Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 8:49 am

I've been writing up one of these a day for a year now in a diary, and it does help me feel better about life.
1. I'm glad that I noticed I had gotten into a rut, and went on a long bicycle tour to find a new location.
2. I'm glad that I used to go for walks late at night, and turn off the headlights of a parked car almost every time.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 8:54 am

I'm glad I chose to go for a different job offered at the same place where I work but just a different duty. Better hours and less repetitive tasks.

Sounder1995
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 May 2022, 7:32 pm

I'm glad that I finished college and got a job where I can excel with minimal human interaction.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 2:34 am

I am glad that I struck oil multiple times.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 18 May 2022, 3:49 am, edited 6 times in total.

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 May 2022, 2:48 am

Well for me, basically, I'm glad I learned to deal with the problems I have in my life. As you all probably know, our life problems can really bother us alot and sometimes cause you to lose focus on the important matters in life. Life struggles are a very understandable thing and happens to alot of people, but sometimes people tend to forget how to deal with problems, they just feel sad about the problem itself and not thinking about how to deal with it. I guess you can say I'm a "hero" out there for being able to deal with such big problems like mine in my life, but I think other people have or had bigger problems in their lives than mine, and my problems might be relatively "small". I guess it depends on how you look at it, but thats the way I see it personally.

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

SendInTheClowns
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2022, 4:09 am

I'm glad I travelled when I was young and the world was then a much safer place. I'm glad I was fortunate enough to meet many kind strangers on those journeys. I'm glad for the encouragers/mentors that manifested in my life from time to time, in various settings. I left my country to travel at a fairly young age, hard up, alone, throwing caution to the wind, naive, and oblivious to danger, desperate to escape the awfulness of my childhood and was soooooo lucky to encounter amazingly good hearted people, who unknowingly perhaps, helped me heal.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 4:47 pm

Since high school or so my worthless corpse has been keeping a journal

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 4:59 pm

I'm glad that I got veterinary insurance.
I'm glad I listened to HighLlama.
I'm glad I earned a pension.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 6:41 pm

Living alone. It's the best thing ever!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 8:56 pm

I’m glad that I started learning a language during quarantine. I can read novels in my target language and I enjoy it immensely.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 9:10 pm

I'm glad I found this thread.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 9:59 pm

Dear_one wrote:
I've been writing up one of these a day for a year now in a diary, and it does help me feel better about life.
1. I'm glad that I noticed I had gotten into a rut, and went on a long bicycle tour to find a new location.
2. I'm glad that I used to go for walks late at night, and turn off the headlights of a parked car almost every time.

Off topic, but where were you that people didn't lock their cars?! Why would you mess with a stranger's car, except in the case of an actual emergency?

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 10:20 pm

KimD wrote:
Dear_one wrote:

Off topic, but where were you that people didn't lock their cars?! Why would you mess with a stranger's car, except in the case of an actual emergency?

Toronto, Canada. I did it because I follow the Golden Rule, and because there was about zero chance of getting in trouble that fast. Anybody could see the lights go out, and the door close right away. A lot of people don't lock their cars even in rowdy areas, because the windows cost more than anything they leave inside.
Michael Moore did a video where he documented conditions in Detroit, and then crossed the river to Windsor, Ontario, and found that most houses had unlocked doors. A lot of houses are left unlocked in winter just to make sure that nobody freezes to death nearby. Cars are left unlocked in Churchill Manitoba in the spring in case somebody needs to get away from a Polar bear. However, cars are locked in most of rural Canada in late summer to keep them from being filled with Zucchini.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 7:00 am

Looking after my mother (no one else is there)
Apologizing and meaning it
A couple of other things

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 8:41 am

I'm glad I served in the military. It changed my life a lot...for the better.

And in case my bride sees this, I am also glad I found and married her! :heart: But I don't think that would've happened if I wasn't a veteran. She was also a veteran and it gave us something in common.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 10:00 am

Dear_one wrote:
KimD wrote:
Dear_one wrote:

Toronto, Canada. I did it because I follow the Golden Rule, and because there was about zero chance of getting in trouble that fast. Anybody could see the lights go out, and the door close right away. A lot of people don't lock their cars even in rowdy areas, because the windows cost more than anything they leave inside.
Michael Moore did a video where he documented conditions in Detroit, and then crossed the river to Windsor, Ontario, and found that most houses had unlocked doors. A lot of houses are left unlocked in winter just to make sure that nobody freezes to death nearby. Cars are left unlocked in Churchill Manitoba in the spring in case somebody needs to get away from a Polar bear. However, cars are locked in most of rural Canada in late summer to keep them from being filled with Zucchini.

If the owner or the cops saw you trying to turn the lights off, they might think you were breaking into the car, or grand theft auto. They might not be receptive to your (correct) explanation. (Maybe some car thieves claimed to have been turning off the lights)

If you saw the driver leave the lights on, you could have told the driver

At work, I moved a cart with a bucket of paint, a couple of feet away from the electrical outlet, so I could plug in a scooter

(Even though plugging in the scooter is part of my job description, and there are only so many electrical outlets, and I wasn't trying to steal his precious lil bucket of paint, a customer had the nerve to bark at me "hey! Mine! What are you doing?". ). As usual I was at a loss for words, but a coworker told the customer that "he's trying to plug in the scooter".

The customer did not answer the coworker, but that was also not Wrongful Accusation

The customer was doing his best and he didn't do anything wrong

It is just that, to the customer, it appeared that I was trying to steal his precious lil bucket of paint