Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Polynechramorph
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 May 2022, 8:40 am

There is only one sticker which I feel is acceptable. The ones I stick to the windscreens of stupidly parked cars. "Learn how to Park!"

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2022, 11:11 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
It depends on context.

In the situations described by OP I dislike stickers.

I like stickers on guitars. I like stickers on cars.

I have stickers on my laptop but they're the smoothy kind that can come off.

Stickers are fun when I get to choose them and put them where I want.

The ones inflicted upon us are pure hell. 8)

agreed.
i cant stand it when people leave stickers on things they've bought and they get gross overtime. dust and grime collects on them. so any new item bought home is scrubbed sticker free.

but i do crafts a lot and have a ton of scrapebook stickers etc.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2022, 9:27 am

Spunge42 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
It depends on context.

In the situations described by OP I dislike stickers.

I like stickers on guitars. I like stickers on cars.

I have stickers on my laptop but they're the smoothy kind that can come off.

Stickers are fun when I get to choose them and put them where I want.

The ones inflicted upon us are pure hell. 8)

agreed.
i cant stand it when people leave stickers on things they've bought and they get gross overtime. dust and grime collects on them. so any new item bought home is scrubbed sticker free.

but i do crafts a lot and have a ton of scrapebook stickers etc.

I can't believe someone feels the same way I do about stickers people leave on things. They get so ICKY to look at, I avoid looking at them. If I have to look at the object they're on, I avoid "eye contact" with the sticker -- the gross, grimy, slimy thing it is. I'm not trying to be funny here. I'm serious.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 9:57 am

How do you feel about adhesive tapes? Is a sticker set into a matching recess for product branding OK? Is the problem that sometimes a sticker will peel over onto something else sliding over the surface?

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2022, 11:51 am

Dear_one wrote:
How do you feel about adhesive tapes? Is a sticker set into a matching recess for product branding OK? Is the problem that sometimes a sticker will peel over onto something else sliding over the surface?

Adhesive tapes: If it's clear, I have no problem. If it's that foggy type, I hate it. I don't want to put my finger on it if it's already stuck on something. At Whole Foods sometimes the cashier puts that foggy tape over the lid of those big paper cups customers use to put salad and hot bar items in. The tape goes across the lid and down either side of the cup. The second I see the cashier doing this, I say "No tape." Periodically this will get past me and I'll discover, once I'm home, that the containers have the foggy tape. Hello, internal distress. I immediately remove it. I always wonder why the cashiers NEVER ASK FIRST if the customer wants the damn tape!! ! Even if they're halfway done with putting on the foggy tape, I will tell them "No tape," and they'll remove it.

I don't know what you mean by "matching recess." Yesterday I bought a few ceramic pots for my plants. Each had two stickers INSIDE, and then two more on the outside bottom! This is crazy!! ! I got rid of all, and had to use a box cutter to remove two that were very stubbornly adhesed. There still remains some white/grey goop, but at least it's on the inside of the pot where the soil will conceal it.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 1:45 pm

I was thinking of stickers that are part of the original design, giving information on brand and the function of controls. Are you able to distinguish between self-adhesive parts and glued on ones?

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2022, 4:07 pm

Dear_one wrote:
Are you able to distinguish between self-adhesive parts and glued on ones?

Some peel off easier, while others I can barely get started in a corner, but if I try to keep peeling, only the top layer kind of comes off, leaving the scruffy white underside. These must be aggressively scraped off with a sharp tool. I always peel very slowly, because if you yank at one, only the top layer will come off, leaving that white underside.

It's probably my biggest sensory issue. I just can't help it. As nuts as it sounds, I'd actually rather have this issue than an aversion to fluorescent lights, because it's difficult to avoid fluorescent lights when running public errands or going into the community. I can avoid touching stickers other than the initial peeling, and I just deal with the fact I must remove them whenever I buy new merchandise.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 4:11 pm

Single edge razor blades and goo gone applied for a couple minutes before you remove them works most of the time. I do detest those ones that peel off in tiny bits and chunks.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 4:15 pm

^^ Do you also remove the model number and serial number stickers, brand names, and the labels on controls? Do you continue on to scrape off paint with the adhesive removal tools?

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2022, 6:39 pm

Dear_one wrote:
^^ Do you also remove the model number and serial number stickers, brand names, and the labels on controls? Do you continue on to scrape off paint with the adhesive removal tools?

I leave the model number and serial number ones on in case I need them. These are also usually located where I'd never accidentally touch, such as the serial number and manufacturer info at the bottom of my treadmill. I don't think I've seen labels on controls (what controls do you mean? my TV and stereo remote controls never had them, and I don't play videogames, if that's what you mean).

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 8:35 pm

^^ Self-adhesive applications grow daily. Even truck bodies are now assembled with double-sided tape. I don't keep track, but I'm sure I've seen clear stickers with dial numbers and names.