Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

femmecesare
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2022, 3:10 pm

My name is Scarlett but I also go by Sal. My pronouns are she/her, he/him, and ze/hir. I'm genderqueer, and a femme lesbian. I haven't been diagnosed with autism, but I really think I might be autistic. I've been researching autism for over two years now, and I think it explains a lot of things about me which I've struggled with from my early childhood, even before I developed mental illnesses when I was around the time I was 12.

Hobbies and Interests: I love music, I love to play the ukulele and I'm trying to teach myself the guitar and the piano. I'd love to learn the banjo, too. I like to draw and paint but I'm not very good at it. I also sew occasionally.

Favorite music: I LOVE Will Wood (and the Tapeworms). I've been obsessed with Will Wood for about a year and a half now. A lot of his music really resonates with me. Some people think his stuff is just dumb theater kid cringe, but I think the first two Tapeworms albums are incredible. They're like. The psychedelic-psychological-severely-mentally-ill-dark-cabaret lovechild of Oingo Boingo and Tom Waits. Speaking of which, Tom Waits is another of my favorite musicians. I love his voice and I love the sound of his weird junkyard percussion and I'm pretty much obsessed with all his post Heart Attack and Vine albums (including The Black Rider. I will defend that album until the day I die).
I also love a lot of more folksy stuff. Joanna Newsom is another of my favorite artists. I also love her voice and I think she's an amazing lyricist and playing her songs on the ukulele is so much fun. I'm working on eventually making a full album cover of Ys. I also really like AJJ, Harley Poe, Days N' Daze, Stick and Poke, Kimya Dawson, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Music Tapes, The Scary Jokes, and Vashti Bunyan.

Books: I've been getting kind of into beat literature lately. I find William S. Burroughs fascinating and reading (well, listening to) his books feels like both a puzzle, a psychoanalytical session, and a strange, out of body experience.

TV shows/Movies: I just finished What We Do in the Shadows, I really loved it. My favorite show is Over the Garden Wall, and I like Wes Anderson movies. I want to get into horror, because I love the aesthetics of horror, but I get scared very easily. If you have recommendations, especially body horror type stuff, or more surreal movies like Eraserhead.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 4:28 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

There is an LGBTQ+ forum here on Wrong Planet for anyone who openly identifies as LGBTQ+.

SpiralingCrow
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 6:23 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

If you're really into body horror, you must check out films by David Cronenberg or "new French extremity" films from between 2000-10.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 10:04 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you like it here...and stay, with or without a diagnosis.

In your research on Autism I hope you found these two online quizzes:
<=>- Autism-Spectrum Quotient Test
<=>- Aspie-Quiz Registering is optional!
They can't give you a diagnosis but might reinforce your assessment of yourself.

And What We Do in the Shadows is great fun, both the movie and the TV series. :thumright:

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 10:11 pm

Mae Govannen, Scarlet. :)