Almost Cried In Front Of Coworkers

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 9:29 pm

I've been getting burnt out over work because I work in a loud AF factory, and trying to process everything while staying productive is exhausting to me. Today my partner at work that shares a clothes bin with me ended up snapping at me twice, and I felt so stupid because it was completely understandable for her to snap at my dumbass, but I'm just so exhausted that I can't process anything, plus apparently me and my aunt might have COVID which has been making me dissociate.

Her snapping at me was over something that I should be able to do without thought after a month of working there, and over me not getting her nonverbal cues to move something. I got really frustrated at myself and eventually had to try really hard to not start crying, and then her and a couple of my coworkers kept glancing at me. They were talking later and were pointing at me, and now I want to just crawl in a hole and f*****g die because I'm so embarrassed and feel like a giant 4 year old.

My coworkers was also a lot nicer to me afterwards, which makes me feel like s**t because I didn't want her to do that, she was right to get angry at me, I was just upset at myself. Now I'm worried I'm going to be told to work with the girl I was working with when I first got there (which is fine, but she doesn't speak English or correct things I do wrong), and that the girl I'm working with currently will think I'm a guilt trippy baby and not want to work with me or help me ever again.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 9:34 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
They were talking later and were pointing at me, and now I want to just crawl in a hole and f*****g die because I'm so embarrassed and feel like a giant 4 year old.

They were pointing at you?!
How old are these fools?
It's sounds like they're the four-year old dumbasses, not you.

I'm sorry that happened.
You've really had a rough day. :(

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 9:44 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
They were pointing at you?!
How old are these fools?
It's sounds like they're the four-year old dumbasses, not you.

I'm sorry that happened.
You've really had a rough day. :(

It was an Indian lady (probs in her 30s-40s) that's really nice to me and the girl I'm currently partners with (20s-30), so I don't think they were making fun of me, but they were obviously either discussing me crying or me being absolutely inept, which is so embarrassing.

The other lady who kept looking at me I don't think likes me because I'm super clumsy, and the girl I was originally partners with also glanced at me once or twice. Basically everyone in my department saw me almost start crying and I honestly feel like a ret*d for making a fool of myself like that.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 10:02 pm

Hugs

I cry easily too.
Even worse, I sometimes cover it up by seeming angry.
Let's hope your almost-tears help all the employees to have more compassion.
It seems they were being empathetic, rather than thinking you were inept.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 10:14 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Hugs

I cry easily too.
Even worse, I sometimes cover it up by seeming angry.
Let's hope your almost-tears help all the employees to have more compassion.
It seems they were being empathetic, rather than thinking you were inept.

*hugs* :heart:

I don't normally cry, so I think that's also why I'm so embarrassed. I just hope my partner still wants to work with me tomorrow, and my coworkers don't treat me weirder than usual. Maybe if I try my best to act like nothing happened everyone will forget about it... lmao

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 10:56 am

I empathise with you. I get tearful whenever someone snaps at me, then I beat myself up for making such a dumb mistake and I feel embarrassed and bad afterwards. It's so hard not to cry. I usually hold the tears back the best I can while I'm finding a place to go to let it out in private, like a restroom. I'm a very sensitive person, but I don't want people to feel they have to walk on eggshells around me, so if the person snapping at me wasn't personal, I don't tell anyone in the same room/environment how I feel because I don't want to be treated differently either.

Saying that you want to crawl into a hole and f*****g die is OK (unless you literally do it of course), as it's good to let the frustration out. Be harsh with yourself. That's what I do. Just don't follow through on anything. :)

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 11:51 am

I think they'll feel bad if they feel responsible for making you cry. I hope today is going better for you!

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 12:19 pm

MaxE wrote:
I think they'll feel bad if they feel responsible for making you cry. I hope today is going better for you!

I just feel bad for possibly making them feel bad. :(

I also stayed home today because I'm sick, and honestly I really didn't want to go after yesterday, so I'm glad I had to stay home. I'll probably feel better and do better tomorrow due to it though, which is good, and maybe my coworkers won't remember what happened by then.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 12:22 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I empathise with you. I get tearful whenever someone snaps at me, then I beat myself up for making such a dumb mistake and I feel embarrassed and bad afterwards. It's so hard not to cry. I usually hold the tears back the best I can while I'm finding a place to go to let it out in private, like a restroom. I'm a very sensitive person, but I don't want people to feel they have to walk on eggshells around me, so if the person snapping at me wasn't personal, I don't tell anyone in the same room/environment how I feel because I don't want to be treated differently either.

Saying that you want to crawl into a hole and f*****g die is OK (unless you literally do it of course), as it's good to let the frustration out. Be harsh with yourself. That's what I do. Just don't follow through on anything. :)

I'm glad I'm at least not the only one. I am just very frustrated with myself lately, and being sick + getting snapped at made it really hard to calm down this time. I hope this never happens again or I think I'd die from embarrassment. lol

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 12:32 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
MaxE wrote:

I just feel bad for possibly making them feel bad. :(

I also stayed home today because I'm sick, and honestly I really didn't want to go after yesterday, so I'm glad I had to stay home. I'll probably feel better and do better tomorrow due to it though, which is good, and maybe my coworkers won't remember what happened by then.

You shouldn't devalue your feelings in relation to others'. Doing so might indicate that your self-worth is diminished. Your importance to that team is probably equal to that of your teammates. I also hope you're doing something to protect your ears.

EDIT: You were also sick. Could have been 50% of the problem.

Last edited by MaxE on 17 May 2022, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 12:36 pm

I have my moments like that in work too. It doesn't happen often now though. I just adjusted to ignoring stuff like assuming it happens in a lot of work places to a lot of other people anyway.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 1:04 pm

Quote:
I just feel bad for possibly making them feel bad

Yes this is exactly how I feel too.

Quote:
I have my moments like that in work too. It doesn't happen often now though. I just adjusted to ignoring stuff like assuming it happens in a lot of work places to a lot of other people anyway.

It does happen to everyone in every workplace all the time, and both me and the OP know that, but it's managing to deal with it rationally that is the difficult part. We may respond to it appropriately but inside we're tearing apart. If I'm with someone else and we're both being snapped at or confronted, I don't get so emotional and I can deal with it much better by ignoring it or laughing it off. But when it happens when I'm on my own, it's so much more distressing for me. I don't know why.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 4:05 pm

Its ok. The best men cry. Do not worry. Emotion shows you have a heart.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 8:56 pm

I went to work today and it was okay. I was a lot less frustrated and my partner at work was a lot more patient with me, and more clear about what she wanted me to do.