Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 4:47 pm

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/photo-from-mars-looks-like-doorwaty/

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 5:56 pm

Yeah I saw that. Its a cool pic. Looks like a windowless gentleman's club on Mars. You expect to see a burly bouncer come out and toss a drunk guy out.

Trouble is that the "doorway" is only two feet tall. I think thats what I read. So the Martians are munchkins.

Obviously its just an artifact of naturally fracturing rock. Not a "doorway".

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 10:54 pm

That looks very much like a doorway to something underground. Of all the "looks like" Mars pictures I've seen, that's the most striking as looking "man-made" rather than a geological optical illusion.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 3:40 am

Well...theyre going to have a Senate hearing on UFOs this week.

Maybe it will turn out that that IS a doorway to a VAST underground city. Not used by "Martians", but by ETs from another star who just use Mars as a local staging area to...pester Earth. And play chicken with our Navy pilots, and mutilate our cattle, and abducts folks.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 4:00 am

I mean the journalist involved get's a prize for the biggest non-sequitur in news history.

Oh look! NASA photographed a fractured rock...and....Coincidentally, a U.S. Congressional House subcommittee is set to hold an open hearing next Tuesday about UFOs—the first time the fascinating topic has been on the docket in over 50 years.

I mean really?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 4:36 am

It looks like something from an archeological dig in Egypt to me. If someone told me that was a doorway on the side of the Spinix, I'd have no trouble believing it.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 4:38 am

naturalplastic wrote:

An official "they might exist but we don't know / can't say for sure".

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 9:37 am

Cue the X-Files music!

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 9:39 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Maybe it will turn out that that IS a doorway to a VAST underground city. Not used by "Martians", but by ETs from another star who just use Mars as a local staging area to...pester Earth. And play chicken with our Navy pilots, and mutilate our cattle, and abducts folks.

This plays into my movie imagination. They could make a great movie out of this.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 12:15 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

This plays into my movie imagination. They could make a great movie out of this.

They already did

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 4:44 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

They already have - it's called Stargate

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 5:41 pm

The pic should be put on the cover of Aldous Huxley's book "the Doors of Perception".

And on the CD cover of the next reissue of music by the "Doors" ( Morrison got the name of the band from the Huxley book which is about psychedelics).

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 2:08 am

naturalplastic wrote:
The pic should be put on the cover of Aldous Huxley's book "the Doors of Perception".

And on the CD cover of the next reissue of music by the "Doors" ( Morrison got the name of the band from the Huxley book which is about psychedelics).

How about stairway to heaven?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 3:46 am

There isn't a door. It's a doorway (which isn't the same thing as a stairway). If there was a door there once, it's missing now.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 8:02 am

cyberdad wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Stargate was one of my dad and I favourite films we saw together back in the 1990s

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 2:45 am

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Stargate was one of my dad and I favourite films we saw together back in the 1990s

Richard Dean was excellent in both Stargate and Macgyver