Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 11:20 am

I have way too much empathy and remorse to have Antisocial Personality Disorder, I just have symptoms of Conduct Disorder that started to like Antisocial Personality Disorder, although I don't break the laws as I did throughout my childhood, and I don't have criminal records. The only problem is I express too much empathy and remorse, that it could lead to criminal behaviors as well, such as what I talked about here today.

I was wrong, I don't have Antisocial Personality Disorder at all.

But, I feel scared what I am able to do, to cross my moral line and legal line, with too much empathy and remorse.

TimS1980
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 May 2022, 8:30 am

I'm 4 years in on my journey of mature autism reflection, but I've also had a crash course in Personality Disorders, courtesy of my wife's behaviors.

So, I write this reply with a full grasp of the import of what you are saying.

My main reaction is, let's expect you are right and you don't have aspd. I'd rate this as the more likely prospect, but I'm not a clinician and I'm not there.

Even, especially, if you don't have aspd, this is a time to make sure you are getting good enough therapy to examine and properly dispense with this prospect, and everything that brought you to considering it.

Are you seeing a clinical psychologist? Autism specialization is usually most critical, and is still useful, but knowledge of PDs is also hugely important for this case.

Pauuulrich
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 May 2022, 9:20 am

For me it was like that growing up, it's hard to perceive the world.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 9:21 am

I sometimes talk to my school psychologist and psychiatrist.

TimS1980
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 May 2022, 12:29 pm

FranzOren wrote:
I sometimes talk to my school psychologist and psychiatrist.

Hm yep, probably not enough.

Psychiatry is really just a different profession, and the school psychologist, guessing they don't have the extra distinction of clinical psychologist, or enough specialization.

There's a process you could run which might get you some superior help.

First, find the state/country registering body for psychologists.

Second, list all nearby psychologists, filtering to clinical psychologists if possible

Third, check website staff bios and eliminate all who aren't clinical psychologist or don't have the wanted specializations.

Fourth, try and get in with one of the good ones. You might be able to talk to the school psychologist, or a GP, about a referral.

Not knowing how old you are, does that seem practical?

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 12:35 pm

That definitely makes sense. I agree.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 1:38 pm

What if I don't have Conduct Disorder Unspecified, but it was actually Bipolar Disorder that was not diagnosed until age 15?

I realize and anylyzed my whole childhood and found out that, I had some antisocial traits and then those traits disappeared, and cried for no reason, and that cycles repeatedly and feels chronic. I also had severe hallucinations of imaginary friends. I had anosognosia until I was 13 years old, and that is when I found out that I developed traits of Cyclothymic Disorder.

At the age of 13, I became from too happy to having anger problems and arguing with coaches in sports club, had mild delusion of granduer and thought I was always right.

My symptoms of Cyclothymic Disorder without treatment turned into profound mania, and profound depression and severe delusions of paranoid and grandiose in nature, and was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder with psychotic features in ICD-10. As soon I started taking medications, I went from profound mania and profound depression to having symptoms of Cyclothymic Disorder and it became fixed, and stable.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 4:47 pm

I told my psychologist and police about my anger issues and issues related to Bipolar Disorder.

I seem to speak rationally and clearly that he determined that I am not risky enough to myself to go to mental hospital, and he suggested a mental health program that is free and available at school to do talk therapy.

I am so amazed, because I am having serious mental health crisis, but to a milder degree.

I sometimes have mild hallucinations though, I know that my hallucinations is not real though. Am I still psychotic?