Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 3:47 pm

ScroogeMcDuck666 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ScroogeMcDuck666 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Scrooge-

There are loons on the political and religious right who used the "Obama is a Muslim" rumor to cut Obama and the Democrats down. The effort to promote this lie amounts to a conspiracy, as more than one person had devised and carried out this scheme.

No

Just out of interest... what is your take on the "Obama is a Muslim" notion?

I don't have one. I haven't looked in to it.

There's nothing to look into. Obama's father had been raised a Muslim, but he became an atheist as an adult. While his mother (who eventually divorced his father) was a Christian, he had been raised without religion. As an adult, he was convinced to attend a liberal/mainline church, which he found to be a good fit and something he could believe in. So, no, he isn't a Muslim.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 3:50 pm

Obama is somewhat of a "born-again" Christian.

He was raised secular by his mother and his grandparents. He also lived in Indonesia for a while with a secular Muslim man and his mother. I'm not sure if his mother was an atheist----but at the most, I find that she was similar to someone like Thomas Jefferson, who believed God "started things off," then withdrew from all human affairs.

Barack became, actually, more religious than his mother.

He was born in a hospital in Honolulu. His mother was an American citizen, and he was born in the USA----so he's automatically an American citizen from birth.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 20 May 2022, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScroogeMcDuck666
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2022, 3:57 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ScroogeMcDuck666 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ScroogeMcDuck666 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Scrooge-

There are loons on the political and religious right who used the "Obama is a Muslim" rumor to cut Obama and the Democrats down. The effort to promote this lie amounts to a conspiracy, as more than one person had devised and carried out this scheme.

No

Just out of interest... what is your take on the "Obama is a Muslim" notion?

I don't have one. I haven't looked in to it.

There's nothing to look into. Obama's father had been raised a Muslim, but he became an atheist as an adult. While his mother (who eventually divorced his father) was a Christian, he had been raised without religion. As an adult, he was convinced to attend a liberal/mainline church, which he found to be a good fit and something he could believe in. So, no, he isn't a Muslim.

Interesting. It really doesn't matter if he was Muslim or not once he won the election. If the peasants want to destroy their own country, there's no way you can stop them without overthrowing democracy, which would have the same effect anyway.