I am not human, and I'm glad

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 12:05 pm

According to the experts, humans are social by nature. Humans *need* to be around other humans and be well-liked by them, and depend on each other. If these needs are not met, the human develops serious mental problems and may even seek out the company of humans that are cruel and abusive because they would rather receive negative attention than none at all.

Since I can go for days at a time without being around other humans and do not crave their company, and on the rare times that I do it's only because I desire things such as food, money, and transportation, that can only mean that I am not a human. Good. Why would I want to spend life begging pathetically on my knees for humans to spend time with me, anyway? That's just pitiful. People who can do things alone and enjoy it are the real "cool" people. 8)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 1:10 pm

You still are a human. Not all humans need social interaction all the time. Some NTs with social anxiety, depression, BPD or are introverted often are happy in their own company.

Even if we don't feel like social creatures, we still are. The intention of posting about this here on the internet is actually your human nature kicking in. It's some form of social interaction. We humans do it in all different ways.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 1:17 pm

My read on it - self awareness of the sort that would want to shelter itself from general / global insanity isn't expedient to the flow of Darwinian evolution. What this seems to mean - the less conscious and less self-reflective you are the more likely you are to procreate successfully and bring people even less self-aware into the world.

It's like we're grabbing on to our own life rafts and watching some sort of new emerging super-organism aggregate the cells that will make up it's future body. It has too much Human Centipede or Borg flavor for my liking.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 2:15 pm

I think I get the OP's sentiment. I have been bullied and harassed all my life. I used to feel sad and alone. Now I've been alone for so long that I'm used to being alone. I've lost the feeling of sadness about it. I actually feel very peaceful and happy being alone, not having to deal with people's malicious words and actions.

I love living in an urban area because I can live rather anonymously without knowing my next door neighbors and have easy access to shopping centers, where I can get all I need to live happily.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 8:34 pm

Philosopher Jean Paul Sartre said if you’re lonely when your alone you’re in bad company.

I get it now.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 9:00 am

Not human either.Nasty creatures.Best to stay away from them.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 6:24 pm

Yeah they ain’t very nice these days.