearing body armour and a helmet, was arrested after the massacre, Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia told a news conference.

Mr Gramaglia put the toll at 10 dead and three wounded. Eleven of the victims were African-Americans.
US media outlets have reported officials are investigating a detailed “manifesto” posted online before the shooting, in which the suspect outlines his plans and racial conspiracy thiery backed motivations for the attack.

Quoting from the manifesto,The New York Timesreported the suspect had been “inspired” by white supremacist acts of violence, including the massacre of 51 Muslims in Christchurch, New Zealand in March 2019.

Byron Brown, the mayor of Buffalo – which is located in western New York State, along the US border with Canada – said the shooter “travelled hours from outside this community to perpetrate this crime.”

Why are the authorities still "investigating if it's a hate crime" ? the teen lives in a predominantly white neighborhood and travels several hours to a predominately black neighbourhood to perpetrate his crime? Are the local police really that stupid?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 4:24 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:

The victims are black. I assume many white republicans will blame the victims.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 7:14 pm

Told you they'd get around to this:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rac ... 56880.html