Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 7:00 am

Surging GOP candidate Kathy Barnette has long history of bigoted statements against gays and Muslims

Quote:
Surging Pennsylvania GOP Senate candidate Kathy Barnette has a history of anti-Muslim and anti-gay statements. In many tweets, Barnette also spread the false conspiracy theory that former President Barack Obama is a Muslim.

In one speech uploaded to YouTube in 2015, Barnette forcefully argued it was OK to discriminate against Muslims and compared rejecting Islam to "... rejecting Hitler's or Stalin's worldviews." In comments on her radio show, she said accepting homosexuality would lead to the accepting of incest and pedophilia. One post she wrote called a transgender person "deformed" and "demonic."

Barnette surged in recent polls in the upcoming Pennsylvania Republican US Senate primary, putting her in a dead heat between Donald Trump-endorsed former TV star Mehmet Oz and former hedge fund manager David McCormick. The Pennsylvania Senate seat is one of the one of the best pickup opportunities for Democrats this November, and Barnette's sudden, rapid rise is causing worry among Trump allies.

Barnette has had a quick and unpredicted rise in the polls ahead of next Tuesday's primary. She is best known as an Army Reserves veteran and conservative political commentator who regularly appeared on Fox, and previously she was the host of a Christian radio show called "Truth Exchange," which also had a website where she sometimes blogged. She previously ran for Congress in 2020 in Pennsylvania's 4th Congressional District but lost to Democratic Rep. Madeleine Dean.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 1:28 am

Well, she just got her backside handed to her in the Republican primary. But the bad news is, the guy who won the primary is almost as much of a nutcase.

ScroogeMcDuck666
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2022, 11:14 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
In many tweets, Barnette also spread the false conspiracy theory that former President Barack Obama is a Muslim.

How is his being a Muslim a conspiracy theory? It only involves one person.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 11:23 pm

ScroogeMcDuck666 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
In many tweets, Barnette also spread the false conspiracy theory that former President Barack Obama is a Muslim.

Because millions of people buy into that idea that Obama is a Muslim (he isn't), thinking it has negative implications for the country.

ScroogeMcDuck666
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2022, 11:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ScroogeMcDuck666 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Because millions of people buy into that idea that Obama is a Muslim (he isn't), thinking it has negative implications for the country.

The theory itself would have to involve multiple people conspiring. The number of people that believe the theory is irrelevant. For instance, if I were a famous person that may or may not have committed a murder and millions of people believed that I had committed it, those millions of people that believe it don't make it a conspiracy theory, it's just a regular theory. That theory could only be a conspiracy theory if I had conspired with a friend to commit that murder.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 11:37 pm

ScroogeMcDuck666 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ScroogeMcDuck666 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

The theory itself would have to involve multiple people conspiring. The number of people that believe the theory is irrelevant. For instance, if I were a famous person that may or may not have committed a murder and millions of people believed that I had committed it, those millions of people that believe it don't make it a conspiracy theory, it's just a regular theory. That theory could only be a conspiracy theory if I had conspired with a friend to commit that murder.

Oh, they think Obama and the Democrat establishment have conspired to keep his "Muslim faith" hidden, in order to destroy America and Christianity by promoting Islam and atheism (I know, that hardly makes any sense).

ScroogeMcDuck666
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2022, 11:44 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ScroogeMcDuck666 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ScroogeMcDuck666 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Oh, they think Obama and the Democrat establishment have conspired to keep his "Muslim faith" hidden, in order to destroy America and Christianity by promoting Islam and atheism (I know, that hardly makes any sense).

That's not what they said. They said his being a Muslim was a conspiracy theory. If they had said something like "Barnette also spread the false conspiracy theory that Obama and/or the Democrat establishment hid President Barack Obama's belief in Islam.", that would make sense because what they would have been referring to would have been a conspiracy theory. While an individual choosing to believe in Islam, is not.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 1:08 am

Quote:
... Barnette also spread the false conspiracy theory that ...

Aha! Did you see how they said "false conspiracy theory" - if no conspiracy theories were true they wouldn't have had to specify that one as false now would they ...
:wink: :roll: :lol:

And in other news, I went playing in Google to refresh my memory on the Obama is Muslim thing,
whaaaat ... ???
Apparently it wasn't just American Republicans; I didn't see that one coming.
From 2016,
Quote:
This week, as the Obama administration announced that it was lifting sanctions on Iran as a result of a U.S.-led nuclear deal with Tehran reached in July, Dhahi Khalfan Tamim, the head of general security for the emirate of Dubai, suggested that Obama's "Shiite roots" had helped him get elected in a bid to bring the United States and Iran closer.

Quote:
Last year, a video featuring former Iraqi member of parliament Taha al-Lahibi appeared online and showed Lahibi reasoning that Obama's "Shiite background" had led him to work with Iran. Around the same time, Syrian writer Muhydin Lazikani told the London-based al-Hiwar television channel that Obama was the "son of a Shiite Kenyan father." The rumor goes back as far as the 2008 election, when state-run Iranian papers published articles that suggested Obama was a Shiite Muslim. There were even celebrations in Iraq's Shiite strongholds when he won the election in November 2008.

"Many people felt, Now we have a brother in the White House," one resident of Sadr City, a Shiite enclave in Baghdad, told Time magazine shortly after.

Source:
The ‘Obama is a Muslim’ conspiracy theory is still reverberating in the Middle East
By Adam Taylor
January 21, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. EST
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... ddle-east/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 1:58 am

The theory is that he was chosen from birth or before birth by the deep state/global elite to be the disruptor and destroyer of Judeo-Christion America.

The theory is insane because in 1961 when he was born the idea that a black person never mind a black Muslim would become President was unthinkable to people of all political stripes.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 2:26 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Quote:
... Barnette also spread the false conspiracy theory that ...

Aha! Did you see how they said "false conspiracy theory" - if no conspiracy theories were true they wouldn't have had to specify that one as false now would they ...
:wink: :roll: :lol:

And in other news, I went playing in Google to refresh my memory on the Obama is Muslim thing,
whaaaat ... ???
Apparently it wasn't just American Republicans; I didn't see that one coming.
From 2016,
Quote:
This week, as the Obama administration announced that it was lifting sanctions on Iran as a result of a U.S.-led nuclear deal with Tehran reached in July, Dhahi Khalfan Tamim, the head of general security for the emirate of Dubai, suggested that Obama's "Shiite roots" had helped him get elected in a bid to bring the United States and Iran closer.

Quote:
Last year, a video featuring former Iraqi member of parliament Taha al-Lahibi appeared online and showed Lahibi reasoning that Obama's "Shiite background" had led him to work with Iran. Around the same time, Syrian writer Muhydin Lazikani told the London-based al-Hiwar television channel that Obama was the "son of a Shiite Kenyan father." The rumor goes back as far as the 2008 election, when state-run Iranian papers published articles that suggested Obama was a Shiite Muslim. There were even celebrations in Iraq's Shiite strongholds when he won the election in November 2008.

"Many people felt, Now we have a brother in the White House," one resident of Sadr City, a Shiite enclave in Baghdad, told Time magazine shortly after.

Source:
The ‘Obama is a Muslim’ conspiracy theory is still reverberating in the Middle East
By Adam Taylor
January 21, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. EST
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... ddle-east/

Goes to show you, lunacy extends beyond American shores.
Incidentally, even though Obama's father had been born into the Muslim faith, he chose to be an atheist as an adult.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 2:30 am

Scrooge-

There are loons on the political and religious right who used the "Obama is a Muslim" rumor to cut Obama and the Democrats down. The effort to promote this lie amounts to a conspiracy, as more than one person had devised and carried out this scheme.

ScroogeMcDuck666
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2022, 3:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Scrooge-

There are loons on the political and religious right who used the "Obama is a Muslim" rumor to cut Obama and the Democrats down. The effort to promote this lie amounts to a conspiracy, as more than one person had devised and carried out this scheme.

No

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 4:05 am

ScroogeMcDuck666 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Scrooge-

No

Just out of interest... what is your take on the "Obama is a Muslim" notion?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 8:32 am

Look, it's easy to see why people would think Obama was a muslim.

Full name: Barrack Hussein Obama

The former dictator of Iraq: Saddam Hussein.

Also Obama rhymes with Osama.

It's just a coincidence. Nothing more.

And his administration came and went harmlessly.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 8:46 am

A GOP candidate has long history of bigoted statements?

Really?  :roll:  Well, surprise, surprise!

It makes me think that expressing bigotry is a pre-requisite for joining the Republican party.

ScroogeMcDuck666
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2022, 11:40 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ScroogeMcDuck666 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Scrooge-

No

Just out of interest... what is your take on the "Obama is a Muslim" notion?

I don't have one. I haven't looked in to it.